PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for next year

Pages : [1] 2

northwind
10-07-06, 08:43 PM
First of all, the big one- spoke to a few people and it seems to get a good reception. I know part of the reason it's so big is that it's THE annual rideout, but it's a shame to only do it once. What do we think about expanding the idea a little, have the AR at the end or start of the good weather, and another big, national ride at the other end? It'd mean more people can get there, and twice as many is twice the fun... Of course, splitting it mught reduce the number for people who only want to do one, but I've a feeling most of the folks who were along at the weekend would do 2... Plus, if one was a washout with bad weather, it wouldn't be such a disappointment.

I thought the route and the organisation was magic, so honestly no suggestions at all to make there.

As far as the campsite... It'd be great if we could find ourselves one that'll allow an open fire. A lot of places will, in my experience, as long as you're not all clowns. The Big Red Fun Bus was great in that it gave things a centrepoint with a bit of light and so on, but there's something about a campfire, it'd have been perfect I reckon. And a guitar :) And we definately need a snoring corner!

Spiderman
10-07-06, 08:50 PM
As far as the campsite... It'd be great if we could find ourselves one that'll allow an open fire. A lot of places will, in my experience, as long as you're not all clowns. The Big Red Fun Bus was great in that it gave things a centrepoint with a bit of light and so on, but there's something about a campfire, it'd have been perfect I reckon. And a guitar :) And we definately need a snoring corner!

I love a good fire when out in the open air...its just so primal and the right thing to do. Even when i put out the last embers of the coals with some beer i was sad to see it gone.

Demonz
10-07-06, 08:50 PM
Expanding on the multi ride out concept. I wouldnt mind seeing some regional annual rideouts with national invites - some areas i would love to get out and around throughout the year and be shown around by the locals.

Demonz
10-07-06, 08:51 PM

I love a good fire when out in the open air...its just so primal and the right thing to do. Even when i put out the last embers of the coals with some beer i was sad to see it gone.

A brazier would've been an ideal solution

Moo
10-07-06, 08:57 PM
Expanding on the multi ride out concept. I wouldnt mind seeing some regional annual rideouts with national invites - some areas i would love to get out and around throughout the year and be shown around by the locals.

Good idea.

Spiderman
10-07-06, 08:59 PM
Other thoughts for next year.

A proper size BBQ (but who to bring one is the obvious problem)
A designated support vehicle for the campers, maybe even regional ones? (may solve the BBQ peoblem too)
An "official" photographer. (Proper group photo of the whole thing, everyone on their bikes or something etc?)

Law
10-07-06, 09:10 PM
Other thoughts for next year.

An "official" photographer. (Proper group photo of the whole thing, everyone on their bikes or something etc?)

I think Quiff might snap that job up quickly :wink:

jonboy
10-07-06, 09:11 PM
Regional ride-outs are certainly a good idea, but the Annual Ride-out obviously only happens just the once (hence the term "annual" :lol: ). If we try to change the concept you'll dilute that feeling of oneness and that which makes it special.

Grinch
10-07-06, 09:21 PM
I like the idea of a sv only ride out.. though I it would have been nice to get a photo of all the bike and all the riders...

northwind
10-07-06, 09:33 PM
Regional ride-outs are certainly a good idea, but the Annual Ride-out obviously only happens just the once (hence the term "annual" :lol: ). If we try to change the concept you'll dilute that feeling of oneness and that which makes it special.

Yeah, you could be right. That's why I reckon an AR and a seperate, "end of season" rideout might be a better idea than 2 proper AR's, hopefully wouldn't have the same impact on the AR but with a lot of the benefits. Not sure.

As for regional rideouts, spoke to a few folks over the weekend about redoing our one up here- last time we got a load of the Irish and Essex boys up, and it was great- the more the merrier. But if I organise it it'll crash and burn :) More on this later ;)

Blue Flame
10-07-06, 11:16 PM

Although you have also said..... I like the idea of an an Adventure rideout too and can't see any reason why we couldn't do one at the end of the summer. That way there's the AR early summer within the (suggested) red circle limits and then the AV which can be anywhere, will have far less of a turnout, but allows the more adventurous peeps to meet up regardless of distance. :wink:

Quiff Wichard
10-07-06, 11:20 PM
crikey blue flame you picked that second quote from the Annuls of history !..

clee hill wudda been an ace point for a group piccy.

I have no current thoughts- will let this thread progress then add my piece..

good points made to date.

me n kim went over far side cos we snore (cos we fat !)... wudda loved to have been in the hub.

Red ones
11-07-06, 03:14 AM
A brassière would've been an ideal solution

I find evenings are generally better when you don't have them! :lol:

Anonymous
11-07-06, 07:30 AM
I like the idea of a sv only ride out.. though I it would have been nice to get a photo of all the bike and all the riders...

:cry: :cry:

Viney
11-07-06, 08:01 AM
Didnt we have this discussion, last year...and the year before...and...oh you get the idea. As long as next years isnt in scotland.

Grinch, thats not very nice

Jabba
11-07-06, 08:01 AM
I like the idea of a sv only ride out..

So no Gixxers, Raptors, Hornets, Daytonas, 'cats, Bandits, 'blades, Tuonos, ZX's, etc......?

Seems a bit "one-eyed" to me :?

Anonymous
11-07-06, 08:06 AM
Didnt we have this discussion, last year...and the year before...and...oh you get the idea. As long as next years isnt in scotland.

whats wrong with Scotland?

jonboy
11-07-06, 08:30 AM
Although you have also said..... I like the idea of an an Adventure rideout too and can't see any reason why we couldn't do one at the end of the summer. That way there's the AR early summer within the (suggested) red circle limits and then the AV which can be anywhere, will have far less of a turnout, but allows the more adventurous peeps to meet up regardless of distance. :wink:

Perfectly true. No reason why several organized ride-outs can't be arranged, providing the emphasis isn't lost on the annual one.

Viney
11-07-06, 08:41 AM

Nothing at all H, just for me, it would be a definite no no, as its just too god damn far. I cant walk properly after a ride back form wals and thats 160miles ish. :?

dirtydog
11-07-06, 08:46 AM

does that mean i'm not allowed to come then??? :cry: :cry:

jonboy
11-07-06, 08:49 AM

Nothing, marvellous place. But although I would come, and a handful of others too, that's all it would be, just a handful. Which negates the whole point of a large group meet, sadly.

The distance involved is too great for most people which is why I was genuinely impressed by the Scottish turnout, which should be held as an example to those weaklings who felt riding a hundred miles to get there this year was too far.

So basically, the geography's against you :( .

The good news is that you get to see sunshine and blue sky ;).

fizzwheel
11-07-06, 08:57 AM
I'd quite happily go up to Scotland I love it up there. However I realise its a bit of a trek so we'd probably take a few days either side of the rideout and make a trip out of it and plan a non motorway route up there with a stop over. But I realise that not everybody else can do that.

Basically more of the same please !! it was a great weekend. The distance for Liz and I to the campsite was 160 miles from her front door. Which was just about right especially with all the luggage I had to carry !!!

I thought the campsite was great, Even though I hate camping !! I like the idea of being able to have an open fire though.

Tara
11-07-06, 09:08 AM
180 miles for us and we'd quite happily go up to Scotland next year

dirtydog
11-07-06, 09:29 AM
I think i'll have to agree with jonboy on this one, a trip up to Scotland would be great for the AR but as said a few people would be up for it but that would be it. It was 180 miles for us to the AR07 which i dont have a problem with but some people probably didn't go cos they thought it was too far?

Grinch
11-07-06, 09:40 AM
I wasn't saying there couldn't be the AR as usual but I was thinking of something was just SV... as it would be nice not to have to race all the other 1000cc bikes.

