PDA

View Full Version : Trick mirror indicators...

scooby2102
13-11-05, 10:30 PM
Got a new set of mirror / indicators today from J & S

Halfway through fitting them, managed to use all the original bolts & rubber gaskets + found a neat way of routing the wiring (only had to drill 1 hole in the top fairing), which fits behind the fairing so looks original (even if I say so maself)! 8)

Mirror backs are carbon look with the indicator inset (smoked amber and kinda fades to clear) and actual mirror glass is about the same size as the originals.

Will post some piccies and/or instructions if anybody is interested

If not then I'll get me coat !

jim@55
13-11-05, 10:38 PM
post some pics up ,,iv seen earlier models(i.e the nice/best looking CURVY ones) :wink: but ive not seen them on a pointy ala gsxr1000.have u tried them ,any good ,do they vibrate and make police cars look like transit vans??etc,,,etc

big_red
14-11-05, 02:44 AM
Sounds good to me what you have done and I would like to see some photos

minky
14-11-05, 10:13 AM
Ooh sound nice, definately need some pics though :)

scooby2102
14-11-05, 11:55 PM
will be back home on wed so will try and post some piccies before the weekend

independentphoto
01-12-05, 07:40 PM
OK Folks, I've had the pics sent through. Here we go...........

http://www.independentphoto.co.uk/media/sv650/unlitcatormirrors.jpg

And...........

http://www.independentphoto.co.uk/media/sv650/litcatormirrors.jpg

Must say- I'm interested in seeing those for real now.

Garry :wink:

northwind
01-12-05, 09:56 PM
On the plus side, it looks like an X-wing.

jimmy4237
03-12-05, 04:00 PM
How much rear view vision have you got compared to the original mirrors (which you can only see shoulders :evil: )???

Plus, how bright are the bulbs in the mirrors? Can they be seen by the cage and wagon drivers from a distance??

chewy22
03-12-05, 07:35 PM
(which you can only see shoulders :evil: )???

?

You did look here ? www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

northwind
03-12-05, 07:38 PM
But then, putting trick mirrors on and using the extenders would be a wee bit counterproductive I think- they're very effective, but quite unattractive.

Plus, Jimmy always wears an absurdly massive old textile jacket with shoulders like an American footballers :)

jim@55
03-12-05, 08:51 PM
well northwind ,,,jimmy needs a lot of padding with his track(or should i say hedge/ditch whatever)record :wink: :wink:

jimmy4237
04-12-05, 11:24 AM
That "old textile jacket with shoulders" still does the job quite well, thank you Northy!!! But I might get a nice HG leather one for next summertime

I have seen them on Chewy's site, but I don't have a credit card, and I don't use Paypal, plus I don't give my personal bank account details out to just anybody, let alone a commercial website. I'm paranoid 8-[

Northy, check your PM

Jim, my track record is well known within this hallowed fraternity :lol:
I'm not proud of it either :P

[/b]

jim@55
04-12-05, 11:31 AM
only kidding jimmy :P that day we were out i couldnt catch you to see anything anyway ,im more likely to bin it than u so dont take it serious :wink:

chewy22
04-12-05, 03:18 PM
I have seen them on Chewy's site, but I don't have a credit card, and I don't use Paypal, plus I don't give my personal bank account details out to just anybody, let alone a commercial website. I'm paranoid 8-[

[/b]
I do take cheques just PM me for details.

chewy22
03-02-06, 04:29 PM
Got a new set of mirror / indicators today from J & S

Mirror backs are carbon look with the indicator inset (smoked amber and kinda fades to clear) and actual mirror glass is about the same size as the originals.

!

Can we please have an update on how you are getting on with these please?

scooby2102
04-02-06, 03:09 AM
Chewy, see pics above (10 posts up on independentphoto post, had to get garry to host the pics)

also, posted piccies in the photos section with the indie mirrors and the new led indies with the clear rear light unit

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=31375

chewy22
04-02-06, 12:43 PM
Chewy, see pics above (10 posts up on independentphoto post, had to get garry to host the pics)

]

I think you misunderstood me. Do they stick out far enough to see clearly behind you and do the lights seem bright enough for the purpose intended.

scooby2102
04-02-06, 06:24 PM
mirors are no worse than the originals for rear view, the lights are def bright enough on the mirrors, side indies have 18 leds each and rear is much the same as the original

all in all, think it was a worthwhile mod as it is functional as well as a bit better looking than the stock stuff