PDA

View Full Version : Best Suzuki Dealership - West Coast

DaBlackKnight
20-02-06, 06:35 PM
Anyone recommend a GOOD suzuki dealer ship that:

A: Are not Intersted in the conents of your wallet and actualy help you chose and test a bike before buying and show an interest in you...
(that rules out Cuper MC)

B: Give you good aftersales services once the money is in their pocket, thats including both servicing and sales department....
(that rules out Cuper MC)

C: LISTEN to the customer when he puts the bike in for service...
(that rules out Irvine MC)

D: When your bike brakes down and gets dropped off by an AA van, the service department actuly look at your bike, on the SAME day to tell you whats wrong with it, how long it will take to fix and how much it will cost...not 2 weeks later in the middle of october, not exactly a busy time for them....
(that DEFF rules out Irvine MC)

The worst dealings and most unfriendly attitude have been at Cupar and Irvine Suzuki...
My cars a suzuki ignis 4grip which i bought new at Pearson in wemsybay...they are great, fun, easy going nice people in every department! Bought 2 cars there cause i get a great service, disscounts etc....
thats the kind of service i expected when i bought a bike as the "bikers" of the world all understand about having a bike, the life etc...

So anyone recommend a good Suzuki dealership that might not repeat the above?
Prob the next in line will be glasgows Suzuki...
so withthem being my last chance with in a 30 mile radius...is it
"Glasgow my hero's" or...
"bye bye suzuki"

such a dispointing state of affairs when the sv650s is a cracking bike, shame about the people the dealerships employee

Must be my long hair that activates the azzz hole switch in their heads...

Quedos
20-02-06, 08:46 PM
Have to ask - if the service was that dire did you at anytime complain???

I've found that to test a bike no matter where you go these days if nigh on impossible due to excessive insurance cost - especially if you are new biker.

If you are as disgruntled as you seem try another franchise.

Having dealt with a few Cupar seems to be the best with West Coast coming way down the list - but maybe coz i'm a girl and we ain't meant to ride bikes are we?? :wink:

DaBlackKnight
20-02-06, 09:34 PM
is the glasgow store worth trying out after the failed attempts of irvine and cuper?

complained each time and told them thats how you lose customers and as such, not gone back there to either of the dealerships...

I am great at getting test rides, just at cuper there was a rather ignoramus; mid 30-40 guy with a hair into the bone that had no time for anyone at all, not just me..."want to know about the bike...read the brochure, i'm busy..."
he lost the sale off me.....was the old chap i got....he was nicer...but as soon as i signed on the dotted lines..that was it...grey mist.....get out my office now...stop wasting my time kinda attitude when it was my 1st time buying a bike, so i wanted to take things slow and make sure everything was 100% ok before walking out with an empty wallet.....but he just wanted to get out and make another sale....my auntie was not to pleased with him and pulled him up about it......
also...booked a bike there and then for when the bike went in for its 1st service...."you will get an sv650s.gixer or fazer"
i tunred up 2 weeks later tp get its service and get all the other bits and bobs fitted that they never had for me picking up the bike........dropped off bike.....asked for my loan bike.....the serivce guys looked at me like i had three heads......they said " we do not give out loan bikes, its not in our practise" after me booking one when i bought the bike......as what am i going to do in cupar for half a day!

they then dumped me with a er500 that was FAR from road legal....square tires.....rusting to death.....a crack in the frame.....
then phoned them to say is that my bike done cause they said it would take them to lunch time to get the bike sorted............
got put though to the servcing dept........my bike is not even been worked on yet....it will be the end of the day the guy says....you have to book your sevice in advance.....i said ...I DID...2 weeks ago when i biught the bike......they then also say over the phone that parts that they were gona fit were not delievired yet....but the guy on the phone the following day said all was in and ready....

eventualy got my bike just before 4:30pm....after me going though early so they would work on it 1st....as i love ridding home in the dark in late winter.....
at this point i was ragging.....my auntie was more ragging.....went into the serice area and grabbed the head mechanic person......
long story short......i got my scotoiler, hugger (that wasn't in stock but managed to find a spare one anways) and fenda exteda all for free, as by the time the guy gave me them......we just left after that..was not going itno to pay for them or their service!!.....

thats the reason why i never went back to cuper....also sent them a letter.....but got nothing back from them.......AZZZ HOLLES!!!

also

my relatives as well who live on the east coast have got nothing but bad things to say about them as well, thats why they never bought the new gsxr 750 when it came out....the guys where just azz holes...they were acting like they didn't need to sell bikes....it was like we were not good enough to buy a bike off them...even when ordering parts up off them for helmets or cleaning etc...they just don't seem interested at all and anything you ask them to do is a burden....

so god knows how cuper came 1st...cause anyone i talk to thats friends with my relatives or me have had a terrible time with them!!!
i hope the place goes to hell!!!

:twisted: DBK :twisted: curse you Cuper MC!!!!!

svracers
20-02-06, 11:30 PM
well i can honestly say ive been to alot of dealerships in my time. Glasgow suzuki is awful. very rude staff and quite unhelpful, cupar is okay but cannot match west coast suzukis prices IMO
If you go to west coast they are very friendly and more than happy to give you a test ride in whatever you are looking for. Ask for STEVE for guaranteed good service. andrew

independentphoto
20-02-06, 11:50 PM
Visited West Coast when getting quoted for a SK5 and got a not bad price. Guys were very friendly too. Visited Jim Allan in Falkirk after recommendation and got an even better price with all the extras - a mate swears by them.

