PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Hot Grips

Richie
06-03-06, 06:37 PM
Just bought a pair of these on ebay.
Fitted them today and with a little minor adjustment, they only took an hour to trial fit to see if there were any snagging of cables on the clutch lever/ brake lever & on lock to lock and full to idle throttle opens and to see if the throttle returned to idle without it sticking on the barend.
Once satified, making note of possition of grips, take them off and applyed the Super Glue, replace and wait till the glue set.

easy & clear to follow instructions.

They are a great product.

only wish I bought them at the start of winter 2004.

Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup: well done Oxford products :notworthy:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/50/f8/9c_12_sb.JPG

Richie
09-03-06, 05:10 PM
Just a quick update...

I put a relay on the side light to enigize the main power circuit for the Hotgrips...
That way when the bike ignition is off the Hotgrips are also off.

Saves me from forgeting to turn em off...

and so some nastey young squaddie can't drain my battery down. :wink:

IanG
09-03-06, 07:51 PM
I put a relay on the side light to enigize the main power circuit for the Hotgrips...

:? Thought there was a spare position on the k3 fuse box to put an ignition live
or is the relay option the easiest way to install?

Richie
09-03-06, 10:22 PM

:? Thought there was a spare position on the k3 fuse box to put an ignition live

coudn't "relay" tell ya,

the relay was just an idea my dear old dad gave me, so I thought dad knows best..
but I'll look into it.

cheers
Richie

Richie
13-03-06, 07:44 PM

Looked, the only spare fuse possition are for Spare fuses, no wires connect there.
:cry: Arr well never mind.
if I'd thought about it I would have repossitioned the relay and taken a power supply from the rear light / or numberplate light.

Grinch
15-03-06, 03:13 PM
I've just got a set from www.gear4bikers.co.uk for only £34.99 and they where delivered the next day!

Well chuffed...

thor
15-03-06, 03:17 PM
There is a spare wire slot on the pointy fuse box. You don't need a relay. You can also fit the control box to the left clipon very neatly.

independentphoto
18-04-06, 05:39 PM
For those looking to install HotGrips on a pointy (K3 onwards), there is a fully illustrated guide to acompany the manufacturers instructions HERE (http://www.independentphoto.co.uk/media/sv650/FittingHotGrips.pdf)

Happy To Help :wink:

Garry 8)

Richie
19-04-06, 06:27 AM
For those looking to install HotGrips on a pointy (K3 onwards), there is a fully illustrated guide to acompany the manufacturers instructions HERE (http://www.independentphoto.co.uk/media/sv650/FittingHotGrips.pdf)

Happy To Help :wink:

Garry 8)

Excellant work, why dont you email the link to John (Admin) and he can post it on the How To's page... :thumbsup:

Skip
19-04-06, 07:31 AM
I have just fitted some of these to my SV (curvy) and the instructions were very helpful, perhaps you could do one for the curvy models if someone submitted a picture of where to splice in the power wire? I didnt think to take any pictures when I did mine! :oops:

independentphoto
21-04-06, 04:22 PM
Excellant work, why dont you email the link to John (Admin) and he can post it on the How To's page... :thumbsup:

One of the first things I did mate. I know Johns busy, so he'll link it in at some point.

Garry 8)

noisie
21-12-06, 04:51 PM
Was the guide for the curvy ever completed? I'm picking up a set on Sat and would be very grateful for some guidance.

Cheers!

Skip
21-12-06, 04:55 PM
Its the big orange wire - thats about all I can tell you! :lol:

hovis
02-01-07, 11:48 PM
I have just fitted some of these to my SV (curvy) and the instructions were very helpful, perhaps you could do one for the curvy models if someone submitted a picture of where to splice in the power wire? I didnt think to take any pictures when I did mine! :oops:

good idea :wink: