PDA

View Full Version : Furygan Oyster

northwind
19-05-06, 04:34 PM
Bit of a "first impressions". My Oyster jacket turned up yesterday, wore it around the house yesterday to loosen it up a little adn rode in it today... What a great jacket! I'm used to a FT Strike, which is competent but cheap- the quality here is so much better. Very solid construction, supple but still substantial leather, nice comfy lining (Alpinestars take note!), and it came with a thermal liner too. Even with it out I think it'll be hot in summer, this isn't your vented lightweight race jacket... Waterproofed too.

Zips are well protected, decent pockets, good armour- better standard back protector than you usually see, though I've removed that. It's also got retainers for Furygan's full back protector, should you want one.

Sizing wise, this is a medium... I'm 5'10 and not exactly built, and it's still pretty figure-hugging ;) The waist is spot on for me at 32", so a lot of people who consider themselves mediums could be disappointed... And the arms are just a little shorter than I'd like, I'm having some glove issues. The one bugbear is that the jacket in general lacks adjustment- there's compressor straps at the waist, but the adjustment leaps are too big to be useful (and as I say, it's not exactly generous in the waist either.) But still, armour stays where it should be, and once it breaks in properly it'll allow the arms to fall lower.

All in all, first impressions are pretty great. For £210 (£270 RRP) this is a pretty great jacket, seems that it should last.

Mr Toad
19-05-06, 04:48 PM
any pics :wink:

northwind
19-05-06, 05:59 PM
Nope :) Any pic would be marred by my mishapen visage.

But it looks like this:

http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/assets/system.image_vault/furygan_oyester_white.jpg

That pic seems to have 3 stripes on the arms, but there's just 2. Matches my bike 8) The back is nice, just a simple white outlined Furygan tigery-thing logo. Understated.

It's a slightly odd shape, it seems to stick out at the chest even though it actually doesn't, like my ex. Should break in nicely. Unlike my ex.

northwind
24-07-06, 03:46 PM
Got a few months in this jacket in... It's ace, love it :) I spent pretty much every waking moment on teh AR wearing it, it's comfy on and off the bike and was just as good at being a fair-weather jacket in teh sun as it was at keeping fairly heavy rain off. It's too hot for really hot days, no real venting to speak of, but that means it's warm enough that cold damp days are fine. All round, best bit of riding gear I've ever bought. Just don't expect it to be comfy on a really hot day, because it really won't be.

northwind
22-08-06, 02:18 AM
Yet another wee follow up... Got maybe 3000 miles on teh jacket now. When it leaks, it really leaks :roll: Water resistant to a point, then it's like opening a tap. Still, that was some test I put it to, and it did not badly. Dried out nicely without discolouring or stiffening, too.

DanF
09-02-07, 04:32 PM
Picked one of these up at the MCN Excel show, paid slightly more than you, £250 with the full backarmour included. Love the jacket so far, feels very solid, I've been able to ride to work in just a T-Shirt the thermal lining and jacket. Rode in on Thursday through snow and sleet and it coped fine, better than my Dainese D-Tec gloves but wouldn't want to face a full on rain storm in it.

http://www.furygan.fr/upload/catalogue/OYESTER/P_1OYESTER.jpg

http://www.furygan.fr/pages/catalogue/produit.php?id=123467