Visited Cupar to get a price and
1) they matched my best price,
2) spent ages going through everything for the order,
3) took loads of time when I picked her up
4) booked the service (I watched it go in the service diary)
5) gave me discount on a double bubble AFTER the sale (that had to be ordered in)

Haven't really had any real problems there. It's a nice ride up too come service time.

Garry

DaBlackKnight
21-02-06, 08:54 AM
give glasgow a miss then...lol

i got my sv650s off cupar for 3995....brand new.......thats why i got it there....
just a long way to travel to get the my bike serviced....and not really up for travelling back through there after treatment i got last time!

falkirk not to far from my lady friends house.....mite try them then...

kazglasgow
21-02-06, 02:24 PM
Take both my Suzis to Cupar cos they have always given a "correct"service , wee bits of grease here, copaslip there..... things have been touched and FEEL different that are on the sevice sheet. No probs in 4yrs.
You got an er-5....... must like you, I once got a GS500 :cry: ...gag!

West Coast (Irvine), brilliant job on MOT and removing a seized header bolt when a certain glasgow Suzuki dealer wanted £300+ just to take the engine out before getting to the header problem! Is there an easier engine to work on than an air-cooled GSX? Wasted a day off work before a could get an estimate off em.

Irvine bloke, sucks in his cheeks and says," Need to take mudguard off and maybe move the oil-cooler :? " Hello, my new best friend. :wink:

There is s**t in every shop. I have been burnt in one way or another by every Glasgow shop( highwayman prices/ woeful servicing). Found the two mentioned above and been happy so far.

Sounds like you did the right thing up there, and i hope you find someone that looks after you, trial and error .

Car dealers.? :lol: :lol:

svracers
21-02-06, 07:51 PM
yeah too right there is always good and bad in all places i suppose. i used to work in a glasgow car garage as a car salesman and could tell u guys many stories. Our dealership was actually very good (small and family run) but the bigger groups like Arnold Shark couldnt give a toss as soon as they had ure money. andrew

northwind
22-02-06, 12:11 AM
Not exactly handy, but Alvins in Edinburgh do great work. They've got a wee bit of a rep for stretching their labour costs a bit, but frankly them and 2 Wheels are the only dealers I've had servicing done at where I couldn't instantly find fault. Alan Duffus leave partially dismantled bikes to lie in the street, and do shonky work sometimes, and Carricks are the perfect blend of criminal and incompetent. Two Wheels are good (but expensive) but their service and parts department is really too small for the business.

Alvins get my money, when I need something done by the pros. When I took them my completely ****ed 125, they were absolute stars- charged exactly to the cost sheet for the parts but they undercharged on labour by hundreds, no messing. Their actual phone service is prety crap- you can be left totaly out of touch sometimes- but that's par for the course.

Mark One in Edinburgh have a good rep too, never used them though.

With most dealers, I reckon it's important to make sure they know straight away that you're not clueless- if you drop off a bike "This wants serviced, see ya" then I reckon you're far more likely to be billed for unneccesary work. If you drop it off and talk about work needing done, ask them about the service etc, they're less likely to chance it.

scooby2102
23-02-06, 01:38 PM
svracers :
but the bigger groups like Arnold Shark :shock: :shock: :shock:

easy tiger, you cant knock success :P

svracers
23-02-06, 07:03 PM
lol soz scoob just quoting alot of my ex customers. :lol:

setanta
23-02-06, 11:47 PM
Got my SV from Cupar, somethings good somethings bad (rem I live in Wick)
Good sales team, helped out with any little alterations (seat) that I needed, price was good, put on fairings and crash bungs for a good price. Got a free tank thingy as well.
Down side had to get someone to deliver the bike for me and I had to pay full price. Reason to grumble on this point is, I know that I can get a bike delivered by a dealer from South of England to my door for £100 less than half of what I paid.

Coil packed in.. under warranty AA took it down and Cupar promised to fix it and get it up to Inverness by end of said week for me to pick up. I was over the moon that I did not have to go all the way down there for it.
They did not have coil in stock(??) ordered it, would take 3--4 days (hmmph), called them up (3 days later)and they still didn't have it in. bike would be ready by middle of next week. F%^& this I thought because parts can be delivered up here the next day. Created a scene on the phone, guess what the bike was ready next morning, fine ....except I had to go down to collect it in person, turned out to be no big deal cause the ride back was fantastic.

Theres more, there is rust on the exhaust, but because the bike fell over (0 speed, slight bend in exhaust) it will not be fixed under warranty. Rust on the yoke guy was totally blind to it couldn't see even when it was pointed out :roll: Its time for a letter to Suzuki with pics.

Wont knock them completely but what I have found is that there are some really good people there and some nasties

Might just take the bike there for its second service to see how I get on, real reason want the run :lol: :lol:

instigator
25-02-06, 02:41 PM
My cars a suzuki ignis 4grip which i bought new at Pearson in wemsybay...they are great, fun, easy going nice people in every department! Bought 2 cars there cause i get a great service, disscounts etc....

Pearsons are a great bunch, never been to a car dealership like it and theyre only 2 minutes down the road from me.

They will change bike tyres on spare wheels for a fiver. :wink:

Just thought I'd come in and say that and leave again until I get another sv. :wink: (soon hopefully)