PDA

View Full Version : July ride out.

Pages : [1] 2

splund
08-06-06, 07:43 PM
Ok peeps, I was thinking that instead of getting cheesed off about missing every event, I thought I would try and organise a ride out myself. As i've only been riding for 18months, the pace will be at begginer level. Also i've never met any of you before so I thought it would be good to see some faces. I encourage all newbies to come along because I don't want to be the only person there who doesn't know anybody.

So who's up for a day out early July?

I suggest the route used for the 09/04/06 run.

Anonymous
08-06-06, 08:00 PM
a few of us are going on a run on 8th July that you are more than welcome to come along to. its a weekend job tho in shrewsbury. annual run 06 :lol:

jim@55
08-06-06, 09:22 PM
go splund ,,,take the bull by the horns an that :wink: sounds good to me ,and i think theyrll b a few (loads)who cant/dont want too make ar06 right so far thats 2!!!give it time,give it time(ps anywhere in mind??)

gavhogg
08-06-06, 10:31 PM
I'd like to go mate but I'll be off on me hols in the costa somewhere 8)

Quedos
09-06-06, 07:59 AM
I'm up for it as always :wink:

haggis
09-06-06, 09:40 AM
Just so we all know what the route was on 09/04, here you go....

clicky for last time (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?p=510008#510008)

jim@55
09-06-06, 06:41 PM
yeah haggis, that route wasnt really followed all the way ,wew got up to around the service station at mid lux (or is it lix?)and all split up for home .the snow was heavy .and visibility was very poor.good run though poor jimmy ,he wasnt too happy ,it was his plan and we were thwarted by the weather ,oh well next time eh :riding: heres hoping

Quedos
09-06-06, 06:52 PM
oh crap!

forgot about the dukes pass :?

jimmy4237
11-06-06, 11:02 AM
If you're using my route for the 8th July run, then keep your eye on the weather forecast first... it can change quite dramatically as we found out :lol: :lol:

I've no complaints at a second bash at that run. Count me in. Cumbernauld at 10am leaving 10:30 sharp..

TT was good fun, if a little expensive, and they've put more speed restrictions around the course. Where it used to be a 60 zone is now a forty or even a 30 :( :(
The Manx police caught quite a few folk. One person caught doing 39 in a 20 zone was fined 6 points and £800 :shock: :shock:

Next year will either go abroad or go to Europe. Maybe cheaper.

scooby2102
11-06-06, 02:52 PM
yeah haggis, that route wasnt really followed all the way ,wew got up to around the service station at mid lux (or is it lix?)and all split up for home

except me, me did the full route, tough or whit 8)

was like a friggin snowman though and me nadgers had dissappeared up into me stomach :shock:

count me in for this one as I wont manage the AR06

is it the 8th for defo, if so I can start to plan ?

Beaniebike
12-06-06, 08:35 PM
I would love to come but I have my sister in law's 30th birthday party to go to. Maybe next time cos I would love to meet more of you lot.

Beaniebike
12-06-06, 08:37 PM
Incidentally, some of us from the Biker Babe forum (well, 3 at the moment to be precise) are gping out for a run on Saturday. Anyone else up for it?

Anonymous
13-06-06, 06:36 AM
a couple of us are supposed to be going out on saturday but no route yet and dont know who is coming. not particularly well organised. but im out to play :lol:

Beaniebike
13-06-06, 03:23 PM
a couple of us are supposed to be going out on saturday but no route yet and dont know who is coming. not particularly well organised. but im out to play :lol:

LOL - sounds as well organised as ours!!! So far, 2 of us are meetiung at harthill then going through edinburgh way to meet up with someone else! Thats about as far as we have got!!!

DAX
13-06-06, 05:52 PM
Hi folks
ive been on this forum for a while now mostly looking for tips and help. i ride an 02 curvey multi coloured coz i bought it with a pranged fairing. thinking of meeting up with some of you guys and girls maybe on this run. Is it only sv's on this run coz some of my mates fom the carnoustie bikes forum might come along too ? 8)

Anonymous
13-06-06, 06:39 PM
not exclusive sv we play with anyone :lol:

Quedos
13-06-06, 10:51 PM
not exclusive sv we play with anyone :lol:

Nutty you really shouldn't say things like that - you know people wil get the wrong idea [-X

I'm up for being an exclusive SV member soon!!!! Need all the ride out experience i can get. Just let me go at the back again and i'll catch up

jim@55
13-06-06, 11:01 PM
err,,,so is this an actual rideout or just people talking about their plans??whats happ here :?

Beaniebike
14-06-06, 03:44 PM
err,,,so is this an actual rideout or just people talking about their plans??whats happ here :?

LOL - well, don't think we can call mine an actual ride out, cos that kinda suggests that we all know where we are going. However, 2 (maybe 3 of us) are meeting at Harthill, and going through towards Edinburgh way to meet up with someone else. Meeting at 10:30 at Harthill. Would be great if some of yoiu nlot could come along too. Don't envisage it to be a speed freek ride out, but it shouyld be a laugh.

splund
20-06-06, 04:23 PM
Hi all, there seems to be some interest so i think i will organise something for sure. a couple of words for all thats been joining in the conversation.

BIG Thank you to Haggis for the Map and directions. I would advise everyone to bring a copy along in their pockets in case they get lost or something. I will bring some spare print outs with me though.

Dax, please do come along and i'm sure we wont bite the heads off of anyone riding something other than an SV.

Everyone else that says they will give at a go, you get a big thumbs up and thank you for supporting us newbies.

I was thinking Sunday 9th because I'm hoping there will be less traffic to worry about and it would provide a day's riding for those of us not going for a weekend with Nutty, down south. :lol: :oops:

If anyone is not up for the full route turning of at "7" and heading over to Dunblane would appear to be about 1/3rd distance and at "8" heading over to Crief, 2/3rd distance. So there are some easy options and we can discuss them on the day, it doesn't have to be now.

So, hands up of you're going to come along then?

splund
20-06-06, 04:29 PM
Also a Big Big BIG Thank you to Jimmy, for coming up with the route in the first place.

:wink:

jim@55
20-06-06, 05:00 PM
gets my vote ,,any route ..start counting ....1 -2 er.... :wink:

Anonymous
20-06-06, 05:00 PM
hope you all have a good day :lol:

peterco
20-06-06, 10:33 PM
I should be able to make 9 july run.
Have looked at Haggis's direction looks OK.
Hope to see you All then.
pete

Quedos
21-06-06, 07:15 AM
I'm up for it tho if weather ain't up to it sorry won't be there woss of the biggest kind.

Might be up on the new bike but I'll have a copy of the map so just let me go at the back and I'll catch you all up later. (like 3 hours) :D

Kilted Ginger
21-06-06, 08:48 AM
:? Should be good, hope you enjoy yourselves, Unfortunately cant get my bike booked in for its first service until the following week and I'd be slow enough without having to keep the revs down (provided I've done 600 miles by then.) :cry:

STRAMASHER
21-06-06, 08:53 AM
Sorry folks, its another no-show from me. Getting stocious in a field that weekend. Tin The Park! 8) 8)

Have a good one :wink:

Quedos
21-06-06, 09:59 AM
:? Should be good, hope you enjoy yourselves, Unfortunately cant get my bike booked in for its first service until the following week and I'd be slow enough without having to keep the revs down (provided I've done 600 miles by then.) :cry:

You can keep me company then. You shouldn't not go because you think you might be slow its great experience and the rest of wait for you. There's no pressure to go fast and keep up. I've been there try and keep up on a 250 when its your first rideout.

Come along if dry, grab some experience and get some faces to names. its a great experience besides I could do with the company at the back! :lol: :riding:

colinbal4
22-06-06, 09:04 AM
I'm up for it. At the moment I can't think of anything stopping me (my wife might have something planned though). Unless she thinks of something else pre-booked for the 9th and the weather is not feckin horrendous, I'll be there.

Ginger, do stick to your running in period, but don't let that stop you. 5.5 thou on an SV is 75mph and you've got bags of vee twin torque. I've just been through the same with mine. The only frustration can be the power to get past cars that are already doing 60-70 mph.

Group riders won't push you to go any faster than you are happy with ('cos thats how folk get killed). The front riders will stop every so often to wait for you, have a fag, and enjoy the scenery. If another rider doesn't understand that your inexperienced and wait for you, then their not very good mates and you shouldn't be riding with them anyway ('cos their putting you in danger!).

See you on the 9th?

splund
23-06-06, 07:50 AM
I'm up for it tho if weather ain't up to it sorry won't be there woss of the biggest kind. ... :D

Think of it as "character building" :D

splund
23-06-06, 07:56 AM
Ok folks, as i've never done this before is there any basic rules we should follow or good practice tips, or things i should take with me that would/could be useful.

Any advise from the experienced group riders and ride out organisers in the forum would be appreciated.

Cheers :wink:

northwind
23-06-06, 12:11 PM
GO AT YOUR OWN PACE! Know the route as much as you can, the last thing you want to do is have to try and keep up with the nutters because you don't know the way home. Take a map, take a print of the route, all that. Get some mobile numbers too, most of the regulars have at least a few of the others' numbers- though a lot of the good roads are in the middle of nowhere and have bad coverage, so don't depend on it.

Practically everything I've ever seen go wrong with a rideout has either been someone going too fast for comfort (yes, it was me as often as not) for whatever reason, or people getting lost.

colinbal4
23-06-06, 02:23 PM
I'm no expert on leading rideouts, but good ones I have been on have

1. handed out maps at the meet point
2. had pre-determined break points marked on the maps so everyone knows where they will find you waiting if they get left behind
3. use two organisers, one at the front and one bringing up the rear. Both organisers wear Hi-Vis so everyone can see at a glance the front and back of the group.
4. ask folk to let an organiser know in advance if they intend to separate and where on the route

Tiger 55
26-06-06, 12:03 PM
Now I haven't organised a babysitter yet but I'm going to get to this event or perish in the attempt! I have one question now and then many. many more when I see you...

How long will we be out for all told? Apart from the weans, I'd hate to miss England in the World Cup final :lol:

Kilted Ginger
26-06-06, 01:20 PM
Now I haven't organised a babysitter yet but I'm going to get to this event or perish in the attempt! I have one question now and then many. many more when I see you...

How long will we be out for all told? Apart from the weans, I'd hate to miss England in the World Cup final :lol:

:D I'm sure we'll be back long before 2026 :roll:

nikki_sv400s
26-06-06, 02:31 PM
myself and sennamontoya (my other half ) will hopefully be joining you but we are more than likely goin to meet you and lochearn head we need to know roughly what time you think you will be there at...

northwind
26-06-06, 04:10 PM
Careful; where you plan to meet at Lochearnhead, the 45's closed down :(

nikki_sv400s
26-06-06, 06:44 PM
well we could meet up about that area, we are fairly felixable that way as we r from dundee....so wont take us long at all to get there....we just need to know where and when.... :lol:

jimmy4237
26-06-06, 09:01 PM
So we're going out on the 9th July affirmative??? Bugger, there's a classic car, truck and bike show at Glamis Castle on the 8th & 9th. I could do Glamis on the 8th and do the bike run on the 9th.

All westies meet up at Cumbernauld for 10am same place leaving at 10:30 sharp.
I should have the Ninja on the road by the 9th as I'm selling the SV Thou. One year old and done 7500 miles :? Time to either sorn the bike or sell it on. Cannae afford to keep both bikes.

Anybody here interested in a mint thou SV?? The forum peeps here know how well it's looked after. Doesn't need any aftermarket stuff like a hugger, fairings, tail tidy, etc, cos it's got all that stuff and more. PM me for a full spec if interested. Going for a good price.

colinbal4
26-06-06, 09:47 PM
Westies meet 10am at the Shell Garage/Roadchef on A80....:-~ ??

Is that the one at the Wardpark Industrial Estate/Airport/Castlecarry turnoff???

Going North it's just after a garden centre with a kiddies playpark in the grounds???

Thanks. (Sorry not too familiar with Cumbernauld).

Quedos
27-06-06, 09:48 AM
So we're going out on the 9th July affirmative??? Bugger, there's a classic car, truck and bike show at Glamis Castle on the 8th & 9th. I could do Glamis on the 8th and do the bike run on the 9th.

