PDA

View Full Version : Boot recommendations

lee_m
26-02-06, 03:53 PM
Im looking to buy some boots asap,

Ive been looking at these, Sidi Vertigos (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIDI-Vertigo-ALL-COLOURS-BRAND-NEW-MOTORCYCLE-BOOTS_W0QQitemZ4615367827QQcategoryZ18450QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem).

I tried some on a few weeks back and liked them, but its the only pair of boots ive really tried. Ive got around £130 spend and need them pretty quickly, any recommendations?

Cheers

mac
26-02-06, 04:14 PM
I`ve got Sidi Black Rain boots and get on really well with them ( comfortable to wear and walk in, waterproof and not to OTT on the styling ).

SPeeeeDY
27-02-06, 10:02 PM
I have the vertebras at the moment, there about 5 years old and still work perfectly. the sole is a bit worn, but i think that is acceptable considering their age. I have even been offroading in then. (no grip at all in the mud :lol: )

Just remember t keep oiling the 'spine' on the boots, as it squeeks nd drives every one insane! I found cooking oil worked best!

I have tryed the Alpinestar GP's, but i found them to be too bluky, But they are a lot more comfortable. I was told in powersports that the GP range will be stopping soon, so look out for some bargains when the new boot is released!

I am going to be buying a pair of Vertigos this spring, or as soon as i find a pair in black on sale.

Oh yea, if you are a fast rider, get em to chuck a spare pair of toe sliders in 4 u, think there about £15, they are very soft and ware very quickly, but i think all boots are like that

SPeeeeDY

fizzwheel
27-02-06, 11:08 PM
I've got two pairs of Alpinestars SMX3's

One is the Goretex model for winter riding and the other pair are normal ones for summer use.

Both really good and offer IMHO excellent protection and comfort. Personally after comparing them with Sidi Black Rains, I woudlnt ride in black rains, I dont know what they actually are like in a crash but they feel compared to the SMX3's very flimsy and thin. I like the hard external armour on the SMX3's and the fact that they are soft on the inner bit by your ankle which doesnt rough up your heel plates as much as the Black rains did to Liz's heel plates

HTH

donniej
03-03-06, 09:41 PM
I wear the Vertebras on the track and they're great boots, soft comfy leather to!

For the street I wear old Alipnestar MX boots, very functional and very bad-ass looking :twisted:

http://www.hotboots.com/images/lkalpine.jpg

northwind
27-03-06, 11:30 PM
...if you're a nazi interrogator ;)

I don't like the Vertigos much, but I'm a huge fan of the older Vertebra IIs- I own 2 pairs, one Tepor (waterproof) and one standard. They're fantastic, eerything I could want in a boot, and close to indestructible too.

northwind
27-03-06, 11:35 PM
This might be really old news, but Sidi seem to have sneaked the old Vertebras back out under a new name, B-Two. Seema mite expensive for what's basically an old boot compared to the Vertigos, but they're not quite so weird looking :)

Also, there's what seems to be the replacement for the Black Rain Evos, the B-One, which is a waterproof boot without the vertebra system but with toe sliders. I always thought that was the worst part of the Black Rains- one sliing crash and the toes can wear through, makign them close to useless. And they can be had for £110 too.

Just thought I'd mention it, as a Sidi fanboy ;) I won't be buying either though, I like my old ones.