PDA

View Full Version : Camping it up!

kciN
19-07-06, 09:52 AM
For all you camping bods out there. :)

Never been before but going next week. Booked a proper site with a huuugee 8 berth tent.

Quick question for those of you in the know -
I've got an electric hook-up pitch. What plug do the socket's take. Is it the round 3 pin kind.. Will I need a special cable..
Is it 240V..

(Of to do a google now, but not much joy as yet!!)

DanDare
19-07-06, 09:54 AM
Thats not camping! :o

Marshall
19-07-06, 09:57 AM
I Think you correct with the Round one with three pins (sombody will give you the correct name for it soon) my friend has one with a 6 plug extention off it

coombest
19-07-06, 09:57 AM

Never been before but going next week. Booked a proper site with a huuugee 8 berth tent.

I've got an electric hook-up pitch. What plug do the socket's take. Is it the round 3 pin kind.. Will I need a special cable..
Is it 240V..

Yes, they use the round 3 pin type. Blue 16A ones to be precise.
It's possibly best to see if the site you are going to require you to have any kind of safety cut-out fitted as some do.
I would say it's wise to have something there like an RCD, especially in a tent - in case of moisture ingress! HTH

kciN
19-07-06, 09:59 AM
Thats not camping! :o

Ho hum :-dd 'Tis my first time :oops:

'sides, my girlfriend has an active 8 year old and it's easier than cooking everything on the stove, (which I have got with a kettle to make tea btw)

Next time, I'll pitch up in the middle of a field!!! :wink:

Jp
19-07-06, 09:59 AM

Is it 240V..

Roughin' it then are you? :lol: :lol:

It should be 240v not sure whether u need another cable though

IM going camping to coniston this weekend, hopefully the weather is going to hold out, although i doubt it.....

Welcome washout

kciN
19-07-06, 10:01 AM
Yes, they use the round 3 pin type. Blue 16A ones to be precise.
It's possibly best to see if the site you are going to require you to have any kind of safety cut-out fitted as some do.
I would say it's wise to have something there like an RCD, especially in a tent - in case of moisture ingress! HTH

Ta! Yes, that helps. I'll make sure I have an RCD with me.

Carsick
19-07-06, 10:06 AM
I'm camping this weekend as well. I think I might get a little wet.

Lou M
19-07-06, 10:12 AM
I'm sailing this weekend, I know that I'll get wet :lol: :lol:

Jester666
19-07-06, 10:15 AM
Ooo Errr missus!! :shock:

Lou M
19-07-06, 10:29 AM
Ah, yes, didn't realise :roll:

Trust you Jester :lol: :lol:

kwak zzr
19-07-06, 04:36 PM
we used one of these cables when we went camping but it didnt have a rcd on so i got one from ARGOS for £6 and just used the socket that had the breaker in. The correct cable from argos is £99 but i got one for £20 off ebay, according to the sparkey that builds them its regulation now for all camp sites to have there own RCD power breakers.

Abyss
19-07-06, 04:55 PM

Is it 240V..

lol as i think has been said above.. that not camping! You may aswell be in a caravan! :P cheat :P

rob13
19-07-06, 10:05 PM
I too am camping this weekend - Castleton in the Peaks

Vfr400
19-07-06, 10:34 PM
It must be catching, i'm *camping too this weekend at Snetterton. First time for a few years :D

chris

* Actually only sleeping in a tent! does that count?