PDA

View Full Version : IT problem using NERO

5v5 rider
19-07-06, 08:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Totally non bike related BUT..... I'm trying to burn a dvd slide show using some pics I took from the fairford airshow. On trying to burn it failed giving me the error 'the sid on a per-user subscription does not exist'. Im using NERO 7 on an xp pro machine with 1gb ram and tonnes of HDD space and dont have any memory issues. I tried using another dvd just in case the media was duff but still getting the same prob. I've never had this problem before and all I can find on google realtes to 'remote desktop' issues and/or sound card conflicts. I'm a home user NOT on a network and was not connected to the internet at the time. Also my machine has onbard soundcard and no add on sound card( which some of the guys on the tech forum were complaining about and by disabling one or the other fixed the issue so mines not for that reason).

I'm at work at the moment so cant try any other prob determination tricks, as Im gonna try burnin a CD slide show to check if same thing happens with CD's.

Heres where it gets a bit sticky.....the version of XP is one I was given from my previous employer which have since sold out and I believe the licenses have been revoked so am using 'counterfeit' operating system theoretically... :shock: I'm gonna purchase my own copy of XP soon once I have saved some cash up but does anyone know what the error could be? Really confused as to how to get around the issue.. any IT geniuses about today??? :?:

Any help would be Immensly appreciated.

Ta in advance

Phil

kciN
19-07-06, 08:58 AM
I tried the 'the sid on a per-user subscription does not exist' search in google and without going to deep, it appears it may be a subscription problem with XP.

It seems loads of other people have similar issues with Nero and your error message.

Do a search on google and check the newsgroups etc.. You'll come up with an answer.

I think you may need to update XP..

Some other Tec Bods will be along soon!!

kwak zzr
19-07-06, 04:39 PM
is it a hookey copy of nero?

$tevo
19-07-06, 04:54 PM
I had all sorts of problems with my Nero7 until I updated it at the Nero website - As I remember, a 30 odd meg download

Abyss
19-07-06, 04:57 PM
I had aload of problems with Nero 7 on 2 machines, neither were same as yours tho :(

I couldnt try the update that is ment to solve everythign becuase you need to logon to the site to get them and errrr 'i lost my password' :D

Mr Toad
19-07-06, 05:18 PM
I'm still using Nero 6 - it warns that there is an incompatability error with XP & Service Pack2, but it carries on working all the same

PM me if you want any more info :wink: