PDA

View Full Version : BMW Motorrad Dalkeith

Scooby Drew
13-03-06, 04:42 PM
BMW Motorrad are opening a branch in Dalkeith and are having an open day 18/03/2006, this Saturday. They sent me an invite, word must have got around that I have started riding sensibly :oops:

I have been to a couple open days with them b4 and it's always fun, they are a good bunch and is well worth turning up just for the craic.

Address is 226 High Street, Dalkeith. Open 9-5

northwind
13-03-06, 04:45 PM
Good stuff, might just happen by. Not that I'm about to buy a BMW but I'm always up for a completely spurious test ride :)

Scooby Drew
13-03-06, 04:58 PM
Good stuff, might just happen by. Not that I'm about to buy a BMW but I'm always up for a completely spurious test ride :)

Bad boy! :lol:

carelesschucca
13-03-06, 06:10 PM
http://cannon-bmw.co.uk/cannon/New_Bikes/R1200S/bmw_r1200s%20pictures.htm

I'd take one of them, in black of course!!!

Cronos
13-03-06, 08:15 PM
I got an invite to the opening day as well... shame I'm at a wedding.

Still I'll be down there to test the 1200 Adventure at some time soon. :wink: :wink:

Scooby Drew
14-03-06, 10:14 AM
After seeing the new R1200S at the show, i'm thinking that a test ride on one of those might be in order. And although the Rockster has been discontinued, I might have a blat on one of those if they have one in. And I have always wanted a go on a GS... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scooby Drew
19-03-06, 05:45 AM
Well that was fun. They had a free prize draw for everyone that put their name down on their mailing list...

I won me £190 worth of BMW helmet - was going to go for the nice cherry red one but I then remembered that I have a bright orange leather jacket so have gone for the black. Sorted, and it was a nice day out! Girls in lycra, friendly staff... :lol:

Thanks MacT

MacT
19-03-06, 01:32 PM
Thanks to you Scooby Drew. Glad you enjoyed it. Happy new helmet!

See you again.

MacT

northwind
19-03-06, 02:03 PM
Good stuff! I forgot about it...

carelesschucca
19-03-06, 02:18 PM
Sorted, and it was a nice day out! Girls in lycra, friendly staff... :lol:

Did you actually ride anything bike wise???

Scooby Drew
19-03-06, 08:35 PM
Sorted, and it was a nice day out! Girls in lycra, friendly staff... :lol:

Did you actually ride anything bike wise???

Err - no... The intelligent folks @ BMW are not letting their demo bikes out until the weather improves some (well not for suicidal maniacs...) As far as I know they will be having a demo day in a month or two once the roads are looking better.

It was just a social for all off the local BM owners and anyone else interested. There was a barbecue and a raffle and a lot of chat - as I said earlier, real good folks.

We do have an insider who I'm sure will keep us informed of any events in Edinburgh or the Weeg...

Tigerrrr.......
19-03-06, 10:06 PM
Hey Scooby, you can now play with your helmet while thinking about the lycra girls.

Mind you don't drop it.....

MacT
19-03-06, 10:58 PM
The demo's will be on from next week as soon as some get registered... :D

MacT