PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Jet beach landing!

kciN
17-07-06, 05:34 PM
How cool would it be to be laying on the beach and watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDl9Pe6ApBk&mode=related&search=) go over head!

Edit = Had to add this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NemEIFQgMVo&mode=related&search=) too!

Just watch the guys hanging on the fence near the end from the blast of the jets...

Tara
17-07-06, 05:37 PM
8)

Viney
17-07-06, 05:38 PM
Benidorm?

Stu
17-07-06, 05:39 PM
Don't think it's Tobago but that is like it and it's pretty scary on the plane looking out of the window with the sea getting closer and no land in sight (difficult to look forward out a plane window) :shock:

falc
17-07-06, 05:39 PM
Woah, crazy stuff

Moo
17-07-06, 06:10 PM
Cool 8)

Marshall
17-07-06, 06:13 PM
sweeeeet

kwak zzr
17-07-06, 06:14 PM
:twisted:

Sid Squid
17-07-06, 06:54 PM
Gibraltar airport is a good one too, it feels like both ends of the runway are in the water.

Mr Toad
17-07-06, 07:03 PM
I'd like to see them try that trick behind something with an afterburner :twisted:

Spiderman
17-07-06, 07:22 PM
ooooh me, me, me, Ive done that. Not there but Lanzarote airport is almost exactly the same and its one hell of an experience.

Favourite trick was to lie down and stare straight up when the planes come in to land and try not to see them approach just go over you :shock:

And those two holding on in the jet blast. Done that too...nearly tore my clothes off me but again one hell of an experience.

Even scarier after dark when they come in to land as youre convinced its gonna land right on top of you and you duck out the way of the landing gear :oops:

Viney
17-07-06, 09:05 PM
Gibraltar airport is a good one too, it feels like both ends of the runway are in the water. They are

Ed
17-07-06, 09:37 PM
Gibraltar airport is a good one too, it feels like both ends of the runway are in the water. They are

I was in Gib at Christmas. The main road in from Spain crosses the runway. That runway is so short - I was so hoping a big aircraft would come in to land (or take off) but all we saw were piddly little Cessnas.

lukemillar
17-07-06, 10:00 PM
I read an article a while back about the most dangerous runways in the world. I think othe one in Tokyo got a mention, though the one that always sticks in my mind was on top of a mountain or a high altitude. I can't remember where it was, but on the approach, pilots would have to climb up and then drop it down at the very last minute - something like that. I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me!

Ed
17-07-06, 10:02 PM
I read an article a while back about the most dangerous runways in the world. I think othe one in Tokyo got a mention, though the one that always sticks in my mind was on top of a mountain or a high altitude. I can't remember where it was, but on the approach, pilots would have to climb up and then drop it down at the very last minute - something like that. I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me!

Shame that Martin Paton left

northwind
17-07-06, 10:06 PM
I like flying into London City... Makes you realise what a dart feels like :) It's the rescue boats in the docks at either end that make it...

lukemillar
17-07-06, 10:06 PM

Shame that Martin Paton left

This might have been it - Courcheval in France. Only used for landing apparently!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lozinho/157478585/in/set-72057594141000824/

UlsterSV
17-07-06, 10:14 PM
Look like Al Qaeda reconaissance videos 8-[