Stu
11-07-06, 09:53 AM
I don't think it was necessarily just the 1000cc bikes racing. Plus it's been said before no one had to race. (Never mind no one should have been racing)

Jabba
11-07-06, 09:59 AM
I wasn't saying there couldn't be the AR as usual but I was thinking of something was just SV... as it would be nice not to have to race all the other 1000cc bikes.

You want to ban SV1000s as well? :?

Glad you're not Admin :roll:

:wink:

Blue Flame
11-07-06, 10:00 AM
I personally agree wih Jonboy's sentiments on this whole affair.

As far as an Annual Rideout is concerned then Scoland is too far for those living south of say Birmingham/Coventry/Peterborough. (If its too far for you and you live North of that line then your a wimp :wink: )

It should not however detract us from the possibility of having an additional 'adventure weekend' for the more hardy souls at the tail end of summer where you can experience some cracking roads and some breathtaking scenery.

I think that these two areas of focus could be considered with perhaps a first 'sticky' for a 'Scotland Adventure Weekend' and a further sticky for proposals for the location of the annual rideout for 2007 within the areas previously discussed and delineated by a red circle in a previous discussion thread.

Sound like a plan :?:

Grinch
11-07-06, 10:08 AM
We could just go back to the same place... and use a different route...

Marshall
11-07-06, 10:48 AM
Id be well happy with a ride around Scotland

Demonz
11-07-06, 11:16 AM
Id be well happy with a ride around Scotland Me 2 if the dates worked out!

diamond
11-07-06, 11:23 AM
Id be well happy with a ride around Scotland Me 2 if the dates worked out!

ME 3

falc
11-07-06, 11:32 AM
me 4...

Grinch
11-07-06, 11:57 AM
Ok.. me 5

fizzwheel
11-07-06, 12:36 PM
I dont know, its all ME, ME, ME, ME in this thread

Me 6

Mogs
11-07-06, 12:53 PM
I don't think I can earn enough brownie points to allow me the (selfish motorcyling) time to go up to Scotland, even though I would love to. I hope that nothing gets in the way of my attendance next year.

The South West Surfers have a few well attended rides during the summer, that I'm sure everyone is welcome, no need to advertise it as a regional annual ride. There's never been a question of SV's only, without the others the attendance would drop dramatically. Plus we need Jabba for comedy value :D

Jabba
11-07-06, 01:12 PM
Plus we need Jabba for comedy value :D

I'm sure you'll clarify what you mean by that :lol:

Actually, what Mogs said (before his little jibe!) is true - all welcome. The last rideout was a joint one with local members of the Hornet's Nest and it was good to have a mix of bikes there.

kwak zzr
11-07-06, 02:07 PM
i'm just a little ****ed that i didnt camp on the friday night :( would have been a laugh :D its one of the bad choices ive made in 06 :( defo camping next year!

kwak zzr
11-07-06, 02:18 PM
the same campsite would be good and the ride route could go over to the welsh coast.

northwind
11-07-06, 02:26 PM
Don't see what you're grumbling about, Scotland's not far at all.

Oh. You mean for you lot? Yeah, it's probably a bit far then.

But we will definately try and organise another major run up here for anyone who fancies it. I don't think it's a starter for an AR though. Maybe the borders, but it's not just a question of getting up as far as here, most of the really good roads are further still north.

Ah, but I really dislike the "adventure weekend" tag ;) Adventure biking means riding to Khazakhstan or somewhere, not Glencoe! Call 'em "SV650.org Weekends Away" or something maybe.

Mogs
11-07-06, 02:52 PM
Plus we need Jabba for comedy value :D

I'm sure you'll clarify what you mean by that :lol:

Burger in right and burger in left hand and a big smile.
Frightening barmaids with your damp midships
Squirting egg all over oneself
Chasing after your burger bap as it blows down the road
Playing rugby in full biking gear in a services car park.

And the best so far

Inviting me on a ride to Wiltshire, then backing out :lol:

There must be more, he's a natural?

Jabba
11-07-06, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't mind if it weren't true :oops:

Rider
11-07-06, 04:49 PM

Brilliant idea. I'd personally love to do South-West region or Wales. Not keen on BIG ride-outs so small regional friendlies would be really cool.

Anonymous
11-07-06, 04:53 PM

you should not have been racing anything. is that why there were dodgy overtakes by some people? small penis syndrome - he/she has a bigger bike i have to pass them. if so go on a track day. a smaller bike in the hands of a good rider will kick the **** of a big bike in the hands of an average rider everytime

Jabba
11-07-06, 05:16 PM
Brilliant idea. I'd personally love to do South-West region or Wales. Not keen on BIG ride-outs so small regional friendlies would be really cool.

We, the South & West Surfers, are doing North Devon on 9th September. Check it out in the South & West Surfers section :thumbsup:

dirtydog
11-07-06, 05:22 PM

All I can say to that is what a complete load of :toss:

so you're quite happy to alienate a number of regular users cos they haven't got an SV?

I'm sure it was said several times on the ride itself...... it is not a race!!!

I was passed several times by SVs on saturday

But hey if that's what you think then that's up to you..... I think personally think that is a cr*p idea

zunkus
11-07-06, 05:24 PM
I've seen the AR06 video's and pictures and would like to come to next year's. Is it possible for me to ride with you guys? I live in Malta (under Sicily) so have to find a way to get there first. Any suggestions? I've never went away that far before but I've been thinking about this a lot these past two years. It'll be a chance to meet you guys in person and not on some discussion topic on the net. I'm even thinking if it would be wise to rent a bike over there than coming on my own if that would be cheaper.

Any help/suggestions/thoughts would be greatful

dirtydog
11-07-06, 05:26 PM
thinking about it that would mean

no

Sid Squid
Rictus
Nutty Tart
Fizzwheel
Falc and Tara
Ed
Moo
Scoobs
Jabba
Jelster
Topcat
Darylb
GMonsta
Stretchie
Treacle
Valleyboy
Cazza
Cronos
Rock
Or Myself

to name but a few.

Fizzy Fish
11-07-06, 05:30 PM
agree, let's not make it sv only - it's about the people on the SV forum, not the bike

Tara
11-07-06, 05:34 PM

All I can say to that is what a complete load of :toss:

so you're quite happy to alienate a number of regular users cos they haven't got an SV?

I'm sure it was said several times on the ride itself...... it is not a race!!!

I was passed several times by SVs on saturday

But hey if that's what you think then that's up to you..... I think personally think that is a cr*p idea

S'ok DD we'll have our own rideout if they do that :roll:

but i agree its a crap idea

Tara
11-07-06, 05:34 PM
I've seen the AR06 video's and pictures and would like to come to next year's. Is it possible for me to ride with you guys? I live in Malta (under Sicily) so have to find a way to get there first. Any suggestions? I've never went away that far before but I've been thinking about this a lot these past two years. It'll be a chance to meet you guys in person and not on some discussion topic on the net. I'm even thinking if it would be wise to rent a bike over there than coming on my own if that would be cheaper.

Why not the more the merrier

Spiderman
11-07-06, 06:52 PM

Am i correct in assuming that in Malta you also ride on the left side of the road like we do here? I'm sure i heard that somewhere.

Anyhoo, i think it would be the cherry on the cake for AR07 to have an international contingent on the ride too. I think its bloody cool that so many people do such a lot of miles to attend and i think its even cooler if you jet over for it. Go you!

As for bikes to hire etc, do a search as i'm sure its been asked a few ties recently and maybe PM the peeps who were asking and get their opinion and advice. ive never hired a bike in the UK so have no idea where or how much, deposits, insurance etc.

