PDA

View Full Version : 1st May Run

jimmy4237
27-04-06, 07:15 PM
Just found out that I'm off on the 1st :D , so waheee..

Since the last thread has got a wee bittie derailed, what's happening on the 1st, meeting place, time plus route.

Whatever happened to going over the Wibbly Wobbly road to Arrochar, and then up to Nutty's fav road "The Dukes Pass??

Do Callender, Tyndrum (Lunch at Green Welly??) or something.

Arrange this quick someone. We all know what happens to the bloody weather when I arrrange a run - it f*****g snows :evil:

Meet at Balloch MacDonalds 10am if we're doing the military road and the dukes??

scooby2102
27-04-06, 09:26 PM
aw sheet, ah need to work now on the 1st

coont me out

owenieboy
27-04-06, 10:00 PM
I'm working too :(

SVTONYB
27-04-06, 10:16 PM
Start Hein Gerrike Glasgow
McDonalds at Balloch
Military road / Wibbly Wobbly to Arrocher (coffee stop)
A83 to Inveraray (coffee stop)
A819 to Dalmally
A85 to Tyndrum (food stop)
A85 to Lochearnhead
A84 to Callendar
A821 to Aberfoyle (coffee stop)

We can then go our separate ways home

Anonymous
28-04-06, 07:40 AM
might not make it guys. think afterschool care is shut. will find out today :cry:

independentphoto
28-04-06, 08:46 AM
Defo NOT gonna make it.

I tried, but can't get the day off, so off today instead. Me hears them roads calling after the paperwork's done.

Garry :wink:

carelesschucca
28-04-06, 02:15 PM
I took today off with the idea of sorting the brakes on my bike, so far I've spent the whole day cleaning the bike D'oh!!! Must get to the brakes or I'm going no where!!!

Anonymous
28-04-06, 08:32 PM
cant do monday sorry guys. did military road and wibbly wobbly today though, didnt have any other vehicles on the road it was fantastic. military road has road works on it so take care.

hope you have a good day

SVTONYB
28-04-06, 10:35 PM
c'mon whos cumin oot ........ you know you want to :wink:

carelesschucca
29-04-06, 11:02 AM
I've not asked the gaffer yet!!! I shall do it today...

STRAMASHER
29-04-06, 05:11 PM
No can do. Away up to watch the Six Day Trial at Fort William.............. in the tin box :(

Cops are hot at Tyndrum (civvy white camera van, mate got busted last sunday, dropped through his door a coupla days later...first thing he knew about it! :? ), Tyndrum- Dalmally, Dalmally - Inverary, Inverary - Rest and Be thankful. No surprises there.Swaning about in a plain Subaru and 2 undercover 'Pans. One of which is dark blue. Can be identified from behind by aerial on top box.

Hope to see some of you for another one soon.

Andy

GDBD59
30-04-06, 12:22 AM
Me neither :( Was considering it, but arranged to buy new bike today :D so will limit use & get the polish out instead!

Blue Flame
30-04-06, 02:32 AM
Me neither :( Was considering it, but arranged to buy new bike today :D so will limit use & get the polish out instead!

Gon then. What was it you bought. :?: :?:

independentphoto
30-04-06, 09:07 AM

Gon then. What was it you bought. :?: :?:

Yeah - Come on - Spill!

Garry :D

GDBD59
30-04-06, 10:30 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/GDBD59/Ducati_1000SS.jpg

Here's the new steed. :) Don't have it yet, it'll take a week or so to arrange it.

Clean yellow curvy for sale very soon...... :( :) :( :)

Blue Flame
30-04-06, 11:19 AM
It's horrible =P~ :wink:

SVTONYB
30-04-06, 11:45 AM
:hackedoff: Honest Im not jealous.....not one tiny bit ok

SVTONYB
30-04-06, 11:46 AM
ps .... is naebody gan oot in the morn

Anonymous
30-04-06, 06:13 PM
nice bike gary will it be kept as shiny as the sv?

not going tomorrow tony, but wish i was. going to do gardening instead woohoo :cry:

scooby2102
30-04-06, 08:34 PM
Right lads & lass's

Since some of us cant manage tomorrow, whens the next sat or sunday rideout ?

May dates ?

should we have a poll for the dates ?

GDBD59
30-04-06, 10:24 PM
It's horrible =P~ :wink:

:P :lol:

:hackedoff: Honest Im not jealous.....not one tiny bit ok

8)

nice bike gary will it be kept as shiny as the sv?

Well I'll try........but with the front downpipe inside a fairing, it isn't going to be so easy. :?

