PDA

View Full Version : Euro Tours 2006+1 - Any Plans?

Demonz
20-11-05, 12:29 AM
Anyone got any Euro Tours planned for 2006. Would be great to hear whats going on and approximate dates/months??

Jelster
20-11-05, 10:41 AM
Possibly,

Watch this space................

Anonymous
20-11-05, 04:45 PM
Definitely........

but don't watch this space as I'm going alone :lol:

No seriously, I for one am without a doubt going down Austria/Slovenia again, probably basing in one or two places this time. When I get around to plans I will ask if anyone wants to come along :lol:

It was so good down that way.

Steve, I don't know if its too far in too short a time for the eurotour (as I think you typically go for less than a week) but Germany/Austria might be lovely for your event?

TSM
20-11-05, 05:22 PM
I as long as i am up and running again next year, i will be planning another trip to portugal in august or around that time.

This year i did it on a two week trip with 3 day travel each way, but the main aim was to be in portugal, but the next time i do it i plan for it to be a better trip arround europe taking much longer to get to portugal.

Demonz
20-11-05, 10:35 PM
Definitely........

No seriously, I for one am without a doubt going down Austria/Slovenia again, probably basing in one or two places this time. When I get around to plans I will ask if anyone wants to come along :lol:

.... was thinking Austria as well - a mate owns a chalet in Kirchberg so free accom. Croatia may also be an option - but a hell of a way to go so poss train - and I am thinking insurance maybe a problem.

Anonymous
21-11-05, 07:45 AM
Definitely........

.... was thinking Austria as well - a mate owns a chalet in Kirchberg so free accom. Croatia may also be an option - but a hell of a way to go so poss train - and I am thinking insurance maybe a problem.

Croatia is now covered on many (possibly most) bike policies. They usually say Eu +swiss+croatia. Its a fair way tho.

loopy
29-11-05, 08:00 AM
my mate and i are planning a trip to nothern spain in june . leaving ireland to holyhead down to plymouth ,boat to santander and then the fun will begin .anyone fancy it?

localhost
04-12-05, 06:06 PM
I am going.
I haven't planned anything yet though, im waiting for my mate to pass his license (or so i hope he does).

Perhaps i should start looking into some routes and things i need.

tinpants
10-01-06, 02:09 PM
My bro-in-law and I are planning a trip to Le Mans with a few friends in May for the GP. Any advice re: ferries and places to stay in Le Mans would be appreciated.

If anyone from here is going and wants to tag along we could meet along the way- either at Bristol/ M4 corridor or anywhere along the route to Dover.

Silver Dream
10-01-06, 05:55 PM
Hi

Also looking at poss going to either lemanns or assen for the gpprob 4-5 of us, any recomendations re train or ferry experience's would be gratefully recieved

Cheers

Tim in Belgium
12-01-06, 08:10 PM
Planning a bit of a big trip from Belgium this summer, 15 days on the bike to Eastern Europe!

Going to blast across Germany in a day to the Czech republic, then Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania (I mean Transylvania is a must!), Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Austria then home!

Still in the early planning stages and it may be ambitious (understatement of the year!!), but can always change my mind at any stage. Plan to hostel/cheap hotel/b&B (often called a pension), figure it should be cheap enough out east.

If anyone wants to join me for a stage, rendez-vous to laugh at me or just laugh please let me know.

Anyone got some good advice on long distance touring tyres? And Suzuki dealers in Serbia, as figure I may be due a service by the time I get there?!!

Seriously I do plan to do this epic, or at least a good proportion of it.

May be up fopr an Assen trip earlier in the year too, or any other good euro races that people can suggest.

Anonymous
13-01-06, 08:01 AM
Planning a bit of a big trip from Belgium this summer, 15 days on the bike to Eastern Europe!

Going to blast across Germany in a day to the Czech republic, then Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania (I mean Transylvania is a must!), Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Austria then home!

Still in the early planning stages and it may be ambitious (understatement of the year!!), but can always change my mind at any stage. Plan to hostel/cheap hotel/b&B (often called a pension), figure it should be cheap enough out east.

If anyone wants to join me for a stage, rendez-vous to laugh at me or just laugh please let me know.

Anyone got some good advice on long distance touring tyres? And Suzuki dealers in Serbia, as figure I may be due a service by the time I get there?!!

Seriously I do plan to do this epic, or at least a good proportion of it.

May be up fopr an Assen trip earlier in the year too, or any other good euro races that people can suggest.

Very much the route I was thinking of having a crack at this year if I went the tour each day route rather than the base myself in a couple of places and relax a bit more plan I've been promising myself. I read (from folks on the ground there) that all these places are fine theft and safety wise, the only one that worries me is Serbia and I think I'd give that a miss. There's one or two not covered on my normal policy, and I can't remember what folk have done about that. I think you buy basic insurance on the border to cover third party and never let your bike out of sight for theft cover :lol: :lol: The only bad things Ive heard is the state of the roads. That UKHorizons site that Wildbill recommends is a mine of info but I find it hard to find the info. www.advrider.com is pretty good (Europe section and sports bike sections). There's a lot of talk on there just now re. Balkans and an american guy living down in Bosnia is very helpful and a few in Turkey.

Tim in Belgium
13-01-06, 02:37 PM
Luckily my european insurance covers me for these countries, although not for theft (anywhere, going to get a big chain, have a super secure underground garage at the moment, a little like the bat cave)!! THe countries I'm missing out (Moldova, UKraine, Albania) are on the list I'm not allowed to visit!! Maybe next time

Going to do a bit more research into the state of the roads etc, but am not going to be put off by pot holes!!

