PDA

View Full Version : Woohoooo =)

suicidesam
09-06-06, 04:38 PM
Thankfully i passed my test with flying colours \:D/ :D

And the bonus is.. I got me a curvy now 8) Red 2000 reg standard bike.. in need of one helluva good clean :shock: Once i've given it the bucket an sponge/shot blasted treatment i'll try an get a couple of pics up.

independentphoto
09-06-06, 04:43 PM
Congrats mate. Another life milestone past there then. Take it easy to start and enjoy your riding.

Cheers,

Garry
:rave:

Anonymous
09-06-06, 04:56 PM
well done mate :lol:

haggis
09-06-06, 05:57 PM
Good on yer!

Don't forget to take before and after pics of the bike.

Quedos
09-06-06, 06:53 PM
Good on yer sunshine - least the weather was kind

no excuses no not to joing the mad bunch of merry men and women on the rideouts. In fact theres one in july for newbies :lol: :lol: :riding: \:D/

gavhogg
09-06-06, 08:41 PM
Well done mate! :D

suicidesam
09-06-06, 11:15 PM
Milestone indeed... one I've been going to do for 6 years!
Taking it very easy just now.. think this morn was my slowest ever journey to work :?
Could not face another mile on it without a quick clean up, wheels were a nice shade of brown! Don't think its seen clean water in months :x so it was out with the pressure washer when i got it home. Looks slightly better now, gonna have a few hours cleaning tomorrow afternoon 8)
Found my camera tonight.. (kids had hidden it) will take some pics in the morning if i can remember to put the batteries on charge.

no excuses no not to joing the mad bunch of merry men and women on the rideouts. In fact theres one in july for newbies
Hope to get plenty miles done before then... might be tempted to join in :D

owenieboy
09-06-06, 11:23 PM
well done =D>

Enjoy the new bike

Anonymous
10-06-06, 09:19 AM
Milestone indeed... one I've been going to do for 6 years!
Taking it very easy just now.. think this morn was my slowest ever journey to work :?
Could not face another mile on it without a quick clean up, wheels were a nice shade of brown! Don't think its seen clean water in months :x so it was out with the pressure washer when i got it home. Looks slightly better now, gonna have a few hours cleaning tomorrow afternoon 8)
Found my camera tonight.. (kids had hidden it) will take some pics in the morning if i can remember to put the batteries on charge.

no excuses no not to joing the mad bunch of merry men and women on the rideouts. In fact theres one in july for newbies
Hope to get plenty miles done before then... might be tempted to join in :D

dont clean bike to often with pressure washer as i was told by someone (cant remember who now) but it can do something to wheel bearings or something.

STRAMASHER
10-06-06, 09:40 AM
Well done fella! 8)

Take it easy. Do your own thing. :)

"The worm has turned for you my friend" :)

peterco
10-06-06, 03:16 PM
dont clean bike to often with pressure washer as i was told by someone (cant remember who now) but it can do something to wheel bearings or something.

It washes out the grease .

Well done on passing your test,now enjoy. :riding:

pete

suicidesam
10-06-06, 11:12 PM
Cheers all :D

Pressure washer is not going to be a regular thing, just needed to find out what was under the funny brown colour on the wheels etc :?
Got busy with my bucket an sponge, scrubbing brush and some polish today.. turned out no too shabby me thinks. Paint is done for on the front wheel, starting to flake off in bits otherwise the only thing gonna change is loosing the top box/ carrying rack.

After jetwash...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/suicidesam/Suzsv1.jpg

After proper clean an polish...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/suicidesam/suzsv4.jpg

instigator
11-06-06, 12:11 AM
DOWNPIPES!!

DOWNPIPES!!

Get some wet n dry and autosol and it'll finish it off very nicely mate. Looking good with the red. 8) :) Also, what sort of can is that on it??

Quedos
11-06-06, 10:21 AM
DOWNPIPES!!

DOWNPIPES!!

Get some wet n dry and autosol and it'll finish it off very nicely mate. Looking good with the red. 8) :) Also, what sort of can is that on it??

Watch him suicidesam he has an unhealthy obession with downpipes!

scooby2102
11-06-06, 02:59 PM
hey, nice bike mate, looks the part in red

dont worry too much re the pressure washer, just dont overdo it i.e. dont point it direct into the wheel bearings, oil/coolant radiators, electrics etc etc

give the bike a good soaking with the washer (to loosen all the kak) then clean it by hand then use the pressure washer (from a few feet back to rinse off)then hey presto, one mega clean bike

the pressure washer comes into its own in the winter months after a rideout as its excellent for rinsing all the salt off, good for cleaning the tyre treads as well

suicidesam
11-06-06, 09:08 PM
Downpipes? What type of metal are they? if they will clean up i will get on to it.. got some good toys in the workshop where i work that might do the job :roll:

As for the can.. Don't think it'll be there long, It's a Micron carbon look one that i got from a workmate to try out before i bought it... sounds dam nice.. (don't think the neighbours will agree when i set off at 6.15 in the morning :shock: ).. The standard one will be going back on till i can find a baffled one :(