I haven't been on one or tried this one 'cos they're hard to find, but I'm sure I'll like it........but working on the SV in the evening outside the garage with the sun shining on that bright yellow paintwork & the iridium screen........I'm thinking " am I doing the right thing....." :-k 8-[ :-s

Lets hope the grunt & the handling's what I'm after :thumbsup:

scooby2102
30-04-06, 11:17 PM
GBD, cant you keep the SV as well,was goin to do the same last year with trading in the SV but when I did the sums I realised I was as well keeping it

also, since its really clean, it wont lose much in value over the next few years

also also - think about the fun you've had on it

also also also - makes a brill 2nd bike

thoughts to ponder on

oh...and lastly...
ahm jealous as well - thats one seriously nice bike you are gettin :wink:

jimmy4237
30-04-06, 11:46 PM
No can tomorrow either guys.

Am just back home this moment after a 650 mile tour of the highlands... drove home from Inverness through the night. 140 miles later (non-stop), had to stop at Crieff for fuel and a coffee as I couldn't feel my hands for numbness and cold pains. Got home just before the rain started....

Need to get some sleep, and wash the bike clean of the bug splattered fairings.

Get yourself over to Applecross (over a mountain pass...) via Loch Carron. The views from the top of the hill through 1st gear hairpins are to die for... then stop for a pint at the tiny village of Applecross before going back over the pass again.

The road from Garve to Loch Carron has to be driven to be believed - wide as hell, all totally resurfaced for 18 miles. Ton-up sweeping corners, flat out in top gear straights, the lot... It makes central belt road repairs and design look crap and feeble....... But note that the wee petrol station in Loch Carron doesn't open on a Sunday (the Sabbath), and the only choice is the Spar shop petrol at £1.06 per litre for unleaded :shock: :shock: Yet the proper petrol station just 200 yards down the road is selling the same stuff for 96.9 pence.. :cry: But it refuses to open for Sunday trading due to the Sabbath....

Next year on this weekend, we're all going up to Dornoch camping, enjoying a live band, and getting ****ed at the pub. PM Haggis for more details...

GDBD59
01-05-06, 03:02 AM
GBD, cant you keep the SV as well,was goin to do the same last year with trading in the SV but when I did the sums I realised I was as well keeping it

also, since its really clean, it wont lose much in value over the next few years

also also - think about the fun you've had on it

also also also - makes a brill 2nd bike

thoughts to ponder on

oh...and lastly...
ahm jealous as well - thats one seriously nice bike you are gettin :wink:

A lot of what you say is true Scooby........it dawned on me today that my 2001SV is worth the same money as the 2000 req family Accord. :shock: :?:

I need the sale of the SV to (help) pay for the Duke, the bike is only used from April - October, & it probably will hold it's value.......if the buyer (I hope) is able to give it a pretty sheltered life. Not very likely though..... :?
The Duke's a private buy, & I'm going to advertise the SV here 1st. [-o<

Blue Flame
01-05-06, 09:32 AM
........it dawned on me today that my 2001SV is worth the same money as the 2000 req family Accord. :shock: :?:

Then sell the Accord instead. Im sure your family will understand :wink:

northwind
01-05-06, 04:46 PM
That had an air of inevitability about it... Where'd you get it from?

GDBD59
01-05-06, 09:41 PM
........it dawned on me today that my 2001SV is worth the same money as the 2000 req family Accord. :shock: :?:

Then sell the Accord instead. Im sure your family will understand :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Mrs GDBD says to tell it's not mine to sell [-X :reaper: (it's in her name!!)

scooby2102
01-05-06, 11:01 PM
Mrs GDBD says to tell it's not mine to sell (it's in her name!!)

Hey, man or moose :shock:

GDBD59
03-05-06, 12:00 AM
..........a ducati moose :!: :riding: :riding: .....almost :D

haggis
03-05-06, 07:31 PM
Am just back home this moment after a 650 mile tour of the highlands... drove home from Inverness through the night. 140 miles later (non-stop), had to stop at Crieff for fuel and a coffee as I couldn't feel my hands for numbness and cold pains. Got home just before the rain started....

... Applecross... ...Lochcarron... ...Garve... ...Dornoch... etc.

Bloody hell, you put yersel about don't you. :shock: :lol:

Hats off to ya for making the most of the weather Jimmy. Took a donder down to Forres on the Sunday. Whit a scorcher! BBQ and refreshments when we got there. 8)

SVTONYB
04-05-06, 01:46 AM

Sounds like you had a brill time there Jimmy

Who did you go with :?:

How do you find the 1000 compared to the 650 :?: