PDA

View Full Version : Motosliders bungs

Jase22
10-02-06, 11:26 AM
Bought a set of these for me and my dad, cheap as chips at £95 for the pair including shipping from the US!

The old geezer was unfortunate enough to provide a testing platform for them, and they seem to have held out well in his low speed high-side (probably about 20-25mph). Think he gave it too much gas, slipped the rear end then it gripped, fish tailed and chucked him off.

Anyway, the right hand side bung (seems that it's always the right!) held up well, it's obviously scratched, but didn't snap off or anything silly. The only thing that did happen was the bolt came loose, which was down to our fault. We assumed that being a nylock nut, you wouldn't need to loctite them, but evidently you do. :D

Damage was very limited, bit of a scratched can and bar end, and also snapped the foot peg hanger. Guess that's pretty much expected though.

All in all they get a :thumbsup: Thought I'd share since I think some of you have bought some of these bungs recently?

northwind
19-02-06, 11:12 PM
Nice to hear. These have been rigorously crash-tested by the SV Rider gang too ;)

donniej
03-03-06, 09:28 PM
Nice to hear. These have been rigorously crash-tested by the SV Rider gang too ;)

Yes they have.... and oddly enough my bike stopped falling over after I put them on :lol:

northwind
03-03-06, 09:50 PM
Didn't know you were a member on here Donnie... Or maybe I did, and forgot ;)