PDA

View Full Version : Full race 2-1 system for sale

andydevil
23-11-05, 04:16 PM
WRP titanium full race system. Exellent condition.£100

northwind
23-11-05, 08:35 PM
i've got two of these, they kick ****. Hint for you though, if it's in good nick shine it up and get some snaps on the bike, and stick it on Ebay- if you don't clear £200 I'd be astonished. Whole system's titanium, it doesn't get blingier than that! If I didn't already have a spare I'd have it off you...

These come with the Northwind stamp of approval :) Take 3 inches off the end can and they sound superb as well. Good power gain when set up right, and the lightest full-can exhaust system ever made for the SV.

haggis
23-11-05, 10:18 PM
Email sent.

That good, eh Northy? Cool. :wink:

northwind
23-11-05, 10:51 PM
The only thing I'd say is I've never been sure if they're as efficient as the big names... I modified mine a little because the can has a bit of a restriction in it, for example. But if there's more than a horse difference in it I'd be very surprised.

Saint Matt
24-11-05, 08:28 AM
I quite fancy it, my downpipes are shocking. I'll go and have a chat with my bank account and see what it says.

Saint Matt
24-11-05, 09:56 AM
Wooo I get paid tomorrow so I'll have them if they are still available. Please email/add me on msn if you have it saint_matt@hotmail.co.uk .I'm in derby, so not too far away so I could pick them up.

Saint Matt
26-11-05, 03:16 PM
Hello?

21QUEST
27-11-05, 02:11 PM
Hello?

Don't hold your breath mate. We agreed a sale but looks like he has decided he'll get more money elsewhere(ebay) so has decided not to respond to my messages as the mesage has been read.

Andydevil(seriously) I wish you all the best with the sale. Not really fussed as I'd rather not deal with people like you anyway :wink: .

Cheers
Ben

ps: folks not really my style but not being big enough to respond to I hate.

Saint Matt
27-11-05, 08:12 PM
Don't hold your breath mate

*Exhales* Phew! Ah well, cheers dude.

andydevil
28-11-05, 10:51 AM
In response to 21quest post, having been out of the country for the past 3 days, it has not been possible to answer 21quests message. I had a friend check messages, and instead of writing this post 21quest would have recived a message containing what he wanted to know to complete the sale.

No sour grapes 21quest, but you have jumped the gun somewhat , posting a bitchy reply, so would not want to deal with you

Thanks ANDYDEVIL.

Saint Matt
28-11-05, 06:53 PM
PM read and replied :)

21QUEST
28-11-05, 09:29 PM
That is such Pretty Story that it needs breaking down :roll:

In response to 21quest post, having been out of the country for the past 3 days, it has not been possible to answer 21quests message..
Hope you had a nice trip as you obviously had a safe one.

I had a friend check messages, and instead of writing this post 21quest would have recived a message containing what he wanted to know to complete the sale..
:-s What was the point of your friend checking messages if he was not allowed to reply :?

No sour grapes 21quest, .
none here bud

but you have jumped the gun somewhat ,.
If you say so ..... Maybe having two people who have just registered to sell their bits not making details asked for to complete a sale does not help. Two messages via two different channels were sent to you.

posting a bitchy reply, .
I see you have got a sense of humour

so would not want to deal with you.
well , we are in agreement on that point :wink:

On my part it's done and good luck :-#

Cheers
Ben

andydevil
28-11-05, 10:14 PM
Thank god i dont have to have anything more to do with somebody who is obviously a very bitter person. Not only will he accept whats happend (you're far to suspicious of people), you still need to be insulting in your own self righteous, petty way. Get a life

Thanks very much,

Andy :twisted:

P.s Ben, i had a mate look at my messages because the the cheque you said was "in the post" wed night never appeared, in fact you never sent it and never bothered to let me know. Because he didn't reply is not his business, i told him not to, i would sort it out today. Hows that for a "pretty story" :lol:

21QUEST
28-11-05, 10:54 PM
Okay thought you'd have the good sense to let it lie but can't be rude to you now , can I?

Thank god i dont have to have anything more to do with somebody who is obviously a very bitter person.
I thought we already agreed on that point :lol: and you have a right to your opinion so that is okay :twisted:

Not only will he accept whats happend (you're far to suspicious of people),
So I've accepted whats happened :roll: , what's your problem :). You are wrong I trust you like a Bro :( :)

you still need to be insulting in your own self righteous, petty way.
If you felt insulted , please accept my apology :P

Get a life
Okay , I'll get back in my room and hug my teddy :roll: :wink:

Thanks very much,
Don't Mention :lol:

21QUEST
28-11-05, 10:57 PM
Thank god i dont have to have anything more to do with somebody who is obviously a very bitter person. Not only will he accept whats happend (you're far to suspicious of people), you still need to be insulting in your own self righteous, petty way. Get a life

Thanks very much,

P.s Ben, i had a mate look at my messages because the the cheque you said was "in the post" wed night never appeared, in fact you never sent it and never bothered to let me know. Because he didn't reply is not his business, i told him not to, i would sort it out today. Hows that for a "pretty story" :lol:

:shock: Yep , that is an even Prettier One. You are good , you know :P :lol: :wink:

northwind
28-11-05, 11:03 PM
There's something really special about someone who joins a forum just to flog someone, and in his third post starts flinging insults at a long-term contributor, isn't there? Especially one who's as fundamentally dishonest as to list an item on Ebay and for sale here...

haggis
28-11-05, 11:34 PM
Yeah, what's the real story mate? I pm'd you my interest a couple of hours after your first post which you replied nice and quick. Then next morning you said it was sold.

I imagine what happened was, you shot yourself in the foot with the £100 offer and got greedy?

I also thought "good luck to ya, but i'm no longer interested" when i noticed it on ebay today.

The moral here? Honesty is the best policy.

andydevil
29-11-05, 12:21 PM
Oh dear, looks like im being ganged up on. :help:

1. Northwind- [-X I would'nt have been insulting had 21quest not insulted myself ( when poeple start throwing S*@T i'll give it back). I certainly don't join forums to cause aggro. This is an exellent site, very usefull. =D>

2. When selling somthing its always best to advertise in as many locations as possible, hense the post here and the ebay listing (which i have never hidden) to gain maximum amount of coverage. The ebay listing also states that i reserve the right to end early as advertised else where (here). And thats what would have happened had the sale been compleated. :-$

3. Haggis- think what you like, i would have seen sale through. I paid £100 for it myself( had seasons use of it) and would make my money back. Im certainly not "greedy". It seems that sticking your fingers in your ears, not honesty is the best policy here. ](*,)

So, it seems the clique :grouphug: has taken 21quests side and would be waste of my time replying anymore, constantly correcting all posts about me. #-o

Good luck with the site, :cry:
Far better thing to do, :drink:

Andy devil :riding:

P.s Ben- "just because your paranoid does'nt mean they not out to get you" :wink:

:stupid:

Wellbe
29-11-05, 12:44 PM
I think that last post has got to be the most comprehensive use of emoticons in one post I've ever seen.

Andy, pity about the rough introduction. Solution: :kiss: and make up...

Oh, and btw, signature plaguerism is frowned upon... :wink:

Saint Matt
29-11-05, 07:50 PM
PM sent, I'll take them. I hope you lot haven't scared him off, I want it.

northwind
29-11-05, 09:44 PM
2. When selling somthing its always best to advertise in as many locations as possible, hense the post here and the ebay listing (which i have never hidden) to gain maximum amount of coverage. The ebay listing also states that i reserve the right to end early as advertised else where (here). And thats what would have happened had the sale been compleated. :-$

It's a breach of Ebay terms, pure and simple. Lots of people think it's the perfect opt-out but it's no such thing, you're breaching Ebay terms as much as you would be if you let it run its course then refused to sell at the final price. So, dishonest. Just becaues it's widespread abuse doesn't make it right.

Saint Matt
02-12-05, 10:35 PM
Sold and fitted 8) Cheers Andy.

Andy13_uk
02-12-05, 11:38 PM
got any pics?

northwind
03-12-05, 12:29 AM
It'll look a bit like this...
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/northwind-frombehind.jpg

Matt, when are you rejetting? :)

Saint Matt
03-12-05, 02:56 PM
I shall rejet next spring I think, unless it is going to do the bike harm. I shall post pics in a sec, just posting another topic flogging the Viper can :)

Saint Matt
03-12-05, 03:02 PM
And nah northwind, mine's not a high level, thank god :P How hard was the can to make stubby? I like the look of it!

northwind
03-12-05, 07:36 PM
If you've got a stock filter, you should get away with it... Got the 5000 rpm stumble? (ride constantly at 5-6000 rpm, then crack the throttle open, I suspect it'll stumble before it pulls) If you've got an aftermarket filter, I'd put the standard one back in until you jet it if I were you.

As for the shortening, it was both surprisingly easy and incredibly frustrating. It's fairly thin titanium on the sleeve so it cuts quite easily, but you can't grind it down as you would steel- to get a good edge you need to get a good cut first time, or file by hand. Or do lots of short bouts of grinding. Lots of sparks :) The ti heats up far faster than steel or aluminium, and it can discoulour if you're not careful. It also work and heat hardens, just to make things entertaining.

You could cut it down pretty easily if you're at all handy with a grinder. You could do it with hand tools too, but you'd use blades up like obody's business. But I made it harder for myself than I had to, because I also took about 1cm off the other end to remove the rivet holes- mine's dispensed with the straps and each end has 2 rivets instead of the usual 6. And cutting off that 1cm was a beast of a job, because the part I was removing kept on bending down instead of cutting, once it was thin. I also singed the logo a bit, which was annoying.

Still, I reckon it's worth it, for the sound alone- much deeper but also smoother. Sounds like a really loud noise far away, if you know what i mean? Bit louder too :) It makes it a bit less restrictive too- there's a wee lip on the end of the exit pipe that I cut off. Looks a bit tidier too. But then, I'm really, really picky.

Saint Matt
03-12-05, 07:45 PM
I don't know about the 5k stumble, with it being restricted I am hardly ever there. I just want to make sure my engine isnt at risk tbh, not after power gains really, although a dyno figure would increase tart factor, gonna have to wait 18 motnhs for that though :( I wouldn't mind a BMC filter, I have heard they are quite good, and it would be nice to have a snarl from the front of the engine to compliment the rear :D