PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

Quedos
23-04-06, 07:53 AM
Whos heading out then?

We're heading off to Inverary via Arrochar and strathblane if anyone wants to meet up on the way round :)

GDBD59
23-04-06, 08:46 AM
Weir Honda Perth, then Crieff/Glendevon probably for me, VFR pal, & big_red :D

Anonymous
23-04-06, 09:55 AM
no babysitter so no where for me :cry:

instigator
23-04-06, 12:30 PM
Whos heading out then?

We're heading off to Inverary via Arrochar and strathblane if anyone wants to meet up on the way round :)

Went that way to campbetwon yesterday. Lovely weather on the way up, horrid on the way back down and my bike started running on one cylinder!!! Aaaaah...

Seen a fully faired yellow sv with twin carbon cans though when I was dismanlting in a petrol station forecourt...female rider...liked that yellow, very nice. :)

jimmy4237
23-04-06, 08:21 PM
Did Glasgow to Carbeth to Dukes Pass, then onto Tyndrum.
Went back home the same way. Not a cloud in the sky, put the fuzz were setting up speed traps everywhere around Lochearnhead to Tyndrum, and pulling bikers (no cars with blackout windows or chav mobiles) into laybys for "safety checks" on dark visors, plates and race cans. B******s. Was lucky enough not to get a pull.

Then plod have got the cheek to drive out on the roads at 45 - 60mph, with un-neccessary braking on wide corners down to sub 40mph. No-one dared pass the patrol cars either in fear of getting a speeding ticket... Then the police have the cheek to accuse other motorists of poor driving!! One rule for them,another for Joe Public!!!!

I counted 3 patrol cars (marked), 2 marked bikes, plus one unmarked Pan European. Sunny sundays, suddenly there's a massive police presence (no staffing problems then :roll: :roll: ) Not to mention 2 camera vans hiding in the bushes.... :evil: :evil:

I did say the police were going to hit the Trossachs in an earlier thread....

SVTONYB
23-04-06, 09:18 PM
I counted 3 patrol cars (marked), 2 marked bikes, plus one unmarked Pan European. Sunny sundays, suddenly there's a massive police presence (no staffing problems then :roll: :roll: ) Not to mention 2 camera vans hiding in the bushes.... :evil: :evil:

Jimmy, I would hardly call 3 cars and 3 bikes a massive police presence :wink:

GDBD59
23-04-06, 10:03 PM
We didn't venture further west than Comrie, but saw the cops in Methven, just outside Perth, talking to some bikers,- don't know if it was a 'pull' or not. Approaching Comrie bikers heading east were giving the thumbs down but no plod before the cafe at Twenty Shilling Wood.....wondered if they had a trap on one of the straights before St Fillans?

Does anyone know if they're doing us for dark visors as a sole offence?

If anyone's interested Weir Honda Perth are having a sale on Arai's, including 2006 designs. Got over £100 off 8) & a lesson from the Arai man on how to remove the visor, so maybe I won't break a sidepod again. :idea:

independentphoto
23-04-06, 10:17 PM
Jimmy, I would hardly call 3 cars and 3 bikes a massive police presence :wink:

By todays standards, the station must have been deserted & phones on voicemail......:lol:

Made it to Inverary after an early and unplanned start. Conditions were fine although the wibbly wobbly was soaking. Arrived to find the front car park full of bikes. Most left whilst we stuffed chips, but were replaced by new arrivals - so a busy day down there. Cops were operating between the Rest & be Thankful car park and Inverary itself (Merc traffic car - battenburg).

Cheers,

Garry 8)

STRAMASHER
24-04-06, 09:26 AM
No bike action at all for me all weekend (apart from cleaning and getting a new tyre.......err and imagining how great a bit o' sticky rubber is going to be! :lol: )

That kind of police precense is to be expected this time of year and if you hit the popular routes you just accept you need to wind your neck in a bit. :?

Glad your wallets made it through your runs unscathed! :lol:

northwind
24-04-06, 12:11 PM
I rode to Homebase and back :( But I did go the long way.

Cronos
24-04-06, 12:50 PM
I was in Hawick over the weekend so took the scenic route from Glasgow on Friday through Peebles. Noticed some new warning signs for bikers on the A72 (I think).

Unfortunatley have been choked with the cold, so only managed a 40 mile round trip to Gala on the A7 (watching out for those nasty patrol cars) and then the run ack to Edinburgh on the Sunday.

One thing I've learnt is that it's very unpleasant sneezing in a helmet when you're choked with proper man flu. :sick:

Cam_73
24-04-06, 05:34 PM
West Coast Riviera!!

Down through Greenock, Gourock, Largs, back through Stevenson, Dalry and Kilwinning.

Nice... apart from the Sunday drivers on the coast road.

No fuzz until Paisley, and they pulled a Cavalier :)

Cheers

quikstu
24-04-06, 06:34 PM
West Coast Riviera!!

Down through Greenock,

Greenock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What misfortune!

:?

scooby2102
24-04-06, 07:19 PM
Colintraive via Loch Lomond & Tarbet / Arrochar then back via Dunoon ferry to Gourock

Whit a braw day it was too, mega sunny & toasty :)

carelesschucca
24-04-06, 09:57 PM
i did Nothing, you think I was drunk when i posted on that thursday night, you should have seen me at 6 in the morning coming home from the party...

l3xus01
25-04-06, 07:15 AM
am worried about the hiding camera vans :evil: didnt see any but was behind the coppers as they pulled into layby doin speed traps...wee did callender,tyndrum,glencoe,kinlochleven circuit which i would advise everyone to try 'then glencoe to oban this road has been resurfaced and is superb'then down to tyndrum and back to callender then home...seen one van goin up to glencoe but was fore warned by another bike... met an sv rider at the green welly she had gave her partner the sv and got herself a 750 gsxr new... she was bonkers and was on the suzuki owners club website as gixer bitch said she new nutty and she was nutty hersel... does anyone no her...

Anonymous
25-04-06, 03:26 PM
that will be karen :lol: