PDA

View Full Version : boots

russg
02-02-06, 08:33 PM
:D :D :D

hi folks i have decided to buy some motorcycle boots so far i have just used timberland boots but there pretty much ruined.

can any one recomend some boots i dont have the thickest legs (there more like chicken legs to be honest :( :D ) anyway i have a budget of 100ish so are there any decent boots that would fit me

i like the look of sidi boots but would they fit me decent

thanks in advance

russell :D :D :D
________
BDSM DUNGEON (http://www.****tube.com/categories/233/dungeon/videos/1)

Stormspiel
03-02-06, 09:57 AM
Spidi XPD XP5's

I'm a flyweight myself and these are pretty snug with leathers tucked in but aren't flapping about if i wear them under jeans. the have calf & ankle sliders, titanium toe sliders and plastic shin guard. the heel is very flexible and i regularly wear them all day at college without getting sore feet.

http://www.road.com.tw/images/products/xp5-1.jpg

I've got the black ones 8) [/img]

Red ones
03-02-06, 10:02 AM
I wear Dainese b.b.b D-Dry Boots

Really comfortable and warm - never get cold feet and only £99.99

Visit Bike Stop (http://www.bikestop.co.uk/detail.php?id=907)

thor
03-02-06, 10:13 AM
Sidi's seem reasonably thin, centainly thinner than my oxtars around the calf.

I have a pair of sidi black rains for winter/wet, and Oxtar Evo Rxs for summer. Had I known, I would have skipped the sidis and bought either the sidi water proof vertebre ones or the equivalent oxtars. Basically, both have a sort of plastic hinge system that supposedly stops you from breaking your ankles when you fall off. I'm a big fan of all the protection I can get. Neither are cheap, but both should last well. And they look good!

quikstu
03-02-06, 10:16 AM
Oxtars every time. The gore-tex ones are the business.

Caddy2000
15-02-06, 01:51 PM
Alpinestar SP3 - got 'em online for less than £120

Survived a 40mph T bone with some slight scuffing and they are really comfortable

TC3
15-02-06, 05:47 PM
I have sidi black rains and they are comfy to wear for long lengths of time and have been water proof up to now

Cumfy
17-02-06, 02:44 PM
Agree with TC3, the sidi black rains do the job just fine and are good when it starts tipping it down :)

russg
18-02-06, 01:01 PM
thanks guys for all the info i bought oxtar boots very comfy waterproof etc really good boots

cheers :D :D :D
________
Bmw M2B15 History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M2B15)

SVeeedy Gonzales
18-02-06, 08:34 PM
I love my Sidi's - black rains, done about 15,000 miles including 5 offs :oops: one of which was at least 70mph. The toes are a bit worn and scuffed but they're still perfectly good, waterproof and warm. They look tatty but they still do the job... won't bother looking at anything else for the money.

northwind
19-02-06, 11:21 PM
I got Sidi Vertebra II Tepors instead of the Black Rains- they've got the same waterproof constructin, but they're armoured like the Vertebras. Bought them from a German site, FC-Moto.de (IIRC) and they came in at £110 inc postage. Better (IMO) and cheaper than the Black Rains.

Having seen how boots can tear up in a crash, I doubt the Black Rains ability to survive a slide. Not to protect, you understand, but to actually remain wearable and waterproof afterwards. My other Vertebra IIs, which are my summer boots, have been crashed at speed twice, and at lower speed another two times, and the toe sliders have taken an absolute beating- but the fabric of the boot itself is completely intact (well, the sole tore off a bit last time, but I just had it reattached)

Black Rains, on the other hand, would have been sliding on the actual fabric, rather than the hard plastic- and since I ground off about 5mm from each side, i reckon that would leavbe the boots looking very sorry.

I do like Vertebra IIs ;) Having said that... The Tepor waterproofing is notoriously suspect, on all the Sidi range- these, Black Rains, and Way Tepors- and they're not particularily warm (though I think they might be warm enough to be horrible in summer)

kazglasgow
24-02-06, 06:24 PM
Hello folks,

Sidi Black Rain. Use them for commute everyday.Comty enough No leaks even when torrential. Warm as well. Don't squeak.

Alpinestar SMX+ . General hooning .Not at all water resistant (toe sliders). Proper protection tho', and a ratchet system for the top of the calves. Super comfy and warm. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak.