PDA

View Full Version : HJC lids and their 'top' end lid.

Freeloader
16-01-06, 06:08 PM
Bloke on ebay selling FG-14 lids for about 80 quid a pop which look very similar to the AC range of helmets and appear to have a similar spec. The seller claim them to be 'top of the range'.

I can find no information on this helmet on the HJC website and wonder if its old stock or where it should appear in the range. Is it just a cheap helmet with fancy venting?

Cheers
Joe

Peter Henry
16-01-06, 06:28 PM
Why not try asking on svrider? the American boys will help you out with that I am sure. HJC are very popular over there. :wink:

kjames
16-01-06, 09:04 PM
i think i only about £119 FOR MY AC11... I know its more the £80 a pop but by the time you've paid postage and found it doesnt fit :? and they had a slightly lesser spec one for £99 (infinity)

btw. not 100% convinced by the AC11... fantastic helmet in the dry, very comfortable and feels very secure. but any serious amount of rain and it pours down the inside of the visor and anti fog coating gives up the ghost in very cold weather and creates what can only be described as super fog... cos it can't be wiped off easily.

all that said...would probably buy another one.

hope that helps

k

donniej
03-03-06, 09:39 PM
I've never heard of a FG series HJC and I've been a HJC fan for years.

I think they're CL series are great helmets at a great price! I'm on my 3rd now (due to crashes) and my head still works the same as before!! :lol:

cjb
04-03-06, 08:53 AM
Ive got a HJC fg 14 chrome so far its been pretty good (not used in rain though)
I paid just over £100 from Oxford.

Samnooshka
23-03-06, 07:07 PM
One piece of advice... never buy lids over the internet, you don't know exactly where they came from, and you can't guarentee that they wont be dropped or knocked about in transit. Also you are never certain of the fit until you get it. As mentioned previously by the time you get it, and paid postage you might as well have spent your time and money getting fitted out properly at a dealers.

They will also answer any questions you may have, and if they are any good will tell you whether the helmet is a good fit for you or not.

Another piece of advice... buy cheap buy twice!!

As for the HJC they are great lids the FG-14 in particular is a fantastic helmet with comfortable linings and a "fog free" visor. It should also come with a mask that sits in the front of the helmet (obviously). If you wait a little longer they are bringing out new designs in all the models and a new model made from carbon, retailing at about £250 (not gospel as no actual price given yet). But it is "supposedly" meant to rival arai in the acu approved tests. For the money you pay for an HJC you will not be dissapointed.

scWirral
02-04-06, 10:30 PM
was in J&S Northwich today and had a good luck at the FG-14 lids. They are a composite layup like the AC series, and feel like they are about the same weight. The most noticable difference is in the ventilation. The AC lid has a number of large vents which are missing on the cheaper lid.

Anyway, I had been thinking about getting myself a new lid, but J&S were selling the FG for £139 and I new I had seen them advertised for £99 in RiDE. I don't like trying stuff on in a shop and then ordering via the net from someone else, but if a big outlet like J&S are this far from matching price then I don't feel too bad about it. Plus the internet supplier mickbyrne.co.uk send the lid with a free race visor. Anyway, I did support J&S by buying some new gloves while I was there.......

just found this info...
http://www.mcleodaccessories.com.au/cat/hjc_pdf/hjc_fg14.pdf

scWirral
04-04-06, 09:24 PM
http://www.mickbyrne.com/_shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=70_21_23&products_id=231

Have just had a new FG-14 delivered from mickbyrne.com

Wanted to give them a plug. Great price. OK so the visor is a red iridium which I would say in most light looks pink, but they are listed on ebay at £29.99 so I suppose I shouldn't moan.

I was v impressed by the service and communication. I placed my order late Sunday night, had a confirmation email that night, notification of dispatch Monday and it arrived at work Tuesday morning. Not bad.

I have sent an email to the company telling them I am v impressed. I have also suggested a possible deal for sv650.org peeps, maybe free postage or something.

Will add some thoughts about the lid once I have done a few miles in it.

Cheers
Simon

Cloggsy
04-04-06, 10:13 PM
I have also suggested a possible deal for sv650.org peeps, maybe free postage or something.

Always worthwhile :!: :wink: =D>