PDA

View Full Version : Cop checks

GDBD59
14-06-06, 08:36 PM
Remember I was asking about the fuzz stopping & checking bikes & no-one new about it.......?

Well it's happening in the Crieff/Trossachs area. I had a run that took us through Kenmore ('twix Killin & Aberfeldy) last Saturday. Stopped for a wee break & got talking to a nice bloke who said after a while that he had a CB600RRRRRRRRRR

The subject of Cop checks came up & he said they were out in force in Kenmore the previous Sunday stopping EVERY bike & checking for Cans, plates & visors :evil: I didn't think to ask how long they stayed for.

Yesterday was talking to a guy who was out in a 15-group last Sunday. 450 mile run that took in the area in question. He knows of guys that have been done. It's £30 per item & 3 points. For those of you that know of the burger van near Lix Toll (3mls from Killin), he said they put a jam sandwich across the layby entry & went up to the parking area & booked everybody they could. :shock:

His group wasn't stopped, but they were followed by a sandwich the entire length of Loch Tay & made to sit at 60mph.
He also said that the roads further north (Grampian I think) had no :plod: :smt072 presence at all.

northwind
14-06-06, 11:23 PM
I thought you couldn't get points for plate/can/visor?

didge
14-06-06, 11:32 PM
i dont know why they keep wanting to pick on us bikers?

Razor
14-06-06, 11:34 PM

Not in England, you sweaties have different laws about things don't you?

GDBD59
14-06-06, 11:43 PM

Not in England, you sweaties have different laws about things don't you?

If they can do it here, they'll be able to do it there too. We don't have a different Road Traffic Act.

15-06-06, 06:59 AM
as far as i am aware. you cannnot get points for visor, plate or can, simply a fixed penalty,

happy to stand corrected if proved otherwise.

Cheers
Alex

quikstu
15-06-06, 08:26 AM

You cannot get points for the above.
ONLY a £30 conditional offer. Pay it & it's end of story, don't pay it & go to court to fight your case.

:twisted:

Blue Flame
15-06-06, 08:40 AM
Think it may be happening a wee bit in Fife as well.

Spotted a bike cop on the motorway pulling over another biker for a 'chat'

Scooby Drew
15-06-06, 10:06 AM
There is a black Range Rover patrolling the A68/A7 (PM me for details) that I have come across 3 times this week: He followed me on Monday but got bored with sitting behind me @ 59mph after 5 miles and pulled into a lay bye :lol:

He was in front of me yesterday and today. There was an idiot behind me pulling some stupid overtakes this morning and I thought 'Oi, you're gonna get it...' Sure enough, he came flying past me and then the Range Rover which switched on it's nice flashy lights... :lol: :lol: :lol:

northwind
15-06-06, 04:16 PM
My brother tells me there's a new plain wrapper BMW, stealthier than the norm- no extra aeriels or similiar, and the lights aren't so obvious- doing the rounds in Edinburgh. Can't remember what model it is though.

Have you heard from the Serious Crimes Squad for your camera flash, Drew?

Scooby Drew
15-06-06, 10:10 PM
Not yet, compounded by the fact that I no longer live at the address that is on my license - better get it changed over - that might leed to a very nasty surprise... :lol:

GDBD59
15-06-06, 11:03 PM

You cannot get points for the above.
ONLY a £30 conditional offer. Pay it & it's end of story, don't pay it & go to court to fight your case.

:twisted:

Ok, I don't know. Next time I see the guy I'll clarify what he said.

A cop I know in Fife tells me that the Traffic :plod: have a device for checking visor tint. One or lots of them, I don't know.

Rog
15-06-06, 11:19 PM
I was under the impression that you could ask for a producer for a can and then they have to issue you with one and not points and fine ? I maybe wrong so Im gonna check peepipoo

jimmy4237
17-06-06, 08:37 AM
I saw some coppers yesterday down in Ayrshire whilst collecting 12 ton of Nitrocellulose Alcohol (Paint Stripper)(2 bike cops - both were wearing pitch black visors) and they've the cheek to stop us and tell us we can't use safer visors on a sunny day. One law for us, another for the traffic cops :evil: :evil:

Plod in Strathclyde are now using a brand new unmarked silver BMW 540SE. The blue lights are in the back window with two flashy lights in the grille. It sits on the M80/A80 to M73 flyover quite a lot.. Reg no. SG 06 ***

They also are using a BMW M5 fully marked up around Strathclyde too. What's the betting the 155mph speed limiter has been removed???

owenieboy
17-06-06, 06:07 PM
Saw an unmarked silver Skoda Octavia with lights flashing in the back window just off the M8 at townhead. Think it was a 55 plate

GDBD59
17-06-06, 06:34 PM
I saw some coppers yesterday down in Ayrshire )(2 bike cops - both were wearing pitch black visors)

That's interesting Jimmy. I read on a Dundee forum of Cops near Forfar having same.

Full visors Jimmy, not a flip-down as in Caberg.....?

ivantate
17-06-06, 06:56 PM
On the subject of stealth cop cars....

I saw a Volvo with its blue lights on today and they were in the light clusters where the reversing lights usually are. This means that you wouldnt be able to see any of the extra lamps behind the windows as normal!

jimmy4237
17-06-06, 10:05 PM
Yep, Marked '04 plate Pan Europeans with plain white helmets (Not Cabergs flip ups) and clip on black visors just like many riders use..

Wish they were parked up somewhere so I could get a photo, and send it to their police chief complaining about biker visor harrasment. If they can get away with black visors on a right sunny day with no clouds, then so should we be allowed to ride safely without resorting to squinting through a clear visor or wearing uncomfortable (and unsafe) sunglasses.

As I've said before:

ONE RULE FOR PLOD, ANOTHER FOR JOE PUBLIC

The laws suck in this country.

GDBD59
17-06-06, 10:16 PM
Yep, Marked '04 plate Pan Europeans with plain white helmets (Not Cabergs flip ups) and clip on black visors just like many riders use..

Wish they were parked up somewhere so I could get a photo, and send it to their police chief complaining about biker visor harrasment.

Yeah, a photo would be great, not to the senior police though........to MCN.

SVTONYB
18-06-06, 11:15 AM
has anybody on here had a ticket for using a tinted visor ?

or is it an urban myth that there is a gang of polis out there doing us for using them.

SVTONYB
18-06-06, 11:18 AM
Razor youve stole my avator thingy :twisted:

independentphoto
18-06-06, 11:27 PM
Well folks, here's the evidence that the boys in blue (of Strathclyde at least) are wearing dark visors. The weather today was dull & rainy when the picture was taken.

GDBD....... Feel free to eMail it off to whoever you wish mate.

http://upload4.postimage.org/426961/CopVisor.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/426961/photo_hosting.html)

Oh and a little note - Quedos has some taken with a proper camera instead of a phone.

Garry :wink:

amarko5
18-06-06, 11:39 PM
Well folks, here's the evidence that the boys in blue (of Strathclyde at least) are wearing dark visors. The weather today was dull & rainy when the picture was taken.

http://upload4.postimage.org/426961/CopVisor.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/426961/photo_hosting.html)

Oh and a little note - Quedos has some taken with a proper camera instead of a phone.

Garry :wink:

hey you should know better, its not admissable as evidence unless it's got a special watermark / security mark in the picture "to ensure it has not been digitally altered " :lol:

Quedos
19-06-06, 07:09 AM

Wish they were parked up somewhere so I could get a photo, and send it to their police chief complaining about biker visor harrasment.

At the mens 10k in Glasgow mr bike cop - jim- had the said black clip on visor - in the rain!!!.
However I have managed to get photos of said cop on bike! Just haven't downloaded them yet :twisted: :twisted:

northwind
19-06-06, 11:42 PM

MCN won't be interested, as it's factually based :)

Quedos
20-06-06, 07:39 AM
[quote="independentphoto"]Well folks, here's the evidence that the boys in blue (of Strathclyde at least) are wearing dark visors. The weather today was dull & rainy when the picture was taken.

quote]

hey you should know better, its not admissable as evidence unless it's got a special watermark / security mark in the picture "to ensure it has not been digitally altered " :lol:

Actually that is not true - in a court of law they can then argue that its not "the image is not authentic because the pixels have been changed". It can also make the picture "unreadable".

All transfering of media/photos from third party the police must be able to detail when and where it was made and how soon after was it transferd to WORM.

I'm a sad git ain't I :?

nuntius
22-06-06, 07:02 PM
I read in MCN a couple of weeks ago that dark visors have now become £30 and 3 points, as have darkened windscreens on cars. So I have become paranoid about it since.

You'd think they'd have made an effort to publicise it if it was so, if it is meant to be for public safety