PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland to France by bike

morty
21-12-05, 03:18 PM
Hello,

My girlfriends parents have booked a villa in Spain for 3 weeks in April, so im contemplating riding down on the bike to meet them. Whats the best way to get to France? Over to Scotland and down through England or down through Ireland and go straight to France from Cork? Could get the boat straight to Spain but I think its something stupid like 24hrs while Cork to France is 12hrs.

At the minute its still only an idea, im not evening sure where the villa is :roll: . Im thinking of taking the ZX6R, though its hardly the bike for this sort of jounrey, and ive never travelled in Europe so it could be an intresting experience :shock: .

Thanks for any help,

morty

yvo6
21-12-05, 06:45 PM
Hello,

My girlfriends parents have booked a villa in Spain for 3 weeks in April,

morty

Awww Morty - and there was me thinking you were about to invite all of us down to a villa in Spain for 3 weeks! :wink:

Have fun big guy

yvo x

daddy_sperm
11-03-06, 08:18 AM
I have been looking into this as well..

Cork to Spain is about 50hrs. Dublin to hollyhead, dover to calais return for about £115 for bike & 1. passenger not much more I am sure.

its a further 650+ miles depending on route to the spanish border.

My sis lives near Malaga (South Spain), I worked out it as around 1300miles each way.

So allow for tyre change if budgeting.

I was thinking about going to south france as thats where the best roads are.

hth

midulster
21-04-06, 11:21 AM
cookstown council is organising a bike run to france in may. it's to it's twinned town. aparently some of the costs will be covered by the council, so it should prove to be a cheap trip.

trickywoos
23-05-06, 08:31 PM
Hey

my folks have a b&b in southern france- perpignan, on the spanish border.

they're bikers, the place is biker friendly, and they can advise on some awesome roads!!!

http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk

Tell them u r from the SV site! :wink:

Also, get in touch with scobysv via pm, he did ireland to spain on the sv thou.

morty
24-05-06, 06:13 PM
Thanks tricky, I will look their place up if I make it that far south. Definately want to go see the Millau Viaduct. Once I get as far as that I might head over towards the Spainish border, depends how much time I have.

Cheers,

Paul