PDA

View Full Version : Simple black leather trousers? Must have hip armour

northwind
27-05-06, 08:21 PM
I'm sort-of looking for a pair of leather trousers to go with my Furygan jacket, which is black with white stripes. Obviously that calls for either black, or black and white... And understated, no big mad logos.

One thing which is critical for me is it's got to have real hip armour, my right one wouldn't stand up to an impact. So no padding, CE only, and the bigger the better.

Not so bothered about knee sliders, to be honest, I don't really do that on the road and I'll still have my old FT leathers in the cupboard should I choose to. But having said that, they'd not put me off either.

http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/images/prodpics/127011-2.jpg

These aren't far off perfect, but they don't fit :(

Samnooshka
29-05-06, 06:28 PM
Hein gericke do a range of black trousers in a variety of shapes and sizes and prices. Also depending how much you want to spend there is the alpine stars and arlen ness black pants all come with armour. As for hip armour they should come with ready made pockets to slip hip armour into, can get it for £15.99 from HG's, if there are no pockets they can be poppered into the lining.

If you are finding fit a problem then try taking them to a leather taylors, that way they'll fit you perfectly and they'll add velcro for knee sliders if thats what you're after, or try buying made to measure pants, if you go to the right places they are not too expensive.

How is fit a problem for you if you don't mind me asking?? length, too small, too big??

Sammy

northwind
29-05-06, 06:37 PM
With those HG ones, they come in 30 and 32 waist... 32 too loose, 30 too tight :( They don't have any adjustment. I've thought about just getting them and having them nipped in by a tailer though.

There's loads out there, obviously, what I'm relaly hoping for is some actual recommendations. Arlen Ness seem solid but a bit gaudy, don't like the way they plaster their logo on things.

Samnooshka
29-05-06, 07:14 PM
if they fit in all the right places then go with the 32 and get them taken in baring in mind that the 30 waist will become the 32 waist after they have broken in. allow for a stretch of 60%. so depending how tight the 30's are depends on whether they'll be any good for you.

Sammy

northwind
29-05-06, 08:03 PM
Cheers!

***Steve***
06-06-06, 11:28 AM
How's the Oyster working out for you NW?

Gotta say this is exactly what I've been looking for. Black, understated but 8) Had my eye on a similar style Dainese but couldn't get hold of it in the end. Where did you get it for $210? everywhere I'm looking has it for $270

northwind
06-06-06, 07:50 PM
It's working just lovely :) Maybe too warm- it's not really vented, so the second you stop it's murder. But it's a great jacket.