PDA

View Full Version : road tax checks

Anonymous
04-04-06, 02:33 PM
loads of police around balloch and surrounding areas today. good weather brings them out.

lots of road tax vans with cameras (dont really understand how that works)

also police check area in balloch opposite coop. best to avoid area.

must put tax disc on bike before sunday :wink:

independentphoto
04-04-06, 04:20 PM
Hi there.

Good to see them chasing the cheats. The camera vans use automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), that looks up the vehicle on the DVLA system and BINGO - if you're out on the road without having paid - fine in the post. Front facing cameras of course.

Garry

STRAMASHER
04-04-06, 06:45 PM
Its the same every year as this time, innit? :(

If its nice at the weekend I fully expect for THEM to be out in force. Think last weekend caught them on the hop. Tons of shiny bikes out and not a speed trap to be seen..............or maybe I was lucky! :lol:

This time last year, got a wee fine for a wee plate but got let off with zorst because, "This is not England(implying zero tolorence), and it was not too noisy."(Not SV :wink: , IL4). Fair'nuff.

I have kicked this year off with 3points in a car on the M6 (coming down of the Shap). 1st points in 10years. Fwd facing camera van. Not such a problem for bikes ! See, cars suck! :P

If cops are out stop checking bikes AND cars I don't have too much of a problem, does not feel like you are getting picked on.

Havering over,

Andy (paranoid android :shock: )

nuntius
04-04-06, 07:09 PM
Lucky I guess, that I taxed my bike yesterday.

Noticed, when looking through my docs last month, that the dealer never sent off the v5 so I sent it off, with a letter asking for a form to pay the back taxes. They sent the v5 back but no v11, so I went to the local dvla office yesterday and got it taxed, and payed the 9 months back tax.

Automatic penalty my a***.

lynw
04-04-06, 10:03 PM
Hi there.

Good to see them chasing the cheats. The camera vans use automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), that looks up the vehicle on the DVLA system and BINGO - if you're out on the road without having paid - fine in the post. Front facing cameras of course.

Garry

Not necessarily a fine. It could be bye bye vehicle :shock:

russg
04-04-06, 10:33 PM
hi all

am sure i have said hi before now but if i havent then hi

just to add to this post my tax disc fell off last week and i didnt realise and a policeman came to the house on sat with it saying some1 handed it in

how lucky was i so i suppose there is some decent rozzers out there

:D :D :D
________
GANG BANG PUBLIC (http://www.****tube.com/categories/602/public/videos/1)

stev
07-04-06, 11:38 PM
so.....

how do those forward facing camera vans work ? can you be done for speeding? I came accross one the other day and was "accidently" speeding (honest) . How can it get a bike ?

Stev

SVTONYB
08-04-06, 09:48 AM
they dont :lol:

The ANPR vans are there to read the front no plate on a vehicle and automaticaly check to see if it is taxed through the dvla.

The speed vans read the front no plate and register if it is speeding.

in both bikes escape due to no front plates

but the powers that be have been trying to change that and have bikes display plates to the front

stev
08-04-06, 08:21 PM
thanks svtonyb.....

looks like I'm ok then ! need to pay attention though.... was distracted at the time and speed had crept up... :shock:

bloody earplugs ! you feel a bit strange at first as you don't get the same wind noise so have to pay attention ... :?

stev