PDA

View Full Version : Forth Bridge bar stewards!

muzikill
28-03-06, 05:33 PM
Ok i know im a woos for not taking the bike just now but i thought id get on my soap box and let you all know..................

Well because of the strike today there were no toll collectors so i thought that hometime was gonna be a breeze!

wrong!

Have a guess what they done? ..... go on ........

The closed and coned off all the other tolls bar 2!

one for the road coming from edinburgh (queensferry road)
one for the slip road for echline and a8000

then to make matters worse they waited to let you know the traffic was merging not until you were very near them with small signs and the cones placed to merge until you were very near them causing a huge tail back from the slip road (2 lanes into one)----

Un-frikking believable! - obviously they didnt want to let the drivers see what the traffics like without tolls (eg. no tailbacks)

So it was window down in the cage and showed them a nice little birdy finger as i passed the blacked out windowed office! -

Did you know that they secretly trialled different schemes to get more dosh from drivers last year and didnt tell the scottish executive! (a mate works there)-

did anyone notice the cameras at the tolls that were used for counting how many people are in the cars? - i heard that it was about 75% accurate hahaha! - also they wired it up wrong when they tried it for the 2nd time and blew it up (supposedly 180k's worth of kit!)

jimmy4237
28-03-06, 07:09 PM
I agree with the sneakiness of not telling drivers via signs until the last 400 yards that it went from 2 lanes to 1. It took me ages in the artic just to cross the damned bridge. Wishaw to Dumfernline = 1.5 hours :evil: That's leaving the depot at 7am sharp.., and going the A71, and the B7030 back road to Newbridge to avoid that damned gridlocked M8.

Good thing I can weave the trailer about near the tolls to stop arrogant marc and bmw drivers from getting to the last cones on the 2:1 lane closure. I got plenty of horns, but f&%) them :) :)

It'll be back to normal traffic chaos tomorrow though :x

SVTONYB
31-03-06, 08:20 PM
Question for those in the know :?:

Re paying for use of the FRB do you pay for use in both directions or only North?

I was up at cupar on Saturday and on way I went over Kincardine Bridge but on return journey I went over the FRB and didnt have to pay. Is this normal or a one off

wheelnut
31-03-06, 09:06 PM
Question for those in the know :?:

Re paying for use of the FRB do you pay for use in both directions or only North?

I was up at cupar on Saturday and on way I went over Kincardine Bridge but on return journey I went over the FRB and didnt have to pay. Is this normal or a one off

Thats normal.

How else could they get visitors without charging them?

Its the same in Wales, they realise it is that bad they dare not charge them to leave the country :D

SVTONYB
31-03-06, 10:15 PM
Thats normal.

How else could they get visitors without charging them?

:lol: :lol:

I wasnt sure if it was a one off due to the roadworks :roll: