PDA

View Full Version : chrash bumgs

BIKER-DENE
03-03-06, 04:42 PM
has any 1 had any experiance with these?

do they actualy work and stop your plasticks from getting foooked?

Grinch
03-03-06, 04:55 PM
has any 1 had any experiance with these?

do they actualy work and stop your plasticks from getting foooked?

They do... work on most low speed spils upto about 40 mph, maybe more but then I've had no experience, work even when some fool drops your bike off the back of a recovery truck.
Saved me a fortune when I broke my thumb, only had to get new right foot peg, brake leave, brake pedal, and indicator. Rather then, pannels, engine casing, maybe even lights and a tank.

Kate
03-03-06, 05:43 PM
Yes, definitely worth getting them. Personally, I've tested them at 40mph and also 30mph and even when I slid down the road some way, the body work was still fine.

RnGs are the ones to get IMO.

kwak zzr
03-03-06, 05:48 PM
they are like insurance you just feel saver with em. :D

Grinch
03-03-06, 05:49 PM
I always perfured the GSG Moto bugs from http://www.performancemotorcycleparts.com/

socommk23
03-03-06, 07:49 PM
got RnGs!
work a treat!
as for saving plastics!!!! i dunno! fairings are for pencil necked bikers!
lol

Andy13_uk
03-03-06, 08:29 PM
yea R+Gs, they also save it if someone knockes it over while its parked or you drop it while moving it with engine off for example

Great invention :wink:

northwind
03-03-06, 09:29 PM
I'd not be without bungs of some sort- and not cheap rubbish either, you do get what you pay for. I crashed at 70mph on a trackday, picked it up and rode home. Try that without bungs...

Diveboy
04-03-06, 10:24 AM
Chewys seem ok for the money. I have them fitted but not drooped the bike yet :o

northwind
04-03-06, 03:01 PM
I'm not going to knock Chewy's, I've always been impressed by his parts- but his are based on the Suzuki ones, which are diabolical and have been known to break off in 0 mph drops. His are going to be be better for sliding drops, from what he's said, (better lider material, so less likely to grab, and not as long so less leverage stress) but he'd not done anything to address the basic weakness of the design. Or at least, if he has, he hasn't mentioned it- feel free to correct me if you're reading Chewy!

BIKER-DENE
04-03-06, 07:44 PM
how do u fit them? and where abouts on the bike do they fit? and do u have to remove them b4 removing the farings if i had to for any reason?

also got any sites for good ones chea[p ?

:P

thanks
dene :D

chewy22
05-03-06, 02:36 PM
but he'd not done anything to address the basic weakness of the design. Or at least, if he has, he hasn't mentioned it- feel free to correct me if you're reading Chewy!

Correct Mr North. They really need a bar welded to strengthen them between the two mounting points.

The problem is they are not made by Suzuki They are made under licence by a Dutch or I think German company called TCP cant remember the website will look later. I must admit the fittings aren’t as good as my last genuine GSXR lowers.

Another problem is spare parts for them, they seem impossible to get hold of because Suzuki don’t stock any of them and TCP cant be bothered to answer enquires or follow up phone calls.

I make the replacement crash bungs to fit them and I am currently making a batch of the round discs that fit in the same place in black.

Ps was the opening title deliberately typed to be dyslexic.

WEBSITE http://www.tcpholland.com/

BIKER-DENE
05-03-06, 04:52 PM
:o

i was typing fast that's all

if i could be corrected then i was understood 8)

keithd
05-03-06, 07:31 PM
Ps was the opening title deliberately typed to be dyslexic.

the whole thread is littered with spooling mistkes!

outrageous!

carry on