PDA

View Full Version : SV Eccose & NW200

scooby2102
03-12-05, 03:01 PM
Hi folks, any chance you guys can advise of reasonable digs for the NW200 in May, havin real difficulty bookin as most places are fully booked

Dont mind camping either

Where;s best to go,Coleraine/Portrush/Porststewart/Bushmills etc

Coleraine looks a lively place :P

Also, any chance of meetin up with some of yourselves for some "swally" & "craic"

Sharpy
03-12-05, 03:53 PM
Depends what ur lookin m8. Dont expect anything quiet as Portstewart, Portrush and Coleraine will all be absolutely packed over the NW weekend.

As for accom id expect it to all be booked out already so your best bet is staying outside the area and driving up in the morning or bringing a tent and hitting either the official campsite (usually they provide transport on race day to/from the circuit) or one of the many "unofficial" campsites which will range from someones front garden to a random field lol

Personally i prefer one of the unofficial sites between Portrush/Portsewart as i think portstewart has a much better atmosphere on the Fri/Sat night with a better selection of bars.

jim@55
13-01-06, 05:40 PM
weve (scooby and i) booked up -laurel farm just outside ballymena, just off a26>b53 and down a farm road.good parking (in the guys garage ) and only 20 quid a night .its a bit further away from portrush /colerain than i would have thought of ,but it looks the biz.anyone know the area ,how long to get to 'where its at' .iv not been in n.i b4 so any thoughts ,cheers :wink:

kevin harte
10-02-06, 04:53 PM
well man
we always camp out for the nw weekend
there is a great spot
between york corner and portstewart up on hill overlooking the sea
been staying here this last 4 years
every year so far there has been a nice crowd of people camping there

jim@55
10-02-06, 05:38 PM
yeah we were thinking about the camping route ,but werent sure that we would be able to.cos everywhere seemed full (im talking about official campsites here)and not having knowledge of the area(its my first time going over)didnt want to chance it ,we got booked up for b+b and took what we could get ,maybe we'll find a btr place over there but you live and learn . we'll b looking for sv's so may stumble on your 'campsite' :wink:

GC-SV
10-02-06, 08:42 PM
Ballymena to Portrush is around 30 minutes away if my memory serves me well.
Probably a bit quicker on the bike but look out for speed cops they ALWAYS are on all roads leading into Porrush.

If you do decide to cancel accomodation and camp, just arrive in Portrush and head along the coast road towards Portstewart. You will be able to pitch up where you see tents, theres always room for 1 more.

If you head from Ballymena direction you have a choice of Portrush (pubs, eating, amusements), Portstewart (pubs, eating). Portrush being the best of the 2 IMO.
Just park up and dander to the nearest viewing point (Metropole corner) from there you can make your way (on foot, following the rather hazardous coastal path) to the paddock. Stopping along the way to catch a race at a time.

Hope you enjoy it.

jim@55
11-02-06, 12:03 PM
thanks for any advice guys :wink: (guyess's ,is that a new word?)will look u out when we come to ur fair shores and maybe get some local knowledge. 8)

yvo6
13-02-06, 01:51 AM
there is a great spot
between york corner and portstewart up on hill overlooking the sea

http://www.coleraineanddistrictmc.co.uk/nw200/map.htm

circuit map here - it will give you guys an overview

It is a great weekend and hopefully good weather this year. Last year on Race Day we had the 4 seasons in one day. Rain - hail - thunder and lightening then great sunshine.