PDA

View Full Version : Front Fork springs

stev
28-04-06, 07:35 PM
Anyone know where I can buy uprated springs for my K1 sv650s ?

stev

Tzindo
29-04-06, 01:44 AM
Deamon Tweaks - I assume that a K1 is 1999 year.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductList.asp?cls=MCYCLE&grp=MCP075&pgrp=MC010&tlgrp=MC010

There you go. BTW I am not associated with DT I just bought mine from there and they worked perfectly.

carelesschucca
29-04-06, 11:02 AM
WP do nice front fork springs... Mines are great...

Vic Lamb Development.
Carlton Road
Manby
Louth
Lincs
LN11 8UT

I can't find a number for them, but its all good stuff...

northwind
29-04-06, 01:43 PM
Did you not have a horrendous time getting the WPs though? Lots of delays etc?

I used Ohlins, they were fine. If you can tell the difference between any 2 springs of the same rate and type (ie linear/progressive) then you're some sort of freak :) So find some the right weight for you and don't worry too much about where they're from. Easy to find too, may dealers supply Ohlins. Alvins did :(

The Ohlins springs there are all the same rate, good for up to about 12 stone IIRC, but if you're heavier then it's worth looking elsewhere.

Anonymous
29-04-06, 04:39 PM
ask careless about the hard time he had :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: perhaps if you have some muscle you will be ok. eat your spinich dean :lol: :lol:

carelesschucca
29-04-06, 10:43 PM
Its just me any product I buy takes an age to turn up... WP took about 6 weeks, Leo Vince about 3 months (first time) 2 months the second time... Its what come from not wanting to follow all the other sheep...

stev
30-04-06, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the addy's

I'll order some and let you know how I get on...

stev

GDBD59
30-04-06, 10:29 PM
They come up for sale on the site fairly often, or ebay occasionally.