PDA

View Full Version : Best Insurance Company?

DaBlackKnight
06-03-06, 02:32 PM
Easy chat today...

Who is getting the best deal on the sv650s for insurance; with what company?
Who would you recommend?

Grinch
06-03-06, 02:59 PM
its the wrong site really for this sort of poll... plus I've never been on a ER6...
As for my insurance I'm with Express which is ok, though I do have rather alot of crashes to sort!

Viney
06-03-06, 03:10 PM
Easy chat today...

Who is getting the best deal on the sv650s for insurance; with what company?
Who would you recommend?

For the second time today...

EH?

So what you asking? Which is the better bike? What would be the cheapest on insurance?

As for the best insurance company, that is well open to offer. They are all thieving gots at the best of times.

scooby2102
06-03-06, 09:03 PM
sorry guys, 3rd time now today

is it just me or wtf :shock:

confused - me too :P

independentphoto
07-03-06, 12:02 AM
Go on admit it..................

......................................You've been suppin' again 'aven't you? :drink:

Gettin' close to someones holiday time methinks. Reckon you must be practisin'!

:shock:

DaBlackKnight
07-03-06, 09:40 AM
i smoke the wacki stuff at work...night and day..lol

whats confusing...

2 seperate questions in one post...lol

what you guys think is better....the traditional sv650s or the new rival, the er-6f?

then on a totaly diff matter...was asking who has had the best deals on insurance with what company!

:roll:

i had a gig last night and still feeling illl :oops:

Viney
07-03-06, 09:53 AM
i smoke the wacki stuff at work...night and day..lol

whats confusing...

2 seperate questions in one post...lol

what you guys think is better....the traditional sv650s or the new rival, the er-6f?

then on a totaly diff matter...was asking who has had the best deals on insurance with what company!

:roll:

i had a gig last night and still feeling illl :oops:

I like the ER6, its different, but then again, i like the new GSX600 thingy which imho, is closer in looks etc.

As for insurance. There are no such thinsg as good deals. It comes down to when you call, who you call, and your personal circumstances. What is a good company for me, may not be for you, if you get my drift. However, people keep raving on about Ebike insurance.

northwind
07-03-06, 12:17 PM
I'll just advise against CIA, unless you get some pleasure from being ripped off.

scooby2102
07-03-06, 01:39 PM
blacknight, have you tried ebikeinsurance, got mines in nov via them for 150 fully comp on 2years NCB

but maybe thats because I am an old 46 yearold duffer :shock:

ebike also give you basic breakdown in the price

give them a try (if youve not already done so)

Where do you gig, what instrument (guitar maybe as per avatar), if guitar, what kind ?, have got a fender strat american model, nice wee axe if i say so meself, its metallic red with maple neck 8)

instigator
07-03-06, 09:44 PM
I'll just advise against CIA, unless you get some pleasure from being ripped off.

*scratches head*

Elaborate please (since I've been with them for 2 years and they've been the cheapest by far :lol: )

northwind
07-03-06, 09:55 PM
Checlk your small print... They covered me fully comp, specifically to cover modifications- and charged me about double what a fully comp quote not covering the modifications would have been. But then, when they finally got round to sending me the schedule (after 2 months, which btw is a big breach of FSA regs and not a good sign at all) it turned out the mods weren't covered at all, it was purely back to OEM spec. So I was paying for roughly £4000 worth of cover, but only really had about £2000 worth.

So, fair enough, that's just an incompetent mistake exacerbated by a complete disregard for legislation on general insurance products. Anyone could do that :roll: But then, when I demanded a refund, they refused. "Out of your cooling off period". After 2 months, in which time I'd never had the cover I'd been sold, they offered me less than half of the policy value back as a refund. Took 6 weeks of complaints and increasingly severe threats before they backed down and refunded me. Even then they didn't give a full refund- didn't bother me by that time, but I'd have been within my rights to claim frustration of contract and demand a total refund.

The thing is though, the only reason I managed to force it to that even after all that time and effort was the fact that I've worked in the trade, and knew the law far better than them. Throughout the complaints, they constantly lied to me as to what their statutory requirements are, failed to make deadlines, and generally screwed about. They repeatedly told me "No point in going to teh Ombudsman mate, they can't help you"- a blatant lie, no way they were just mistaken- and then "Before they even entertain a claim they charge you £250 non-refundable, not worth it. Here, here's another insulting offer". All complete b***ocks, and again, they knew it. Even once they agreed to a refund it took them a fortnight and they sent a postdated cheque!

So... All's well that ends well, but the terrible attitude, complete lack of professionalism, breach of the law on dozens of occasions, all mean to me that they just can't be trusted. I got screwed around on £600 worth of policy, are you confident you'll not get screwed around on £4000 worth of claim? Their legal side's hopeless, do you trust them to get a settlement from a third party?

Cheap's not all there is to it. I'm with CN now, and while I've never had to claim they at least managed to not commit fraud while selling me the policy.

Rant off :)

setanta
16-03-06, 11:19 AM
Simple
ebike ins :lol: :lol:

Godikus
16-03-06, 11:54 AM
Simple
ebike ins :lol: :lol:

definetly. I'm 23 with 4 years no claims and it's only an extra 400 quid a year for me to insure a hayabusa with my SV tpft. most other companies are after more than 1500 for the busa alone, nevermind less than 900 for both of 'em.