PDA

View Full Version : long rideout - 17/6

Anonymous
13-05-06, 08:51 AM
right peeps i know im thinking ahead a wee bit, but have convinced my son to go to cub camp so will be able to go for a good long rideout out on sat 17th June. whose up for it?

please come and play so im not a wee billy as my daughter would say.

thinking about heading up to skye or something, stopping for lunch at nice pub.

SVTONYB
13-05-06, 09:18 PM
Count me in.....I'll have to check the diary but I think I can make it

haggis
13-05-06, 09:53 PM
Hiya Nutty,

Just wondered, were you thinking of linking up to this?... (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=37534)
Or is it a there and back in a day type run?

I'll be working Saturday 'til early afternoon then heading down to the festival, catch some rays (hopefully) and getting into the fezzie vibe. 8)

Anonymous
14-05-06, 10:13 AM
Hiya Nutty,

Just wondered, were you thinking of linking up to this?... (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=37534)
Or is it a there and back in a day type run?

I'll be working Saturday 'til early afternoon then heading down to the festival, catch some rays (hopefully) and getting into the fezzie vibe. 8)

unfortunately haggis i need to be back for my daughter. bloody kids dont half cramp my freedom lol

carelesschucca
14-05-06, 10:42 AM
I should be up for a long rideout up early and lets get going...

Anonymous
14-05-06, 07:43 PM
cool the 3 muskateers :lol:

dirtydog
14-05-06, 08:12 PM

more like the 3 monkies :lol: :lol:

SVTONYB
14-05-06, 09:00 PM

more like the 3 monkies :lol: :lol:

Hey Dirty you can be Dogtanion and well be The Three Muskethounds :wink:

northwind
14-05-06, 10:14 PM
I was thinking Nutty would be the evil cat woman from that.

SVTONYB
14-05-06, 10:43 PM
She was a spy for the cardinal :roll:

Her name was Milady aka The Countess de Winter

northwind
14-05-06, 11:52 PM
Well, thank god you were here Tony! :)

Anonymous
15-05-06, 04:50 PM

cool so i can expect lots of bowing and calling me milady when we meet up. could get used to that :lol:

dirtydog
16-05-06, 08:10 AM

Jeez don't go giving her ideas !!!

scooby2102
16-05-06, 09:55 PM
sounds guid tae me - where are we going this time ?

Dicky Ticker
17-05-06, 05:26 PM
He low Bout time for the annual pilgrimage and I suppose the middle of June is as good as any other time,so depending on where you actually decide on I might be a contender.----------I'll keep on eye on this as the Irish/Scotish seems to be a non goer this year
Cheers
Mac

Anonymous
18-05-06, 07:04 AM
cool will be great if you can make it :lol:

STRAMASHER
19-05-06, 09:27 AM
Where are you thinking of going?

Skye and back? 8)

Not really too bothered where we go, but I should be there. Hopefully no snow this time ............ but who knows? :shock:

Anonymous
20-05-06, 07:16 PM
yeah never been to skye but heard the roads are quite good. saying that i dont really know how to get to skye.

haggis
21-05-06, 11:49 AM
Can I suggest a good route then?

I'll assume you're all able to get to Crianlarich/Tyndrum without my help. :wink:

From there head for Ft. William. 31miles.

Option 1:
Depending on your timing there is the option of the Mallaig road onto Skye with the ferry to Armadale and up to Broadford. This is about 40 miles. I did this road for the first time a couple of Sundays back. I can't stress how good it is for bikes. Wish I'd tried it years ago. Starts with big wide straights, into tight twisties (look out for gravel!) and back to more wide stuff. Cool. There are some roadworks with temp. surfaces after the ferry for a couple of miles but these are the only bits to worry about on this route. The (£12 bike and a bod) ferry takes about 30-40mins, and best to book up.

OR Option 2:
From Ft. Bills, head to Spean Brige, Invergarry and on towards Kyle of Lochalsh. About 76miles from Ft. William.

On Skye:
Skye is pretty big, and takes a minimum of 2 hours just to do the main loop - from Kyle, Slig, Dunvegan, Portree, Kyle.
I think you'd be better off heading just for Portree (36 miles from Kyle), a nice meal and a cuppa coffee in The Isles Inn in the square, and return by route 2 above.

On a Saturday you'll have no problems with fuel stops, all the ones at this end are open until about 6pm and some 'til 9pm. You're looking at about 400miles all in from Glasgow area. (Ferry would cut it down by a bit.)

HTH. :)

Anonymous
21-05-06, 02:02 PM
thanx haggis. 400 miles. wow. sore bums next day then :lol:

SVTONYB
23-05-06, 05:10 PM
thanx haggis. 400 sore bums next day then :lol:

:lol: :lol:

splund
24-05-06, 01:38 PM
Dag nabbit Nutty! Why is it that I'm always away when a rideout is organised. I just got new tyres too and would've looked forward to this.

Ah well, i will come along to one at some point in time.
:roll:

Anonymous
24-05-06, 03:35 PM
hope to see you at a rideout one day splund :lol:

stev
25-05-06, 11:06 AM
Are you guys serious about Skye AND Back in one day ?

I'd like to come along and meet some of the folks on the forum.

You planning a really early start I presume....

I'll order up some new wrists/forearms for Sunday 18 th........ :shock:

Stev

Anonymous
25-05-06, 05:52 PM
yeah still considering it. should be fun :lol:

Anonymous
30-05-06, 06:52 PM
just received this pm from justmac. what do you lot think?

can anyone get an overnight pass lol

Hi Hazel, Are the posse still up for a trip to Skye?and if they are would anybody be interested in an overnighter? Checked the SYA site and they have places at both Kyleakin [at the bridge] and Armadale [Ferry] although to be honest I would prefer
Kyleakin myself

Sound out any of the others that are going and see how the land lies as I think it could be a much easier trip with a few giggles if we stopped at the YH and went for a meal and a couple of beers,then rode back on the Sunday

SVTONYB
30-05-06, 08:14 PM
I might be able to manage an overnight stay..... will have to do a lot of grovelling and begging though :roll:

scooby2102
30-05-06, 09:37 PM
aye, I could stay overnight, nae problem, need to ask the fridge or poss the cooker :shock: (shirley valentine style)

yep, defo for me, thats the benefit of being single, nae brownie points to earn :wink:

carelesschucca
30-05-06, 10:48 PM
Oh now your asking for trouble... This could cause war... having said that I could use the hey doll we'll be together for the next 1300 weekends if we get this mortgage and the house, cause we'll be skint and won't be able to go anywhere...

GDBD59
30-05-06, 11:35 PM
just received this pm from justmac. what do you lot think?

Sound out any of the others that are going and see how the land lies as I think it could be a much easier trip with a few giggles if we stopped at the YH and went for a meal and a couple of beers,then rode back on the Sunday [/size]

I don't know if I'll be available or ready for a long run on the new bike, but it strikes me that if this was a single-day trip you'd all really be chasing the miles.
There would need to be far fewer stops than usual "Ecosse" rides & if anyone was a bit slower they wouldn't get the normal length break.

My mate Derek with the VFR went out with two guys he barely knew (VFR & Mille)
& they went as far as Skye. Big tank ranges on these bikes & very little stopping.
The trip from the east side was nearly 500 mls.

Either a two-dayer or reduce the route.
Or am I being too negative. :-k :pale:

northwind
31-05-06, 12:00 AM
I don't have an opinion, since I'm not going. But that's a brilliant smiley!