PDA

View Full Version : Have Derby County Turned the Corner ?

Well Oiled
02-02-06, 08:44 PM
Went to the game (DC vs Sheff Utd) last night. Considering the fact that they's been given a good thrashing the two previous weeks, and are currently without manager, they played their hearts out and were really unlucky to come off wihout the points. I reckon that now they've got of that dead loss of a manager, and got some new blood in, they will climb far enough up the table to be safe.

They should have got something out of the game last night - man sent off thanks to Neil :toss: Warnocke having a right tantrum in front of the ref.

The prefromance was definitely something to build on, we'll just have to see what they can do on Saturday at Southampton. Next big test - Leed at Pride Park Sat. week. Looking forward to that one.

Cheers Keith

Rog
02-02-06, 09:51 PM
Well Im a Forest Fan and I dont want to see you do what we have done. I hate to see any East midlands club struggling and wouldnt wish our situation on anyone (even Derby) :lol:

So I hope you get things sorted and stay up a long with Leicester. I just hope we are back there next year :cry:

derbybiker
02-02-06, 11:22 PM
trouble is Keith we still have 3 people in overall charge who have a 'business plan' that they must think is working. While they are in charge I don't think we will see any real improvement in fortunes. They will want to continue with everything on the cheap (apart from their expenses and the like).

If we get a manager with some experience this time we may get lucky, like Jim Smith did, and get promoted but if we manage to stay up this year I think we will be hanging around in this division for quite a while until the finances get sorted.

Well Oiled
02-02-06, 11:38 PM
Do ya reckon they'll declare the club bankrupt if they get to mid table? Seems the obvious way out as long as they can afford to have 10 points docked.

Big crowd protesting last night - did you go to the game? Afterwards they were howling for blood (not just Warnocke's).

I hope Forest get promoted - want to play them next year !!

Well Oiled
02-02-06, 11:42 PM
Do ya reckon they'll declare the club bankrupt if they get to mid table? Seems the obvious way out as long as they can afford to have 10 points docked.

Big crowd protesting last night - did you go to the game? Afterwards they were howling for blood (not just Warnock's).

Warnock: "I don't think it was a red card but there was no way Michael could get the ball where he was." Funny - from where I was sat he took the ball. :toss:

I hope Forest get promoted - want to play them next year !!

mysteryjimbo
03-02-06, 11:35 AM
Football???? Pah :roll:

:lol:

Saint Matt
03-02-06, 11:18 PM
Football???? Pah :roll:

:lol:

Amen to that! Bunch of nancy boys crying when they fall over, and they always seem to grab their face/head, even when they have been kicked in the leg/spuds. :roll:

bobbydazzler
05-02-06, 02:53 AM
the reds need a good kick up the bum and so does megson. the results have been awful. hopefuly see derby next season. one way or another :D

Well Oiled
05-02-06, 12:41 PM
the reds need a good kick up the bum and so does megson. the results have been awful. hopefuly see derby next season. one way or another :D

Hopefully not the other :P