PDA

View Full Version : Peterborugh anyone?

minifun
18-04-06, 06:54 AM
Hi!

I'm back, picking up my 2nd SV on the 7th May so anyone in the Peterborough area fancy a ride!! Not ridden an SV for 2 years so very excited (Got converted to IL4's momentarily) :D

Last time I tried to find people on SV's in this area it seemed there was no-one!! There must be some!! Also planning on doing the AR06 so if anyone wants to meet here that would be good - I will probably get lost on my own!! lol

Em

davy
18-04-06, 05:39 PM
Hi Em, I think we chatted before when u had your 1st SV. Glad to see u come to your senses again and getting another one.
I dont get out much as i work away sometimes, but let me know when u planning a ride and i will see if i can manage to ride too.
David

jayjay
18-04-06, 08:58 PM
Hi

Im in Luton so not that far, what about the santa pod thing on the 14 May that should be fun

minifun
18-04-06, 09:34 PM
Yer will probably be up for santa pod 8)

I am from Luton, moved up here a year ago!! lol

Would like to get out on the 7th May if anyone is about!?!?

Steve_God
19-04-06, 09:01 AM
I would be up for it with only being the otherside of Leicester, but I'm not in the area that weekend unfortunately ! Sorry !
(Got a mates b-day I can't miss...)

Jelster
19-04-06, 09:45 AM
Hi Em,

Nice to see you back.... Sold the Bandit 12 then I take it....

minifun
19-04-06, 12:57 PM
Yer, lost my confidence on it after being knocked off and decided it was just too big and heavy!! lol R6 was fun but missed the v-twin so have decided to revert back! Can't wait! lol

BIKERBLOKE
27-04-06, 05:25 PM
Yup would like to and i`m just up the road in wittering bout 10 mile away. See yah about maybe. I ride a loud yella curvy on a w plate and i`m all in bleck. Where you wanna meet?

minifun
30-04-06, 04:13 PM
Well I am picking the bike up at Honda in Fengate, Peterborough so could meet there about 10.30ish?

Apparently there is a steetfighter show on at Northampton so might be heading over that way!

minifun
30-04-06, 04:18 PM
Link to club and link to show below!

http://www.peterboroughmotorcycle.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=300.html#300

BIKERBLOKE
30-04-06, 05:34 PM
Well I am picking the bike up at Honda in Fengate, Peterborough so could meet there about 10.30ish?

Didnt know there was a honda motorcycle dealership in fengate, the only honda bike shop I know is down linclon road nr queensgate, then again i have been a villager for 2 yrs now. There is a Honda car dealership in fengate

Cant do the Northampton thang soz.Looks good tho

minifun
30-04-06, 06:27 PM
The Honda bike dealership is attached to the car one! lol

Iansv
30-04-06, 06:34 PM
The Honda dealers moved ? I only get back to peterborough every 2-3 months now but i'm sure it was there last time :?

BIKERBLOKE
01-05-06, 11:53 AM
The Honda bike dealership is attached to the car one! lol

Doh doh and double doh #-o All change then cos they were not together last time i looked, the car dealership was next to the old jag building and the bike shop was down lincoln road nr queensgate, but last time i looked was about a yr ago.

Let me know if you are not going to Northampton, if you are not i will meet you for a ride out at 10.30

Marc

minifun
03-05-06, 01:06 PM
Well if your definately up for a ride then I will do that!

Would rather have a decent blast on it than ride to Santa Pod and leave it in a car park! Let me know if you can't make it!

Em

BIKERBLOKE
04-05-06, 11:48 AM
Cool see ya sunday @10.30

I know some good roads round rutland area.

Could do a loop from pboro out to corby, from corby to uppingham via rockingham hill, from uppingham out to oakham past rutland water to stamford, stamford to bourne and back to the boro. Its a nice ride out and the roads are fast and swooping. Should be good , would welcome any other roads you may know.

Marc

minifun
04-05-06, 12:09 PM
Sounds good!

I have ridden most of the roads mentioned but always following someone - I am liable to get lost!! I have only been in peterborough just over a year!

See ya Sunday

Em

BIKERBLOKE
05-05-06, 03:00 PM
I have only been in peterborough just over a year!

You poor soul you, a year to long, where you from originally and why choose the Boro as a place to live?

minifun
05-05-06, 05:49 PM
Moved from Luton!

Basically moved up here for work, its an improvement on Luton!

ruff_ryder
05-05-06, 07:24 PM
hey there im from stamford.. i may meet up wiv u 2 sunday..cant garantee it but if i got nowt else on i will!.. i ride a 02 naked red sv

matt

Iansv
05-05-06, 08:35 PM
well its better than luton but its no picnic...

I escaped from boghorror 4 1/2 yrs ago, but still go back to see friends/family every so often, never seen another sv there except for a black curvy

davy
06-05-06, 04:08 PM
Black curvy could have been mine Ian.

BIKERBLOKE
07-05-06, 08:15 AM
Gonna have to cancel :oops: but i dont take my baby out in the rain.Sorry!!But it is well wet this am.

Steve_God
07-05-06, 10:34 AM
Gonna have to cancel :oops: but i dont take my baby out in the rain.Sorry!!But it is well wet this am.

*mumbles something about fair weather riders...* :D lol

minifun
07-05-06, 02:03 PM
Well I got it home safetly! :D Forgotton how nice V-twins sound even without a race can! (Race Can being fitted asap!) Did nanage to lock up the back wheel though under engine breaking! Doh - must remeber its not like an IL4 - my FZ6 barely has any engine breaking!

Now I need a nice sunny day to get used to it!! lol Track day booked for the 29th June at cadwell for a proper play!

Em

BIKERBLOKE
08-05-06, 11:16 AM
*mumbles something about fair weather riders...* :D lol

[-( :wink:

BIKERBLOKE
08-05-06, 11:27 AM
Next time the weather is good, on a weekend, if you still wanna meet up for a ride out, i`m still up for it.

Sorry to let you down on sunday em. Glad you like your bike.

This weekend looks alrighty for a ride out if you wanna?

Let us know.

Goes for anyone in the area :wink:

minifun
09-05-06, 09:16 PM
No plans for sunday yet!

Went out for a play tonight - great fun! Race can is on now - think I need ear plugs!

BIKERBLOKE
10-05-06, 10:32 PM
Race can is on now - think I need ear plugs!

:twisted: :lol: Sound good with the race can on dont they.
What can you got on?

I bought mine from mrs ltd. Sound loud with the baffles out :twisted:

will see what the weather is like on sunday

BIKERBLOKE
10-05-06, 10:48 PM
Did nanage to lock up the back wheel though under engine breaking! Doh - must remeber its not like an IL4 . Em

Easy to lock up.

Engine breaking is huge on twin ,ive noticed that from comming from il4s,good tho , its saves in break pads :lol:

minifun
11-05-06, 12:06 PM
Put a venom can on it - £26 off ebay!! Think it might need new baffles though as much louder than the art I had on my last SV!

BIKERBLOKE
11-05-06, 04:37 PM
Put a venom can on it - £26 off ebay!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: Cheap as chips

BIKERBLOKE
03-06-06, 10:45 AM
Anyone up for a play this avo, reply quick tho coz I`m gonna go out around 3ish. Prob left this post to late, you are prob already out playing.

Bloody gorgeous weather.

davy
03-06-06, 11:19 AM
Pity i didnt know earlier, have just got back from a ride. Weather is fantastic and roads are not that busy. Maybe another time.

BIKERBLOKE
03-06-06, 11:23 AM
Yah i thought i left it to late.

Def for another time tho

BIKERBLOKE
03-06-06, 11:37 AM
I`m off out now, cant wait, the sun is just toooo tempting.