All westies meet up at Cumbernauld for 10am same place leaving at 10:30 sharp.
I should have the Ninja on the road by the 9th as I'm selling the SV Thou. One year old and done 7500 miles :? Time to either sorn the bike or sell it on. Cannae afford to keep both bikes.

What do you mean you can't afford two???!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I can anyone can!

Colinbal - that the right one - the one with the cheapest fuel so far!!

Tiger 55
27-06-06, 09:51 AM
And I hate to keep banging on about it, but roughly how long will it take?

Depending on numbers...and the weather....and the pace of the slowest....and the length of the fag breaks...and the number of the fag breaks....and if I get lost....and if Mr Plod turns up....

But, you know, roughly? :D

Quedos
27-06-06, 09:56 AM
The last time we made it to Lix toll and back it was about 2pm when we got back but it was snowy and stopped off for coffee at stirling (Al next one on me!)
So full run allow 4 hours?!?!

Anyone else wanna take any guesses - I'm female so i'm probably well out!!!

Anonymous
27-06-06, 05:07 PM
usually the runs last from 10 am ish and finish about 4 ish. but can be cut shorter depending on peoples plan etc. depends on amount of stops too. more stops longer the rideout but less miles. boy can some of the bods talk lol

northwind
27-06-06, 06:24 PM
What do you mean you can't afford two???!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think your two combined cost less than Jimmy's insurance though ;)

scooby2102
27-06-06, 08:42 PM
So guys & gals, is it definitely the 9th July ? (in case I have missed the obvious)

colinbal4
27-06-06, 09:40 PM
Yep, definately the 9th. Mention of the 8th was just a red herring as this was the local alternative to the AR06, so it was originally thought this would be the 8th. But no, definately the 9th!

jimmy4237
27-06-06, 09:48 PM
9th July Run Confirmed.

Westies meet at the Shell Garage just off the A80. We met last time in the Little Chef car park. Lets hope the weather holds up this time.

Yes Northy, the SV insurance is a group 15, whilst the ZX9R is a group 16. HGV drivers get a hard time when it comes to insurance (professional high risk dangerous job)So I'm getting prepared to get my ass raped :lol: :lol: That's why I can't afford to keep the SV as well. Old faither is buying the thou off me (it's a partial confirmed buyer), so at least I can get access to it whenever I want some riding sanity. ((Still can't afford to pay me for the SV until he pays the quarterly tax bill, and recovers again)). That's the only downside. Plus he's got to try and sell his '99 Bandit 600 first as well :roll: :roll:

Project ZX9R is getting there. Still got to change the oil & filter, remove and clean the downpipes, sand and polish the rear heel guards. Find some replacement nuts for the mirror (one missing). Also fit the carbon race can (Got with the bike). Also give it a major polishing session and go mad with the autosol... Not to mention check the 6 piston brakes for worn pads / sticky sliders. I'll get there....

It's got a private plate fitted, but I can't be bothered spending £105 to put the plate into retention.. The plate's worth about £400 separately. It means changing the V5 document too many times.

Folk coming from Dundee - if we manage to leave on time (10:30am), then we'll plan on being at Lochearnhead for about 1:30 to 2pm. Head out from Dundee to Perth to Crieff along the A85. Someone PM from Dundee me a mobile number so
we can let each group know an arrival time. Only fair...

DAX
27-06-06, 10:47 PM
hi again ok a few of us from the carnoustie forum intend to come down for this ride can i get a map in advance so we can work out whare to meet you,we want to catch the southern most part of the ride inc the famous a81 dukes pass someone keeps ranting on about.lol might meet you at aberfoyle or even cumbernauld, its gona be around 250 miles trip for us so we need more info. will let you know if were definitly coming and how many nearer the time. we have 3 sv's in our forum and someone looking for one.

http://www.carnoustiebikers.co.uk/forum/portal.php

independentphoto
27-06-06, 10:53 PM
Sorry folks, been a bit lapse with this one - all sorts going on lately inc Quedos' new SV which is being checked through & fettled.

Anyway.............

HERE (http://www.independentphoto.co.uk/media/sv650/rideouts06/rideout090406.pdf) is the map as before.

