PDA

View Full Version : Speedway anyone?

northwind
07-03-06, 10:55 PM
Just been talking about speedway in another thread, and realised I've not been out to Armadale for ages... Anyone fancy a wee jaunt through some time for a meet? Edinburgh vs Glasgow in the Spring Cup, April 1st, springs to mind...

If you've never been, you really should. Not for everyone but you've got to try it. That smell... (no, not just the festering stadium at Armadale. Though that plays a a part...)

scooby2102
08-03-06, 12:11 AM
soonds cannae lad, have been thinkin of goin back for a couple of years now

last time I was at speedway was probably about 30 + years ago :shock:

defo need to get back into it, as you say, the smell reminds me most of it, apart from the riders crashing through fences etc and sometimes takin out spectators

ah, they were the days :D

northwind
08-03-06, 12:37 PM
First meet I ever went to, a rider broke his spine and never rode again in the second race. Now that's motorsport :shock:

scooby2102
08-03-06, 01:40 PM
Northy, how come he never did the second race

sounds a bit of a wimp to me :shock:

muzikill
08-03-06, 05:55 PM
Yeah ive been up for this for ages but never metioned it!

spoke to loads of local biker mates - but guess what! - either too boring or too
cant be bothered!

i wonder if they are gonna be at ingliston mcn? - they should as it would give them a bit of publicity -

maybe we should start a thread on this and let people know when its on the telly?
would be good as its almost (all weather) motorsport :)

northwind
08-03-06, 07:35 PM
I reckon it's the only sort of racing that's beter in the flesh than on TV... Just because you can really see it all, whereas if you go to a BSB event or whatever you can't see 9/10 of the race. But that's maybe just me...

carelesschucca
09-03-06, 06:30 PM
I actually like the sound of that... GO TIGERS!!! Its been about 15 years since I was last at a speedway night... i can still smell it all...

northwind
09-03-06, 07:05 PM
How's first of April for people then? Home meet vs Glasgow Tigers... Also May 6th.

carelesschucca
10-03-06, 11:07 AM
It could finish off one of the worst days in my working life... I can feel the fan starting to spin already!!!

scooby2102
10-03-06, 01:55 PM
Northy, yep, I'm up for it, where is it on the 1st April, at Edinburgh or Glasgow ?

carelesschucca
10-03-06, 01:58 PM
Just checking the speedway site

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/main.asp

they don't mention the speedway on the 1st but they do mention the 26th Mar!!!

northwind
10-03-06, 08:27 PM
http://www.edinburghspeedway.com/fixtures.html

1st April is a Spring Trophy match. Whatever that is :) So that's maybe why it's not on the main website. Both of those are at Armadale, been a wqhile since Edinburgh raced in Edinburgh :( I suppose it's not that much different to do a Glasgow meet though is it, really...

carelesschucca
13-03-06, 06:57 PM
i'm as close to Armadale as I am to Glasgow...

SVTONYB
14-03-06, 12:55 AM
ah cant remember it was that long ago but i remember watching the speedway at Albion Rovers football ground

setanta
16-03-06, 11:14 AM
Just been talking about speedway in another thread, and realised I've not been out to Armadale for ages... Anyone fancy a wee jaunt through some time for a meet? Edinburgh vs Glasgow in the Spring Cup, April 1st, springs to mind...

If you've never been, you really should. Not for everyone but you've got to try it. That smell... (no, not just the festering stadium at Armadale. Though that plays a a part...)

Mates been talking about it but he dosnt put his bike on the road until May. Should be about three of us going down sometime 8)