PDA

View Full Version : Fancy new map thingy..........

independentphoto
06-02-06, 06:16 PM
......come on lads and lassies. Add your location onto the new "users map" feature. It can be done from within your profile, and there is a feature to check the coordinates for you. Just enter your postcode. Good fun that!

Garry :wink:

kazglasgow
11-02-06, 03:58 PM
Hello Garry,

Checked it out and the lack of response may due to folks concern over security of there pride and joy. That is my worry too, although quite a cool idea I am just too paranoid in giving out that level of detail on the whereabouts of my bike.
You can pin point visually the exact house using Google Earth. Not willing to give any thieving bastid that little extra knowledge. Its the big bad city here!
Not judging any posters on here by these comments and look forward to meeting up with a lot of you in the coming months. :)

Andy (Paranoid Android :shock: )

Jelster
11-02-06, 06:10 PM
Well you don't have to be that accurate... Mines a few hundred metres from my place., and not on my road. It's a good way of letting somebody know where you are in the country, not exactly where you live...

haggis
12-02-06, 01:34 PM
Aye, exactly. Put in your postcode and then alter your location to within say 20 miles.

Have a bit of fun with it like I did. Check my location according the map. I invite all thieves to my humble rocky outcrop for a testride. Just kindy leave a polite note saying you managed to locate the bike and have taken it, otherwise I'll be trawling the seabed all weekend thinking it was washed out in a storm.

I can't say the road surface is up to much and there is a distinct lack of petrol stations, long straights, twisties and car parks for burnouts and stoppie competitons with your fellow thieving scum mates. I'll be waiting. You'll recognise me by the menacing look and shinty caman* at the ready.

*Shinty is this (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/g.lennox/shinty/0605/06052492.jpg) or this. (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/g.lennox/shinty/0605/06052469.jpg)

northwind
12-02-06, 02:39 PM
I'm not looking at the shinty pictures, they're going to be shots of mulitalted post-match corpses aren't they? "Shinty: Hockey for masochists" TM

carelesschucca
12-02-06, 08:36 PM
I've put my marker at a road I sorta like... I'd never put the marker on my house thats for sure... having said that if anyone wants to steal my bike their welcome, I could go out and buy something new!!! LOL!!!

independentphoto
12-02-06, 11:50 PM
Thought you lot might be paranoid....... My machine lives elsewhere too! If they want to find the bike here, they can come looking.

Just adjust the location a bit it's good to see where you all are. How's the water temperature there Haggis? I did notice the naught mislocation in your info. Same with you Chucca! (Nice to see they finally resurface Stirling Road :D ) I know you're AWOL at the mo - did you plot where you WISH you were?

Come on guys- let's have a ROUGH location at least to see the distibution of bods. Please?

Cheers,

Garry :wink:

kazglasgow
14-02-06, 05:16 PM
............gives in to peer pressure and

REALITY! :lol: :wink:

Cumfy
23-02-06, 06:11 PM
I'd love to see some one come to my location to nick a bike :twisted: . My machine is the one sitting behind the squad cars and paddy wagon next to the cells :wink:

setanta
23-02-06, 11:49 PM
I'd love to see some one come to my location to nick a bike :twisted: . My machine is the one sitting behind the squad cars and paddy wagon next to the cells :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Challenge for me :twisted: