PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow - Stolen Bike X448 MSP - Now Recovered!!!!

jimmy4237
04-05-06, 08:42 PM
My mate had his new toy stolen as he nipped into his work to grab his rucksack today.

He parked his bike in a private driveway, went into his work for 30 seconds, looked round and here's 12 13-17 year olds lifting his bike, and walking off with it. :shock: Last seen in the Glasgow Bishopbriggs area. It's probably the local youth gang bored. The police did he-haw as per usual...... told him to claim his insurance, don't worry about it :? :?

It's a mint green and black 2000 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja. You can see a photo of it by going to www.cupar.co.uk, and searching the used bike section.

He only had that bike one week......

My mate and his boss managed to chase them into a side street where they were threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives.. :shock: :shock:

Don't leave your valuables get out of your sight......

Beaniebike
04-05-06, 09:24 PM
God, how scarey.

tigersaw
04-05-06, 09:27 PM
My mate and his boss managed to chase them into a side street where they were threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives.. :shock: :shock:

And the feds wern't interested in that? Mention gun round here (surry/sussex) and the chopper is out.

l3xus01
05-05-06, 12:32 AM
that is pretty shockin..... these wee b*****ds deserve a right goin over.... spend yer hard earned buddah an some wee a***holes do that....and u wont see the police for dust but the first wee plate they see they do u for... MAKES MA BLOOD BOIL!!!! :evil: hope yer mates alright...

SVTONYB
05-05-06, 02:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your mate jimmy he must be gutted. Did he leave the keys in the bike or did he just not lock the steering.

quikstu
05-05-06, 08:37 AM
and here's 12 13-17 year olds lifting his bike, and walking off with it.

threatened with a gun, a baseball bat and a couple of knives.. :shock: :shock:

Lifting the bike? Did they walk down the street with it or put it in the back of a van?

Threatened wi a gun, b ball bat & a knife, and the polis weren't interested!!!!!
So this was a Robbery & your telling me the feds weren't interested!!!!!!

:^o :-k

Hate to disagree.

Quedos
05-05-06, 09:41 AM
What area of Bishopbriggs. - Work there and know a few of the neds about. I've told the guys - in office today - their keeping an eye out for it. Know a few places where stolen goods are kept low.
I'll try and get a word with the local community cops.
If we can get descriptions and area we maybe able to help :)

But still - little s****s.

Abs

Razor
05-05-06, 10:38 AM
Shooting would be too good for those little scrotes.

carelesschucca
05-05-06, 04:47 PM
Here was me thinking they were posh in Bishy...

What a freeking nightmare...

jimmy4237
05-05-06, 07:38 PM
He had the keys at all times, plus the steering lock was on. The thieving b******s just lifted the front end of the bike, put it into neutral, and started running - no van was used.

A mate was on the phone to the cops at the time it was being wheeled away - all the cops wanted to know was his name, address and phone number :!: :!: No interest in sending out a patrol car - the the local coppers (male and female) two female officers came (eventually), and even they admitted they were scared to confront the thieving gits, but they knew who they were :shock: :shock:

Too afraid to get knifed themselves...

Me any my mates reckon its the kids from the local council high rise flats in Milton.
(There's a lane that allows the school kids to get from Milton to Bishopbriggs). That area is also well known for all the burnt out stolen cars.
Most of the kids there have convictions for stealing cars, burglary, etc anyway, so another conviction for stealing a bike will just add to their status, and they're not giving a **** for other people's property. They probably live in poverty anyway, and just get jealous when they see something nice...

Hang the lot of them - get a job, and see what it's like to work for something they want... then see another limey git steal it.

jimmy4237
05-05-06, 08:32 PM
Also forgot to say that the neds who stole the ninja also might run about on stolen dirt bikes in the Milton to Bishopbriggs back lanes. That's the people who plod would like to interrogate (and would love to kick their heads in, but aren't allowed to....)

Quedos - have sent you a PM.

Quedos
06-05-06, 11:16 PM
what sort of crash damage would your mate accept - just in case i run the little s*** of the road.

We think a possible sighting by Garry in Cumbernauld this morning but could not get number plate for certain. All eyes are peeled here! :shock:

SVTONYB
06-05-06, 11:45 PM
what sort of crash damage would your mate accept - just in case i run the little s*** of the road.

The bikes probably being used off road as we speak :evil:

Any word jimmy :?:

jimmy4237
07-05-06, 09:23 PM
Good new guys and gals - we have now recovered the stolen ninja :D :D Only damage to it is scraped mirrors from pushing it through narrow gates, plus cut ignition loom. The rest of the bike is unmolested, if a little dirty...

We got it back by driving around the area for 4 hours in cars, asking everybody if they knew about a stolen bike. A drunken scared wee ned eventually phoned us back at midnight, saying in a drunken bucky slur "ahhh knoow wheer yer bike is pal, ahm no gieing ya name, but it'll cost ya"

We arranged a meet, went there in force (6 cars plus 12 bodies), having been previously told just "just come alone with the cash". We went there in mass and did a secret stakeout in case things went bad..

It turns out the kids who stole the bike tried to start the bike by cutting the ignition wires, but shorted the 12v wire against the front forks, thus blowing the main fuses. They thought the bike was f****d, so they sold the complete bike to a dodgy bike breaker (operates from a lockup in Mingulay Crescent, Glasgow) for £20 plus a few bags of smack..

When my mate went to see the bike, he was approached by two lads in their 20's armed with knives and golf clubs. "Drop the weapons, or else (remember the backup posse...) no deal. They threw their weapons over the fence, said walk with us "No chance" my mate said, and replyed "I'd rather walk on the other side of the street first...". "Your choice", and pointed to him his bike parked on the road, and then showed him their dodgy ignition repair job, before asking for £200.

He hassled it down to £50 (There was 6 of the bike breakers pals watching this as well). Then we all jumped out of our cars, approached these two scum bags, they bricked it big time, took our £50 (we gave him faked £10 notes :) :) ), and did a runner. We took the bike away somewhere safe, until I got there this morning with the trailer to recover it.

When the dealer found out there was a large posse of people looking for that ninja, him and his mate bricked it, and offered it back to us cash, with the ignition loom half repaired in an attempt to get it going. Some repair job - look at the wires, they fell apart..... it fixed properly now...

Yet the local police station was less than 1 mile away on the main drag :( :(

A dodgy yet risky way to get the bike back, but a big posse of people ready to kick the bike thieves heads in worked... A result in the end....

haggis
07-05-06, 10:30 PM
Good result there jimmy. :twisted:

Bloody ridiculous that you've got to do the detective work yourselves though. What exactly do we pay council tax for these days?

l3xus01
08-05-06, 12:37 AM
well done mate...!!! shows u what the wee feckers will do for cash..!!!!

northwind
08-05-06, 10:47 AM
Good work that man!

Anonymous
08-05-06, 04:35 PM
sounds like something off the telly :lol:

Beaniebike
08-05-06, 05:15 PM
sounds like something off the telly :lol:

LOL - so it does!!! :lol:

Philbo
08-05-06, 07:17 PM
Where abouts in Bishopbriggs did the bike get lifted from Jimmy? I'm in Bishopbriggs and want to know where not to leave my bike! :shock:

jimmy4237
08-05-06, 08:16 PM
The bike was actually taken from Colston Road, near Springburn road on the road to Bishopbriggs.

Head up the A803, you'll see the main police station on your left hand side, go through the speed camera, and come to the next set of lights. Take the next left. That's where the bike was taken from, and pushed to Milton!!!! over 2 miles away!!!

From where it was nicked, the police station is less than 1 mile away.

independentphoto
08-05-06, 09:54 PM
Nice work one and all. I had spotted a worryingly similar bike blast through Cumbernauld early on Saturday morning in the opposite direction :shock: . Had it passed me in my direction, I'm sure I'd have forgotten to "Think Bike" at the next junction.

Quedos will relay all information to the relevant civillian patrols in confidence.

Cheers,

Garry :thumbsup:

SVTONYB
08-05-06, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear your mate got his bike back.....so where is this dodgy breakers then :roll:

northwind
08-05-06, 11:57 PM
That's what I was wondering too... I could do with some cheap bits :)