PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy's New Ride

jimmy4237
20-06-06, 09:07 PM
Got a new ride. Pick it up soon. This image ain't the exact bike but it's close to it.
Am putting too many miles on the thou, so found this to keep the mileage down on the SV..

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/jimmy4237-Kwakzx9r2000.jpg

A 2000 E1 model. Goes like hell....
15,000 miles, 2 owners, braided brake lines and pads, 6 pots, just fully serviced.
New shims, carbs balanced, and new tyres. 140BHP lunatic machine :shock: Just like me :lol: :lol:

Stock standard, totally mint. Bargain price well below book price 8)

gavhogg
20-06-06, 09:17 PM
NOW Thats a nice bike Jimmy! 8)

140BHP!!! You've just reasured me that I'm riding the right bike :wink:

Anonymous
21-06-06, 06:42 AM
nice bike jimmy could you not get it in green :lol:

STRAMASHER
21-06-06, 08:45 AM
This PC sucks can't get any of the pretty pictures! :(

Guessing ZX-9R.....mmmm, in RED? :lol:

Not a bad "hack" at all Jimmy, considering it will leave your Thou' for dead.....everywhere! :shock: :lol:

Cronos
21-06-06, 10:53 AM
Took one of them out for a test ride! Only just managed to get my arms back in their sockets! :lol:

Anonymous
21-06-06, 04:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmy4237
21-06-06, 07:28 PM
It was going for a peach of a price. Well below showroom price. The previous owner bought a new Fazer 1000 and was needing some money sharpish. The guy gave me the keys at the Isle of Man TT, and told me to do a full TT lap to see if I liked it :shock: Now that's trust 8) Yes Cronos - it did rip my arms off, especially over the unrestricted mountain part of the TT. I saw 145mph on the speedo going up the hill (it was still only in 5th...):!: :!: Needless to say I brought it back with a grin and a laugh on my face.. Told him to phone me if he was ever selling it. Had to decide quickly if I wanted it as there was quite a demand for his 9R.

The price I paid for the 9R means that I can use it for 6 months easy, and still resell it on for more than what I paid. Makes economic sense. At least it'll keep it's value compared to the SV Thou... Also goes far quicker than the v-twin..

Old faither likes my thou so I've offered to him. I might get to like the dark side too much :P But I'll need to sell his Bandit 600 first, and he'll square me up the difference. That way the SV stays in the garage, and I can get access to both bikes whenever I want :D :D result.

Waits to see how much more the insurance man wants - probably rape me stupid :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: