PDA

View Full Version : Highland Constabulary

Dicky Ticker
22-05-06, 08:55 AM
Just been informed that the said polis are having a blitz on bikers over the next month i.e.tax tyres plates ins cans,so heading north don't be surprised if you get a tug
N.B. Even large groups are getting a pull so don't depend on saftey in numbers

haggis
22-05-06, 04:11 PM
8-[

Kilted Ginger
22-05-06, 07:19 PM
I spoke to a friend in the fire brigade (biker) He'd been talkin to the thin blue line and they had purchased 2 unmarked bike in March that were away getting fitted out with video and speed cameras mounted in the front fairings and the panniers. He couldn't get confirmation but is pretty sure at least one of them is a pan european and they are being shared around the forces. they'll probably be on the raods to knockhill next weekend. :x

stev
25-05-06, 11:26 AM
They showed these bikes on the Scottish TV News

Black and silver Pan Euros........... Riders were in Black

Apparently the Pan goes into a speed wobble if pushed above the ton , so ...

keep the cruising speed up :shock:

Stev

Dicky Ticker
25-05-06, 02:25 PM
That wil be an ace bike for Nutty's "wibbly wobbly way" then Just as long as he doesn't have a wibble when it should be a wobble

dazzerj
05-06-06, 08:51 PM
Hi all

I was a little alarmed when I read this post, then saw the date on it! It's now Monday and my mate and I returned south on Saturday after spending a fantastic week based in Newtonmore (just south of Inverness for anybody who doesn't know). Me on my SV and him on his '06 CBR600RR had the most brilliant week of tyre wearing I've ever enjoyed. Based on the A86, we travelled out to Spean Bridge everyday then headed of in different directions covering a total of 2,290 miles over the week. We, thankfully, saw virtually no Police, except on the way back from Kyle of Lochalsh, when they seemed to be filming another episode of... oh whatever it's called, (I never watch so can't remember) and they were just holding up traffic whilst the camera was rolling. For anybody who's never been north of Scotland's major cities, I recommend it to you. A86, A82, A816, there are very few awful roads. We had to take a trip into Inverness on Friday for me to buy a new tyre, I wore one out whilst having fun, then there were coppers round every corner! We saw more of them in 3 hours than the entire previous five days!

But I envy all of you Celtic Cousins your roads in Summer. Thank you Scotland for such an envigorating break.

instigator
06-06-06, 12:16 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Number paltes...we all have to adhere to these rules, why bother crossing the line and handing them free money? Because it "looks" better? Is it REALLY worth that much?

And exhausts...well, road legal ones are available...e stamped and all that...most bobbies couldn't tell if the bafle was in or not. And if you get halted at a stop, you jam on the anchors and pull aside jsut before the police inspection bit (if you can), lift the seat up, insert baffle, seat back on and then ride on over to them....;) Well, that's my plan. :oops:

Re: dazzerj - Good to hear!!!!