The more the merrier............. 8)

Cheers,
Garry :wink:

splund
28-06-06, 03:34 PM
Tiger 55, the map shows a total run time, including stops is 6hours. Other people have done the run befoure and they might have a better idead. Anyway I'm going to go around the route this weekend just to familiarise myself with it. I think as organiser, i ought to know where i'm going. So i will let everyone know how long it takes me.

Nikki_sv400s, the map also has way-point details and says we'll be there at 13:13, again though i will confirm this when i go around the route this weekend.

Dax, if your comming from Carnoustie i think you would enjoy the run via Perth then Lochearnhead and you could actualy go over the Dukes pass and pick us up at Aberfoyle and then go back over it again. Alternatively if you want to come from the start at Cumbernauld you might be better going over the Tay Bridge, through Fife and over the Kincardine Bridge then you just follow the main road towards Glasgow, passing our starting point at Cumbernauld.

Just to confirm, the run is on Sunday 9th July

splund
28-06-06, 03:49 PM
The starting point is here. The Shell Station is next door to the Little Chef.

Little Chef
Old Inns,
Glasgow,
G68 0BJ

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=little+chef,+G68+0BJ&ie=UTF8&ll=55.967832,-3.968816&spn=0.015492,0.037036&om=1

DAX
28-06-06, 04:21 PM
thanks for help guys will put this up on our forum and see whos coming. 8)

suicidesam
28-06-06, 06:13 PM
Quick question... Can you get into the litle chef carpark from the Castlecary road? I've never noticed an entry point from the other side?

I might be able to join in for the first part of the run, don't think i can escape long enough to do the full day though :(

jimmy4237
28-06-06, 08:33 PM
You can get into the Little Chef car park through the services no problems. Plenty of room.

SVTONYB
28-06-06, 08:40 PM
Quick question... Can you get into the litle chef carpark from the Castlecary road? I've never noticed an entry point from the other side?
(

The last time we attempted this run I came off at the garden centre cut off and came into the the little chef car park to discover that the entrance to the service station doubles as an entrance to the little chef car park...... in short ..... yes. :lol:

SVTONYB
28-06-06, 08:42 PM
so who is all going then do we have a list so as not to forget anyone.

PS count me in 8)

colinbal4
28-06-06, 10:09 PM
I'm a confirmed attendee.
Colin Balfour, red pointy SV650 K6
I'll PM a mobile number and reg plate to Splund.
I'll be at the little chef car park at 10am.
I may have my wife on pillion, depending on if she fancies it on the day.

Kilted Ginger
29-06-06, 08:57 AM
Ariel view of little chef for those that dont know the area.
you can switch between map and photo and zoom in / out at your leisure.
http://LOCAL.LIVE.COM/

Anonymous
29-06-06, 01:44 PM

PS count me in 8)

thought you were going to come to annual run you wuss

Quedos
29-06-06, 04:59 PM
Nutty leave our riders alone!!!

Just cos you're going the easy way down besides we want as many experienced riders as poss otherwise it just be us newbies :wink:

northwind
29-06-06, 06:09 PM
Yep, I'm sure if Tony could fly down the be handed the keys to a new bike he'd go too :)

Tiger 55
29-06-06, 07:54 PM
Tiger 55, the map shows a total run time, including stops is 6hours.

Hey, just call me Tiger :) I think 6 hours is a little more babysitter than we can conjure up at this stage, but I'll be there for some of it at least. Of course, if the wife does looks after the weans I can do the whole thing nae tother a ba.

Took delivery from Cupar yesteday, 75 miles of glorious sunshine back to Weegee Central - tyres run in - and then me & Mrs T up to the Carbeth Inn. 15 bikes in at 9 o'clock on a Wednesday night, good to be back. Mind you, wobbled off like a right eejit at 5500rpm...

SVTONYB
29-06-06, 11:36 PM

PS count me in 8)

Guilty as charged :roll:

Make no excuses ahm jist no goin :oops:

SVTONYB
29-06-06, 11:38 PM
Yep, I'm sure if Tony could fly down the be handed the keys to a new bike he'd go too :)

If I was promised a new bike I'd walk down :wink:

dirtydog
30-06-06, 06:22 AM

it's not new........ it's a W reg :wink: :lol: :lol:

dirtydog
30-06-06, 06:24 AM

PS count me in 8)

Guilty as charged :roll:

Make no excuses ahm jist no goin :oops:

No excuses and no note from your mum!!!! just not good enough [-X [-X

Anonymous
30-06-06, 06:29 AM

it's not new........ it's a W reg :wink: :lol: :lol:

its new to me :lol:

scooby2102
01-07-06, 07:01 AM
Splund says :
Tiger 55, the map shows a total run time, including stops is 6hours. Other people have done the run befoure and they might have a better idead. Nikki_sv400s, the map also has way-point details and says we'll be there at 13:13

Splund, the times etc are generalised, i.e. set as average within autoroute itself as 70mph motorways, 50-60ish on A roads, 20-30 through towns etc.

Dont read too much into them although will be interesting to see how they compare when you do the run

splund
02-07-06, 02:00 PM
Hello again. Right I went around the route today and it was not without incident.

Anyway I was up early, filled my bike up, then set off for Cumbernauld. I found our starting point and was on my way at 08:45. Going great, 30 minutes later i was going through Strathblane, 15 minutes after that i was at Aberfoyle. 15 minutes after that (1 hr after leaving) I'd made it over the Dukes Pass.

Now i'm not sure if we are stopping at the Pub at the end of the Dukes Pass, or Turning right and going into the tourist type place about 200 yards along.

Regardless off i went towards Lochearnhead, and arived there 20 minutes later, what with traffic and all, picking by then. So for those who may join us at Lochearnhead, need to be there about 1hr30mins after we leave, so that would be 12midday then.

Mossying on and when i reach Crainlarich I though "Oh Sh*t, I'm going the wrong way. Yup I missed the turing towards Killin at Lix Toll. You'll see it, it's a filling station but you will notice the funny old looking Landrover with huge wheels, and its on your RIGHT, not your left as per the maps instructions. Lix Toll is about 5mins past Lochearnhead.

I added 35 - 40 minutes to my time by going all the way Crainlarich and comming back again. I didn't stop for fuel, and by the time i got to Aberfeldy i had done 130 miles and was praying for filling station. One was found, thankfully, but then the rain came on and i was dogged all the way back with the front cyclinder missfiring.

All in all I think we woudl be back for about 3pm.

SVFred
03-07-06, 01:35 PM
Just wanted to say Hi.

Am gonna come along on Sunday.

Will probably have my daughter as pillion since she's not been on the
bike for a few months, so was wondering if anyone else is gonna be 2-up?

Cheers

Fred

Tiger 55
03-07-06, 05:15 PM
Me and Mrs T will be 2 up, but probably wont make it all the way round.

For time reasons rather than falling off at the Dukes Pass reasons...

Quedos
04-07-06, 04:25 AM
So who's all going - need confirms!!!

Indie photo
Quedos
Splund
Big Al - said he was to me!
SVFred - 2 up
Tiger55 - 2 up
SVtonyB
Kilted Ginger
Colinbal4
Suicidesam
Jimmy 4237
DAX and poss mates
Scooby2102
Jim 55

Anyone I've forgotten :roll:

Kilted Ginger
04-07-06, 08:26 AM
8-[ Getting a little nervous about losing my dukes pass virgnity :pale: Is it possible for me to take the other road (port of menteith) or will this take too long or not any easier. Or am I getting first date jitters and really shouldn't be worrying :?: :smt117

colinbal4
04-07-06, 01:29 PM
I'm confirmed. Possible that I'll have my wife on pillion, but she will decide on the day depending upon what the clouds are doing, or if she has something really important to do like shopping! I'm on call for work so if the phone rings I'll have to turn round and go home, but I'll text someone so you know where I've gone at the next stop! Fingers crossed it won't ring!

Ginger - First date jitters, honestly, its as easy or hard as you make it, depending upon how fast you go! Take it steady and its no problem at all. We'll have a few guys running in new bikes, and a few 2 up, so my guess is this will be a ride for enjoying the scenery not for scratching the tarmac.

dirtydog
04-07-06, 04:13 PM
8-[ Getting a little nervous about losing my dukes pass virgnity :pale: Is it possible for me to take the other road (port of menteith) or will this take too long or not any easier. Or am I getting first date jitters and really shouldn't be worrying :?: :smt117

don't worry about it mate, first date jitters! just do it at your own pace and you'll be fine

Quedos
04-07-06, 08:16 PM

don't worry about it mate, first date jitters! just do it at your own pace and you'll be fine

Ditto. Go at your own pace though I might be chickening out dependingon what bike I've got.

DD - avatar from Harry the Dirty Dog??? Put me out my misery please

splund
04-07-06, 10:14 PM
Hey, I'm mega mega delighted that there's so many people intending to come along.

To all fellow newbies; Dont worry about the Dukes Pass, its not a fast road and we will wait for everyone at the other end. It's not like corners just jump out of the bushes at you, regardless of which bike your on... Quedos :) .

SVFred
05-07-06, 08:09 AM
Hi guys

Nobody worry about the Dukes Pass. It's a cracking road whether your chillin or
going nuts. Once you've ridden it you'll be looking forward to the next time. . . . .
. . . . . . . . Promise.

How's the cops been up that way? I've not been pulled for my cans or wee plate YET.

Cheers

Fred

dirtydog
05-07-06, 08:41 AM

Ditto. Go at your own pace though I might be chickening out dependingon what bike I've got.

DD - avatar from Harry the Dirty Dog??? Put me out my misery please

Chickening out? just do the pass, it's great! although i've only had chance to do it once :(

The avatar...

it is indeed Harry the Dirty Dog

jim@55
05-07-06, 10:06 PM
sorry guys an gals(hows about that then ,jingle jangle :wink: )i wont be coming ,boo :( im off to cyprus on sun ,yay :lol: have fun everybody and take it easy all. :wink:

suicidesam
05-07-06, 10:51 PM
Still not sure if i'm gonna make it.. The other half is working and i'm still tryin to find someone to look after the kids :x If i manage to get a kid sitter i'll pop along for the first part of the outing.

SVTONYB
06-07-06, 12:04 AM
I'm going to a charity night on Sat night so hopefully I wont be too hung over on Sunday 8)

Exi
06-07-06, 03:43 PM
Sign me up!

independentphoto
06-07-06, 11:18 PM
Just a quick heads up........................

...........Not that it should affect anybody directly, but the roundabout that is "Craiglinn Interchange" next to Broadwood Stadium (Clyde FC) and Broadwood Farm (Brewers Fayre) is going to be subject to closures on Sunday. Plenty of diversion signs will no doubt be in place should any of you encounter it.

Like I say, it shouldn't even be a concern since it certainly isn't part of the route - EH TONY? :lol:

Anyway- looking forward to Sunday and the nice weather [-o< that we'll be having. Just no snow this time please.

Cheers,

Garry 8)

colinbal4
07-07-06, 10:28 PM
I'm fast getting obsessed with Sunday's weather, but right now met office and BBC's websites don't tell a great story!!

Can everybody log on here first thing on Sunday morning if the weather is crap?

Just to confirm attendance again. Don't want to be sitting at Cumbernauld alone at 10:35 hunting for another SV.

Light rain won't stop me as my gear is pretty waterproof and I'm keen to meet some of you guys, but if it's really heavy and the roads have standing water then the bike will be staying in the garage I'm afraid. No point in risking an off.

Anyway, optimism!! Since when have they managed to predict the weather more than a day ahead anyway? Especially not this month! The only accurate forecast will come from the bedroom window on Sunday morning!!

I'm now gonna kneel down with Independantphoto.....

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

colinbal4
07-07-06, 10:41 PM
For anybody else seaching for that glimmer of hope to make them go to bed happy tonight - aacuweather.com says we are getting sunshine with a few scattered showers.

SVTONYB
07-07-06, 10:53 PM
Wooses the lot of you Anything bar Ice on road and I'll be there 8)

SVTONYB
07-07-06, 10:55 PM
Like I say, it shouldn't even be a concern since it certainly isn't part of the route - EH TONY? :lol:

Hey I was off on roundup bringing back the lost sheep from the flock :wink:

scooby2102
07-07-06, 11:48 PM
Wooses the lot of you Anything bar Ice on road and I'll be there

Hey Tony lad, my sentiments exactly :lol:

I know that heavy rain/standing water can put riders off but its the best way to get experience of dodgy conditions (in my view) since its a strong possibility that we will be caught out in it anyway, we are in bonnie Scotland afterall.