Will check out the link this evening, thanks.

Couerdelion
16-01-06, 12:59 PM
Organising one to the North West 200 in May and more than likely will organise another Nurburgring one for July this year.

Probably similar dates to this one and same itinery.

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=21879&start=0

Just waiting for 'ring dates to be published.

Filipe M.
16-01-06, 04:12 PM
If any of you is coming to sunny old Portugal drop me a line, will ya?! :)

Tim in Belgium
10-02-06, 11:57 AM
If any of you is coming to sunny old Portugal drop me a line, will ya?! :)

Same goes if any of you are passing through belgium.

graham04
01-06-06, 07:27 PM
Hi All
I will be off to sunny France on the 12th June, arriving in Le Havre. With a mate I will be riding down to Millau for yet another amazing French bridge crossing. They certainly know how to build the spectacular. Then from Millau around the Tarn Gorge to Nimes. There are fantastic Roman buildings in and around Nimes, makes Tony Robinsons odd roof tile look pathetic. Then up to Monaco to rub shoulders with the filthy rich. ( In the case of the filthy rich they will be rubbing shoulders with the filthy dirty ). I will be stopping in an Etap hotel in Menton about 12miles up the coast from Monaco. Quite reasonably priced for the area and overlooks the med. We will travel back through the Alps, hopefully over the bonnete which is the highest piece of tarmac in europe if it is open ( still closed at this time ). We will hopefully do the Galibier and the Iseran if open. You could spend weeks in the Alps alone. The roads and views are truly spectacular. We should be home on the 23rd and cover between 2500 and 3000 miles. If you want to enjoy yourself in France keep off the motorways and stick to the N and D roads . If you want to keep the costs down use Formule1 hotels. They are cheap and spotless, the downside is they are usually in industrial zones. They have a good website and can be found in most French towns.
The real sad bit is my SV is knackered so I am having to drag a GSX600F out of mothballs to do the trip, I know its comfy but its just not the same.

Happy touring

Graham

YoungMan
25-10-06, 10:11 PM
I'm intending to leave around the 10th of May 07 - getting back early September.

UK-France- (Maybe Munich Detour) Switzerland - Italy - Greece - Bulgaria - Romania - (Maybe detour to Donetsk) - Poland - Czech Rep - Germany - Belgium - ooh my bum and arms.
So hopefully I'll see you tearing towards me TimInBelgium?

If anyone is interested in sharing this little Euro-ramble from mate's place to pension and travelling light I can only promise sun, beer, biking and a couple of other b's that slip my addled 52 year old brain.

Tim in Belgium
26-10-06, 09:46 AM
Moved back to the UK now, so unless I am on a Euro tour myself I doubt you'll see me!

hovis
08-11-06, 09:58 PM
no plans.......yet :wink:

K
09-11-06, 08:42 AM
...and more than likely will organise another Nurburgring one for July this year.

Probably similar dates to this one and same itinery.

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=21879&start=0

Just waiting for 'ring dates to be published.

How can I put this in a polite and subtle way...

... you feckin' better be organising a Nurburgring trip or I'll be going on my own and it'll take five weeks cos I'll get lost! :lol:

I have to say though - if I can possibly afford it - I'm seriously considering that 4-5 day residential course at the track at some point next year. :twisted:

the white rabbit
09-11-06, 10:29 AM
I've three things in mind already but work keeps increasingly getting in the way of longer trips.

Probably France at somepoint

Morrocco with a group of Polish Africa Twin riders (which means a new set of panniers before I even go :()

Romania with a different group of nutty Poles

I envy folks who can do longer trips like you YoungMan but too many things at home just at the moment.

the white rabbit
09-11-06, 10:30 AM
Oh, the date on this is last year (this year) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Demonz
09-11-06, 02:03 PM
Oh, the date on this is last year (this year) :lol: :lol: :lol:

And how time moves along...

I will hope to do a trip mid-sep to the Alps again weekend to weekend. I cant get enough summer time off work so may need to save to get somewhere with warmer climes for late next year.

Morrocco sounds like a great trip Dr Rich - one day I would love to get down to the Sahara - just for bragging rights.

the white rabbit
09-11-06, 02:06 PM
Morrocco sounds like a great trip Dr Rich - one day I would love to get down to the Sahara - just for bragging rights.

Been but not on bike. Fantastic down in southern corner. Long way tho. Few people in here have done the north, coast and the anti-atlas I think.

YoungMan
09-11-06, 02:48 PM
Erm .. I leave for the USA on the 3rd of Dec, NZ Xmas with (big) kids, Oz, Cambodia, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia - back late April and only then off round Europe starting mid-May. Might throw in a trip to the Highlands in September when I get back... :oops:

This life ain't a dress rehearsal.

mysteryjimbo
09-11-06, 03:13 PM
Doing a circular of France in Sept with the other half.

Taking in Normandy, Geneva (Swiss), St Tropez, Andorra and up the West Coast.

the white rabbit
09-11-06, 03:18 PM
Erm .. I leave for the USA on the 3rd of Dec, NZ Xmas with (big) kids, Oz, Cambodia, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia - back late April and only then off round Europe starting mid-May. Might throw in a trip to the Highlands in September when I get back... :oops:

This life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Bloody slacker :wink: