PDA

View Full Version : Shall we try and organise the Knockhill thing again?

northwind
29-05-06, 01:02 AM
We were so close last time! So close...

http://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/schedule.php

Mon 12th- that's a fortnight away- £40 for a track evening. Sounds good to me, any takers?

scooby2102
29-05-06, 01:43 AM
will check oot ma diary northy and let you know

Anonymous
29-05-06, 09:31 AM
count me in and maybe dirty dog :lol:

carelesschucca
29-05-06, 09:57 AM
OHHHH I'm so tempted...

northwind
29-05-06, 02:07 PM
Go on, you know you want to ;)

jim@55
29-05-06, 04:40 PM
ill b up for that ,,how many do we need?

northwind
29-05-06, 05:27 PM
Not really a fixed number, the session's on regardless... It's just getting the critical number of people you know to make it fun :)

jim@55
29-05-06, 05:41 PM
well how many so far ,1,2? reallistically (sp) we'll need about what ,6? i dont think 6,ll b a problem ,i can do the 40 quid bit but ideally id like a bit of track tuition as well ,,i wouldnt want to bin it.any tips for track tuition ,do knockhill do it ?i know you can get tuition down south ,but up here :?

northwind
29-05-06, 06:12 PM
Knockhill do tuition, but not in the evening sessions... It makes it a hell of a lot pricier too. But it's Niall Mackenzie that does the intermediate and advanced courses 8) There was one today, funnily enough, I totally forgot it was on.

I've sent them an email askign when the next training day is, I fancy it too... But it's not cheap.

scooby2102
29-05-06, 10:58 PM
Check this out, although its a wee bit away, the price seems ok considering you can use their leathers, helmets etc but you also get to use their bikes as well - save possibly throwing our own down the track :shock:

http://www.haslamraceschool.com/

go to the Premier link

All packages include: All leathers, boots, gloves and helmets will be supplied (if required). Fully comprehensive insurance is provided, this also includes personal accident cover.

northwind
30-05-06, 10:48 AM
There's another Niall Mac day on, I think, the 16th of July at Knockhill... Bit more convenient :)

northwind
30-05-06, 11:34 AM
Meant to say, we don't need 6... Thinking back, last time I was there with an SV650 gang it was me, Nutty, Baz, Jimmy and possibly Wee Gaz? Plus assorted hangers-on ;) I reckon even 3 or 4 is enough to make it more enjoyable.

STRAMASHER
30-05-06, 03:41 PM
S**t.

I was hoping that "Lets go for a hoon round Knockhill" thread had gone for good! :lol: ....... so I did not need to even consider taking part again, dwelling on it for days :) , the tinkering off the bike the night before 8) , the smell of fresh rubber :shock: :lol: , the nerves, :? , the thought of a cart-wheeling SV destroying its self through the sand-pit :( ..............hmmm :lol: :lol:

Have not done a track day in years ,but there was usually some club/national standard of racers on road bikes on-hand for friendly advice and quite happy to show you lines,braking points etc.

At the end of the day its a fantastic bike experience , a must-do....

err, a must do for me, when I get some leathers :( . Don't allow you out to play with grandaddy textiles, do they?

S**t.

northwind
30-05-06, 05:47 PM
Booo! BOOOOOOO!

Careless, you've gone very quiet up the back.

carelesschucca
30-05-06, 09:50 PM
I'mn going near no track till I get these F*%King brakes sorted they're still as squidgy as hell... Its getting worrying... I'm almost tempted to got to MOM!!!

gavhogg
30-05-06, 10:55 PM
I'm up for the 12th!! :D

As an observer of course!!

Watch and Learn! Watch and Learn! :wink:

northwind
30-05-06, 11:15 PM
I'm not going to mention what happened last time you went as an observer- you'd be safer on the track ;)

northwind
30-05-06, 11:50 PM
Ps, if anyone demolishes their bike, I'll help put it back together ;) I'm going to pre-demolish mine and get all my spare, pre-crashed parts on, saves time later.

*edit* That probably wasn't entirely reassuring :) The trackday disclaimer remains, you can have a great time without risking crashing- a lot of people treat it as a closed road rather than a racetrack, and that's a key to a great, safe day. And we've got a not bad rep... Of the last 2 that I can think of, we had 7 people on track (I think, me included twice) and only 2 crashes- no injuries, no serious damage.

Shut up, Dean. I'm trying to encourage people here, they don't need to hear about your track record.

If you keep your head, you're no more likely to crash on a trackday than a rideout. Probably less, in fact.

Anonymous
31-05-06, 03:07 PM
done 5 track days at knockhill now. did 1st one 3 months after passing my test and was lapped by a 250 trials bike :oops:

its good fun and provided you can keep you head relatively safe. i use it to practise braking as i try not to do it on the road, also to see how far i can lean it in the corners.

its a good night and im looking forward to it. will be taking it easy as i have to ride home. lol

carelesschucca
31-05-06, 10:38 PM
I ain't said anything... Gies a break, stupid is as stupid does!!!

northwind
31-05-06, 11:25 PM
So are you coming then? Hmmmmmm?

carelesschucca
01-06-06, 04:14 PM
If I get the brakes sorted!!! Still not happy with them specially for a track day...

Anonymous
01-06-06, 05:14 PM
If I get the brakes sorted!!! Still not happy with them specially for a track day...

whats the worse that can happen?

again

:lol:

Quedos
01-06-06, 05:31 PM
No guesses for my answer.

Would come to spectate(laugh shoulder to cry on hugs etc) but I'm off to a cocktail making evening in Glasgow.

gavhogg
01-06-06, 06:12 PM
I'm not going to mention what happened last time you went as an observer- you'd be safer on the track ;)

Hah! your probably right mate, however I still wouldn't trust myself on the track. I would either:

a. drive faster than my experience would allow, resulting in the inevitable :twisted:

or

b. be lapped more times than I can count! :oops:

PS: As I recall it was bloody foggy the last time we went, thats my excuse anyway :wink: :lol:

northwind
01-06-06, 08:36 PM
It was bloody awful on the way home, you're right. I was just following you :)

northwind
07-06-06, 06:22 PM
Right, I've cajoled my boss into letting me away early, so I'm definately heading up. Who else?

carelesschucca
07-06-06, 10:16 PM
I'm a no but I shall come up to have a gander

northwind
07-06-06, 11:14 PM
PS, if it rains I'm going to the pub instead ;)

gavhogg
08-06-06, 02:20 PM
I'm still going Northy, just to watch you do the business of course! :wink:

What time you setting off then?

Anonymous
08-06-06, 03:38 PM
cant make it now. cant get a sitter :cry:

northwind
08-06-06, 04:29 PM
I'm still going Northy, just to watch you do the business of course! :wink:

What time you setting off then?

I'm knocking off work at 4pm and heading straight over... I'll need to meet you up there though, won't have much time to spare I suspect. Don't expect dazzling works of Rossi-esque genius ;)

Drop me a PM with your mobile #, I'll let you know if I'm not going to make it...

carelesschucca
11-06-06, 10:34 PM
I won't be there at all I'm at the Mortgage shop :shock: :shock:

northwind
11-06-06, 11:20 PM
Forecast isn't so good... If it's really bad I'm going to call it off- though I'll be rather annoyed if I do, I just spent 3 hours changing all my bodywork over :)

ianofbhills
12-06-06, 06:22 AM
:( doesnt look very promising does it.

was gonna go but i think i'll wait untill i see what its like this afternoon before deciding.

northwind
12-06-06, 01:47 PM
Might be a bit premature, but it's looking pretty nice now, here- I reckon the sunshine we have here will be over Knockhill in about 2 hours.

gavhogg
12-06-06, 07:58 PM
So much for going to the track night :(

Slept in this morning :evil: this in turn meant that I had to work late to finish the job I was doing! :( Didn't get home until 7.30pm! :evil:

How was it Northy?

ianofbhills
12-06-06, 08:43 PM
fully booked thats how it was :(

I didnt want to pre book because last time i did that the heavens opened and i didnt enjoy it very much getting wet ( fair weather rider and all that) I planned on turning up early and seeing if i could get a place....

Nope fully booked up with track bikes and people with sparky titanium kneesliders that "are'nt allowed"
I could have had a go in the advanced group and get eaten alive jeez some of them are fast!!!! Chose not to bother and just had a look at all of the nice bikes there and watched.

still was pretty good to watch and my ride home was entertaining :)

Northwinds rat bike with his old knackered bodywork fully crash prepped up was comedy and worth the trip alone :lol:

northwind
12-06-06, 09:06 PM
It's staying like that for a while as well... How the mighty fall :)

Still, not a bad evening. Pretty clean as well, relatively few falls despite them abandoning hte 2-sessions system and goign for one mighty open pitlane. Annoying to miss out, mind.