Ride sensibly for the conditions and nobody will have any problems (unless they are on slicks :shock: )

These bikes can handle in the rain no problem, even under quite hard braking/cornering/accelerating :wink:

On that note, feck the rain, hope we are all up for it come sunday morning, tis been a wee while now from the last rideout

Quedos
08-07-06, 07:14 AM
from what I've heard curvy SV's and rain don't mix. So if it raining I ain't risking coming off on my first outing. Wuss I know but I want to make it to the superbikes next week and I can't afford any more time in hospitals

DAX
08-07-06, 09:19 AM
Dont worry about the rain i was out on my curvey last sunday did 30 miles in rain the last 10 it was hamering it down. my bike didnt miss a beat, and i havent got an extedafener. 8)

PS i will post ltrz with the number of folk im bringing tomorow.5 at moment

colinbal4
08-07-06, 09:51 AM
A wuss I am then! Fair weather biker! Boring old *******! Boff, one off the chin!

I've no problems at all admitting that if its ****ing it down when I get up in the morning, I take the cage to work.

I've had plenty experience of wet weather riding back in my "aint got a cage" days, and I'm perfectly capable of handling it. It just isn't much fun when you can't see **** and your waterproofs stop being waterproof. Fun is what I made the return to biking for. As for having and off, less grip = more chance.

It's a ride for pleasure so no point when its not pleasurable. If I did have an off, I'd just end up kicking myself for going out when I didn't have to.

peterco
08-07-06, 10:11 AM
Forcast for tomorrow.........
A Showery day with a light to fresh wind.
Max temp 21C.
I won't be going on the run as have another engagement but will
meet you a Auld inns little chef tomorrow.

By the way it's my forcast (amature) after looking at several weather sites.

pete

splund
08-07-06, 10:15 AM
That is a fair point Colin. 8) We shouldn't be presurising people to come if they're not happy to.

scooby2102
08-07-06, 10:58 AM
Guys guys guys - light hearted banter - no pressure at all for anyone to attend, if anyone aint comfy about anythin at all then its their choice, instinct and safety are sacrosanct.

Was only makin a small point that when on the last round of this route, I passed loads heading home as it had started to snow and after I fuelled up at Mid Lix and went on to Crianlarich, guess what - yep, sun splitting the trees and mostly dry roads for the rest of the complete route :roll: (the weather changed totally within 20 minutes)

Hope to see you all tomorrow

Good idea ref posting messages tomorrow Colin, will post anyway regardless of the guid scottish wevvah.

cheers
scooby

DAX
08-07-06, 08:06 PM
ok it looks like 5 coming !! if weather isnt to bad, were going to come down to cumbernauld and prob finish around creiff. so we should be down there for 10ish. 4 sv's and a blackbird.

jimmy4237
08-07-06, 08:59 PM
You're coming down from Montrose for this :shock: :shock: just to go back up again. Now that's commitment.... Or you like putting big mileage onto a motorbike for fun...

The road from Forfar (over the B road, then the A934) is brill for a bike. I go over it damn near every second day in a 17tonner (wishing I was on the bike though...)

Weather looks like usual **** as per the norm for our runs.... :!: :!:

The veterans here will remember my first curvy SV with that Avon rear tyre and that run we did a few years ago in the ****ing wet rain borders run - I was broadsliding my rear end on almost every corner. Northy can tell you - he was following me at the time!!

Quedos
08-07-06, 09:31 PM
Well I think my only decision now is what bike to take If its raining the honda will more than likely appear due to my confidence on her.
Dry the SV may make its debut appearance now she clean and shiny however I will be at the back had to get a new tyre today and still not yet scrubbed up!!

suicidesam
08-07-06, 11:24 PM
I'm not gonna make it :cry: Not managed to get someone to look after the kids :evil:
Going to be a day out in the garden doing prep work for my bike's new house if it aint throwing it down :(
Hope that everyone that gets out to play has a good day 8)