PDA

View Full Version : Why does it do that again?

gavhogg
11-06-06, 05:56 PM
Why is it that on occasion, when I'm accelerating quickly, that the bike jumps into neutral :shock:

It mostly occurs when I'm accelerating from 1st gear, however I was heading up the M90 last nite (thought I'd pop up to the stockies at Cowdenbeath). Anyway, I've just hit the long sweeping bend prior to the Dunfermline exit, doing approx 95mph, and it jumped gears!!!! :shock: :evil:

Is it that redlining forces the bike to jump gears?

haggis
11-06-06, 06:16 PM
It's just one of those things mate. When you change up, occasionally it will go dog-to-dog, and feel like it's in gear only to pop out of gear once under load. Suzuki's gearboxes are waaaay better than some others for not doing this most of the time, even high-milers remain pretty decent.

To keep it at a minimum, try and hold your toe on the lever until you know it's in gear. :wink:

gavhogg
11-06-06, 08:54 PM
It's just one of those things mate. When you change up, occasionally it will go dog-to-dog, and feel like it's in gear only to pop out of gear once under load. Suzuki's gearboxes are waaaay better than some others for not doing this most of the time, even high-milers remain pretty decent.

To keep it at a minimum, try and hold your toe on the lever until you know it's in gear. :wink:

Thanks mate, I know its a common thing, just wasn't sure why, thanks for the advice :D

northwind
11-06-06, 11:25 PM
It's because you shift like a big girl. It ought to do it less as it gets older, till it gets tired then it'll do it more again ;)

gavhogg
12-06-06, 07:53 PM
It's because you shift like a big girl. It ought to do it less as it gets older, till it gets tired then it'll do it more again ;)

Thats rather a sexist statement Northy, are you saying that Girls are inferior riders? :wink: :D

PS: At least I don't look like a girlllllllllllllllllll, still got that ponytail then? :wink: :D

northwind
12-06-06, 09:27 PM
Right, we on now! Your momma...

gavhogg
13-06-06, 10:42 PM
Now dont you start on my Momma! :D :wink: