PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill schedule... It's that time again!

northwind
20-02-06, 04:09 PM
http://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/schedule.php

First bike morning is April 8th- 3 groups, so we can all hide in the novice group. £55, 4 hours. First evening is the 28th of April.

There's also a novice course on the 18th of April, and an intermediate course on the 4th of May- or advanced courses with Niall Mac, though there's no dates confirmed yet. Last one in the gravel trap's a rotten egg!

kazglasgow
21-02-06, 08:13 PM
Hello folks,

Ah, Knockhill Track Days!

Used to be £25 for a day! :?

What times do you get with the 650?

Back when i was flush :) fast 8) and foolish :roll: Persuaded my Divvy to a 1:07 the BROS650 1:05 and the Firestorm 1:03.

Most fun was the first two. VTR was too much for me and I am sure I was much slower in the corners but made up the time on the straights whereas the other two with proper tyres you could really thrash.Infinitely more fun.

The SV sounds ideal for there, hmmm :lol:

Andy

northwind
21-02-06, 09:26 PM
Don't actually know to be honest. Last time I was up I was timing myself for the first few sessions (using my high-precision Motrax Little Ben!) 1:10s when the track was wet, but I stopped checking as it dried out- I knew I'd crash if I was trying to beat the clock. Then I crashed anyway ;)

Anyone remember what we were doing on that evening, year before last?

kazglasgow
21-02-06, 10:32 PM
Where did you go "grass cutting"?

Nil point for the hairpin! :lol:

northwind
21-02-06, 11:08 PM
On the way into the hairpin, funnily enough ;) Never got there, though the bike did. Just wandered into a wet spot on heavy braking (I was trying to catch a guy on a 400-class race bike :roll:) and locked the front- unlocked it a moment too late and the bike stood right back up and threw me over the other side- a sort of front end highside. Fast, but gentle ;)

northwind
21-02-06, 11:13 PM
Anyway, that's enough about crashing- who's going? I reckon I'll be doing one of the April ones and might do the intermediate bike course- having spoken to them it's not really all that intermediate, more post-beginner, which is fine by me.

Scooby Drew
22-02-06, 08:52 AM
I might give it a go :lol: Will NOT be throwing my bike down the track... :lol: :lol:

Halonic
22-02-06, 11:13 AM
ok ok, has anyone noticed... 15th / 16th July is BSB, but but but

17th is a full day track day

Whats that I hear? could that be evil temptation rumbling in the distance?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous
22-02-06, 05:10 PM
think june sounds good. may even be dry :lol:

northwind
22-02-06, 05:23 PM
29th of May is the first Niall Mackenzie advanced school... They reckon that most people signing up for that have done a couple of trackdays, but not as advanced as you might think. She recommended it to me over the intermediate one ;) Not sure about that! It's the bank holiday monday. Not at all cheap, it hs to be said.

setanta
24-02-06, 12:07 AM
think june sounds good. may even be dry :lol:

Does sound good, how does the insurance thingy work :?:
Cant afford to crash and pay :(

northwind
24-02-06, 05:02 PM
I lookedinto the insurance, but it's hard to justify for an SV- high excess and it doesn't cover fairings. So basically, unless you destroy the frame it's practically worthless- there's very little on an SV you can't fix for £500 other than that, discounting the fairings.