Jelster
11-07-06, 07:12 PM
thinking about it that would mean

no

Sid Squid
Rictus
Nutty Tart
Fizzwheel
Falc and Tara
Ed
Moo
Scoobs
Or Myself

Me, Gmonsta, Topcat, etc etc...

On another note.... Regional rideouts, great idea. Those of us that went to Skipton had a fantastic weekend a little tiring maybe - 1k miles in 3 days, but it was fun :lol:

But there can only ever be 1 annual event for the whole country, and even though I was only "in" for the day, making a whole weekend of it is the best way, by far.

You just need somebody who lives in a suitable location to offer to arrange the route, organise the stops, sort out a camp site and get some "marshalls" and you've got it cracked !!

dirtydog
11-07-06, 08:26 PM
Me, Gmonsta, Topcat, etc etc...

I did say to name but a few :wink:

that's all i could think of at the time of writing :roll:

BILLY
11-07-06, 08:42 PM
Iknow I missed AR06 and there's some talk about an end of season ride out!!!
How about a meet at a rally instead!!!!
there's one on the 1st to 3rd of september STORMIN THE CASTLE
Witton Castle
Witton le wear
Co. Duram

Not to far for you peeps in scotland and we could reserve a pitch on the site for us all to pitch together.

I know a few of the marshals there and can get some more info if anyone is interested!!!!

Cheers BILLY

mudge32
11-07-06, 11:13 PM
I'd love to do a ride out 'round Lomand and upto Fort William :smt040

Only done the trip in a car and it was breath tacking :thumbsup: ( Not much of a trip out for Nutty though :wink: )
It's not far at all for me, as my pals from Wolverhampton keep telling me, I'm from near Scotland anyway. Must be the Strawbery blonde (ginger) hair :lol:

toffo
12-07-06, 05:54 AM
the same campsite would be good and the ride route could go over to the welsh coast.

Agreed Kwak. Some cracking roads over towards aberyswyth(sp?), there is a mountain road from rhyader to devils bridge, whilst it is mainly single road, there are no hedges, the road surface is okay and the views are superb. Streams, dams, waterfalls, hills etc.....
On the way back there are many great wide roads to choose from.
Takes some beating.

Anonymous
12-07-06, 07:06 AM
I'd love to do a ride out 'round Lomand and upto Fort William :smt040

Only done the trip in a car and it was breath tacking :thumbsup: ( Not much of a trip out for Nutty though :wink: )
It's not far at all for me, as my pals from Wolverhampton keep telling me, I'm from near Scotland anyway. Must be the Strawbery blonde (ginger) hair :lol:

good chance i wont get lost and turn up on tine though :lol:

darylB
12-07-06, 07:54 AM

It can be arranged, i already have a route planned for the future, some good roads and stopping off places for food, bog breaks etc. the coast may be too far as it would be 160 miles min but still crackin roads and scenery, if not next yr then the year after maybe, it's up to people to decide. At least we now know the pub and campsite met the brief and made us welcome.

Daryl. :D

Jabba
12-07-06, 08:35 AM

Ahem....... Not even a mention...... :(

HORNET!!!

Tara
12-07-06, 08:36 AM

Ahem....... Not even WORTH a mention...... :(

HORNET!!!

dirtydog
12-07-06, 08:47 AM

Ahem....... Not even a mention...... :(

HORNET!!!

OK OK updated the list :roll: anyone else i've forgaotten :?: :roll: :wink:

fizzwheel
12-07-06, 09:08 AM
Fizzwheel

I've still got my SV. I can always bring that. :lol: Except its off the road at the moment :cry: Only beacuse I'm to lazy to fix it :lol: and I dont know what I am doing. I must at this point say thank you to Viney and also Sid and Bigape for always being kind enough to give me pointers and adivce when I ask for it.

I thought AR06 was more a social gathering of like minded individuals. We're all bikers it doesnt matter what you ride. Ride for the camaraderie of riding together as Quiff said earlier.

Regional Rideouts are always open to everybody, Jelster made the trip down for a rideout I organised recently. I realise not everybody has the time to make a long distance trip though.

With some planning, It can be done, more the merrier. 8)

Jabba
12-07-06, 09:16 AM

Ahem....... Not even WORTH a mention...... :(

HORNET!!!

[-(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dirtydog
12-07-06, 09:24 AM
Fizzwheel

I've still got my SV. I can always bring that.

Yeah i've got an sv as well but that's not the point though is it

Tara
12-07-06, 09:25 AM
Nope its not the point, the point being made on the last page

fizzwheel
12-07-06, 10:07 AM
Fizzwheel

No I know :wink:

Personally I still don't think it matters what you ride. We're all bikers together as one.

I can see how a new rider or somebody lacking in confidence might be find it intimidating to have a sports bike behind them on a ride out and feel the need to ride faster that they would do normally in order to not hinder the progress of the rider behind.

However I feel its up to me to make sure I don't ride in an intimidating way so as to not put pressure on the person in front of me. I found everybody co-operative in letting me nip by when I felt it was safe for me to do so. I certainly don't feel that anybody was encouraged to race. I would have said quite the opposite in fact.

I can't see how you would be able to organise an SV only rideout anyway. Because there will always be people who are going to ignore that and turn on on their sports bike anyway.

Grinch
12-07-06, 11:24 AM
I was thinking aloud... though I would like to get a pic of the SV's oldest though to youngest...

Law
12-07-06, 11:39 AM
I was thinking aloud... though I would like to get a pic of the SV's oldest though to youngest...

Could do that at any rideout. :wink:

Demonz
12-07-06, 12:04 PM
Just a thought on the Maltese connection - it would be great to encourage a EU or International rideout - i.e. put out invites to the rest of the world and look into who hires SV's in the UK for peeps from abroad. Maybe interesting for them to attend for future events.

dirtydog
12-07-06, 01:53 PM
Fizzwheel

I can see how a new rider or somebody lacking in confidence might be find it intimidating to have a sports bike behind them on a ride out and feel the need to ride faster that they would do normally in order to not hinder the progress of the rider behind.

However I feel its up to me to make sure I don't ride in an intimidating way so as to not put pressure on the person in front of me. I found everybody co-operative in letting me nip by when I felt it was safe for me to do so. I certainly don't feel that anybody was encouraged to race. I would have said quite the opposite in fact.

I've found being on a bigger/sportsbike also tends to make us a target for those on the smaller bikes

diamond
12-07-06, 02:11 PM
I've found being on a bigger/sportsbike also tends to make us a target for those on the smaller bikes

Not another one :roll:

Fizz keeps saying this as well, but the idiots on the rideout cut me and several other people on SV's up just as bad as they did the big bikes. I don't think it had anything to with what bike you were riding just the fact you were in front of them and they thought it was a race and wanted to be in front. :evil:

Any way should this be in the rideout etiquette thread :D

Cazza
12-07-06, 05:32 PM

Me? :cry: :wink:

On the lowest-powered bike on the rideout (or second-lowest-powered, depending on how many horses Rock was riding).

rock
12-07-06, 05:43 PM

Me? :cry: :wink:

On the lowest-powered bike on the rideout (or second-lowest-powered, depending on how many horses Rock was riding).

I've read the 400s are around 53bhp - plus whatever effect the scorpion exhaust has...

What bike were you on Cazza?

northwind
12-07-06, 06:01 PM
A rather lovely GS500 unless I missed...

Moo
12-07-06, 07:02 PM

That could be done maybe to say Barmouth.I did Derby to Barmouth in one day earlier on this year very good amazing roads and even stayed off the main dual carrige ways and motorways.

Jabba
12-07-06, 08:04 PM

That could be done maybe to say Barmouth.I did Derby to Barmouth in one day earlier on this year very good amazing roads and even stayed off the main dual carrige ways and motorways.

Gotta say, as a "day-tripper" just moseying on through after the rideout, that the camp-site looked the dogs twitcher :thumbsup:

Moo
12-07-06, 08:13 PM
Just been on the www.sv1000.zyns.com someones been busy.

http://www.sv1000.zyns.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21078

Cronos
12-07-06, 08:13 PM

Me. :cry:

Demonz
12-07-06, 08:23 PM
It was a good campsite. The motorway let it down a little though... but then when I go camping its usually somwhere peaceful and not full of bikes so not the norm.

dirtydog
12-07-06, 08:26 PM
Any way should this be in the rideout etiquette thread :D

sorry mum :wink: :wink: :lol:

anna
12-07-06, 08:27 PM

me :wink: :lol:

dirtydog
12-07-06, 08:29 PM

but you have an sv650 though :smt017

dirtydog
12-07-06, 08:35 PM

I like that idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quiff Wichard
12-07-06, 08:40 PM
same site but ask if we can have the nice little field near the bridge and river-- that's a cutie..

Moo
12-07-06, 08:40 PM
It was a good campsite. The motorway let it down a little though... but then when I go camping its usually somwhere peaceful and not full of bikes so not the norm.

What motorway the beer must have done its trick. :lol:

Quiff Wichard
12-07-06, 08:41 PM
A5 mefinks -

was a tad noisy but then I have a garden full of chickens and cockerels.. so .. was quiet..

and it was quite hypnotic after a while

dirtydog
12-07-06, 08:47 PM
same site but ask if we can have the nice little field near the bridge and river-- that's a cutie..

Hmmmm bunch of drunken bikers near a river, probably not a good idea :shock: :shock:

Quiff Wichard
12-07-06, 09:02 PM
we werent that drunk-

were we...!!

the pubs near the river- is that a good idea?

dirtydog
12-07-06, 09:08 PM
A pub within staggering distance is always a good idea

anna
12-07-06, 09:11 PM

but you have an sv650 though :smt017

:oops: :oops: didnt want to be left out of anything :wink:

jonboy
12-07-06, 09:42 PM
I'm sure the last thing we want to do is venture into North Wales with sixty odd bikes (most of which are illegal in some shape or form) considering the Nazi-like attitude of the police there.

Pity, as it's a beautiful place.

Quiff Wichard
12-07-06, 09:45 PM
good point...

\:D/ << there's another two.

lake district is bbbeautiful.. long way though

northwind
12-07-06, 10:04 PM
From that campsite, you could ride out a dozen times and never hit the same road twice I think. And most of those roads would be worth doing twice. Absolutely spoiled for choice.

Ed
12-07-06, 10:05 PM
From that campsite, you could ride out a dozen times and never hit the same road twice I think. And most of those roads would be worth doing twice. Absolutely spoiled for choice.

I can get so boring on this

but wot he said 8)

kwak zzr
12-07-06, 10:08 PM
i just been to halfords and purchased £140 of tent and camping equipment! going to try it all out at the black swan with the missus and kids on friday night. :D
how much per night was it again?

Sid Squid
12-07-06, 10:09 PM
lake district
Good suggestion, Aine & I went there on holiday a few years ago, brilliant scenery of course and fun roads too, Wrynose and Hardknott Passes are just beautiful.

northwind
12-07-06, 10:15 PM
Gets my vote too- less far for one :)

Jelster
12-07-06, 10:26 PM
Jelster made the trip down for a rideout I organised recently.

Have bike will travel :thumbsup:

Did somebody mention "the Lake District" ?? :bounce: :bounce: Me, me, me... I'll go, I'll go :lol:

Cronos
13-07-06, 06:29 AM
The Lake Districy is fantastic, but I suspect a bit too far for most. :?

Alright for me though! :lol: