PDA

View Full Version : Tyres around these parts

Mark_h
27-05-06, 07:30 PM
I appreciate this should probably live in the tyres thread, but any recommendations for tyre supply/fit local to Fleet? I've heard good things about Micheldever Tyres, but anyone got any local fitters that you'd rate higher.

And Following extensive research by reading a couple of "what tyre" threads before terminal boredom set in, anyone got any scare stories about Metz Z6's? I'm a reasonably sedate rider wanting decent tyre life and confidence inspiring grip when popping down to Alton on the A339.

Cheers,
Mark

falc
29-05-06, 06:59 AM
The Z6's are good tyres for the SV I have heard, a good place near to you would be...

Roadwheel Tyre & Exhaust Ltd
01252 617788
113-115 Kings Road, Fleet, GU51 3DP

I had my front changed recently and they are quick and you dont need to book in advance, just phone to make sure they have the right tyres there.

Mark_h
29-05-06, 04:49 PM
Cheers. Less than half a mile from my house but did not even remember they were there. Will get a quote.

DanAbnormal
29-05-06, 06:58 PM
I went to roadwheel once after breaking down and they treated me like ****e. Never again will I spend money there. Previously I phoned them to see if they had tyres for a Zephyr, and after much huffing and puffing they just said no. So I asked if they could get some in and they said probably. Great service!

There is a place in Slough called Berkshire Motorcycle Centre which is a million times better but a little further from you.