PDA

View Full Version : Highlanders Rideout. - Sunday 4th cancelled/postponed!

haggis
29-03-06, 07:27 PM
Just dipping my toe in the waters here! Tell me what you think.

We really have to arrange a Ecosse Posse (Northern Division) rideout sometime.
The numbers are growing gradually now and the icicles ar eat near melting point on the bike.

There are regular Central Belt rideouts, but they're a bit too far off for the lot of us to tackle in a day.

We're also a bit more spread out and just arriving at an equi-distant meeting point is a challenge!

Any takers?
Destinations and route suggestions welcome.

My own idea was meet in Garve. To Ullapool for snacks/lunch, then Aultbea, Gairloch, Kinlochewe. Maybe adding in the Torridon, Sheildaig, Lochcarron loop. Then head back our separate ways.
The short run is 130miles Garve to Garve.
The biggie is more like 140 Garve to Lochcarron.

These are some of the best biking experience roads Britain has to offer, and it's in our back yard. Of course any other members/non-members are welcome to boost numbers.

buckstone
01-04-06, 06:00 PM
Are you back on the road then ? Let me know the scoop if you get something organised - we could get everyone else to head up our direction (just in case it rains !!!!).

Remember me and the 2 guys in Leeds have a ferry / hotel space free for the trip to Trouville in France at the end of May. You're welcome to come along if you can get the time off - boat from Hull on the Friday and boat back Monday night (bank holiday). It's about £70 for the the boat and the same for 2 nights in a decent hotel - no point in slumming it !!!!

x5uds
01-04-06, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Garve also sounds good.

Any dates in mind?

I am heading down to the easter egg run but I think you are working if I remember rightly Haggis?!

haggis
01-04-06, 09:01 PM
Buckstone:
Been out for a couple of scoots round the island in the last week. :riding:
That rumbling you heard wasn't distant thunder y'know!

The bike's not completed but it's definitely roadworthy, handling needs fine-tuning and I'm a bit rusty too. Nothing a few more laps won't solve. 8)

As for suggested dates, I would think Sunday's are likely to suit more peeps.
Just lets all focus our minds and pick a dry one. [-o< If a different day suits you guys, just say so. I have a weird day-off cycle, but it's flexible to some extent.

setanta
04-04-06, 01:01 PM
Yeah I think I could manage something.........everything is so bloody far from where I live :)
Sunday sounds like a good day

haggis
04-05-06, 12:27 AM
BUMP!!!

Just resurrecting this before it falls off the page.

Is there any particular weekend that suits most folk? What about route/distances etc?

For me, any coming Sunday will suit except possibly the 14th May and i think the 28th was the other.

I don't see need for a poll, as there's only a few of us.
Make you suggestions here.....

setanta
04-05-06, 01:36 AM
What about last weekend of month??

setanta
04-05-06, 11:21 PM
oh wheres Garve lol?

haggis
04-05-06, 11:47 PM
Last wkend in May, that's the 28th. I don't think I'll be able to get an early start that morning.

What about the week after? The 4th June.

Garve is west of Dingwall by about 15miles. About 105miles from both of us roughly so it seemed a good meeting place.

Re-checking the route, I think the smaller loop is better, and no need to knacker ourselves anyway. :lol:

Otherwise we'd have fuel stop problems on a Sunday. With it being over 140miles, that's getting close to max tank range.

setanta
04-05-06, 11:54 PM
Yip that sounds all good to me, so we have two, any more takers??

Jimmythesaint
07-05-06, 10:21 AM
count me in.

Cronos
07-05-06, 10:26 AM
I've made this a sticky.

haggis
08-05-06, 03:52 PM
Ta muchly, Cronos. :thumbsup:

setanta
09-05-06, 11:00 PM
Dropped a mention of this in visordown as there are a few from up here on it.
Maybe we can get a few more bodies

Ray

haggis
10-05-06, 10:22 AM

Ray

Good idea.

I've put the word out to some more of the folk from Skye area too.... should get a few.

haggis
10-05-06, 10:22 AM

Ray

Good idea.

I've put the word out to some more of the folk from Skye area too.... should get a few.

haggis
10-05-06, 10:24 AM
:why:
Not me repeating myself, a system glitch. :lol:

setanta
10-05-06, 11:26 AM
Slightly off topic a bit hope you dont mind.

But how much does it cost to get the bike over to Skye??
Guess whats on my mind :lol:

haggis
10-05-06, 11:40 AM
In the words of Leslie Crowther - "Come on down... The Price is Right!" :D

We've been a free state for a year and a half mate.

I can still remember the party on the toll booth roof! :drink:

setanta
10-05-06, 11:43 AM
DOH
forgot about that....stupido :roll: :roll:

x5uds
13-05-06, 10:22 PM
My bike will be back on the road next week but the good lady is due to give birth anyday now so this month is out for me.

haggis
13-05-06, 10:37 PM
Wishing you all the best on the big day when it comes.

And that goes for the wee 'un's arrival too. :lol:

setanta
15-05-06, 10:43 PM
Bike off the road because of a suicidal Bambi. will keep you posted.

x5uds are you a dad yet??

haggis
23-05-06, 05:37 PM
What's the latest on the bike/bambi incident Ray? Good news or bad. :?

So far it's Jimmythesaint, me and possibly Buckstone if he's recovered from his Euro invasion by then. I can drum up a few non-SV'er riff-raff from round here if they scrub up for the occasion. :lol:

setanta
24-05-06, 12:45 AM
What's the latest on the bike/bambi incident Ray? Good news or bad. :?

So far it's Jimmythesaint, me and possibly Buckstone if he's recovered from his Euro invasion by then. I can drum up a few non-SV'er riff-raff from round here if they scrub up for the occasion. :lol:

Hi Murdo

Bike has been written off by the local garage.
The insurance is sending up an assessor, which should be a formality, hopefully some time this week, fingers crossed.
I really don't know how long the whole process is going to take, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a new bike, so that when I get a cheque(fingers crossed) I can purchase fairly quickly. Looking to get a gsx-r600, would like an 04 version :lol:

I'm glad I had a good pair of boots on as my foot and ankle went half way through the deer...no damage to leg

I will keep you posted but its not looking good for the run :cry:

Ray

haggis
28-05-06, 10:14 AM
Looking to get a gsx-r600, would like an 04 version :lol:

Ray

Oooooh, sharp. Very sharp. 8)

setanta
28-05-06, 10:38 AM
Ty

Still haven't heard from the assessor, he was supposed to be up this week, no sign :( :(

haggis
03-06-06, 12:00 PM
I think this idea has died a death.

A case of bad timing for most folks - as far as this wk/end goes anyway.