PDA

View Full Version : The Open Championship

Anonymous
20-07-06, 11:03 AM
I know most of you guys and girls will be cheering on Monty (particularly the Scotch), but me and mine are hoping for an SA win - either Big Ernie Els or Retief Goosen.

It'll be fantastic!

keithd
20-07-06, 11:04 AM
my money's on Dusty Carpet.

he'll take some beating.

Jabba
20-07-06, 11:11 AM
C'mon Monty :D

Stu
20-07-06, 11:15 AM
I know most of you guys and girls will be cheering on Monty (particularly the Scotch), but me and mine are hoping for an SA win - either Big Ernie Els or Retief Goosen.

It'll be fantastic!

Scotch is a mighty fine drink, but not a nationality of people.

I think the word you're looking for is Scottish

UlsterSV
20-07-06, 03:47 PM
Darren Clarke 8) But I'd be happy with a European winner. Getting sick of American domination. It's a shame about the weather, the course looks like a dirt track.

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 04:16 PM
For what he is dealing with in his personal life, I would love Big Darren to hold aloft that claret jug on Sunday. :wink:

However Thursday and Friday is only about making sure you are around to compete to win over the weekend. You normally look for your winner to come from maybe the top 10 on Saturday.

UlsterSV
20-07-06, 04:22 PM
Too true Peter. Him and the family have had a tough time indeed. I always root for him but he never has that killer touch at the weekend. Plays into contention the first two days and maybe on Saturday but come Sunday evening he has slipped away. The other NI man Graeme McDowell is going well at 5 under.

TVR_Tracy
20-07-06, 04:24 PM
Scotch is a mighty fine drink, but not a nationality of people.

I think the word you're looking for is Scottish

I think he means Scots, as opposed to scotch... LOL! :twisted:

Viney
20-07-06, 04:28 PM
my money's on Dusty Carpet.

he'll take some beating.

Thats a terrible joke, even for you.

I wanna see Faldo and woods have a bust up...I mean, how on earth has faldo got the nerve to say to the world Number one "Your swings a bot iffy". When was the last time Faldo won anything?

UlsterSV
20-07-06, 04:51 PM
Faldo can say what he likes, he's golfing royalty. He could probably have Tiger beheaded with a 2 iron if he wanted.

kciN
20-07-06, 04:56 PM
Faldo can say what he likes, he's golfing royalty.
Even if he is boring and monosyllabic He could probably have Tiger beheaded with a 2 iron if he wanted. :lol:

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:01 PM
I think people forget that for a few years Nick Faldo was THE MAN! It's easy to knock him now that his purple patch is long behind him. But he won big tournaments and was very impressive.

No he has never been blessed with the greatest personality but that should not detract from his standing and achievements in the game.

Golf is such a sport that anyone who gets in to a winning streak must seek to make the most of it,as it rarely comes around twice.

kciN
20-07-06, 05:03 PM
g*lf .....

Why did you feel the need to censor that :?:

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:04 PM
My friend I did not.Try typing the word yourself. :wink:

kciN
20-07-06, 05:05 PM
golf

Ha Ha, golf is the new official rude word!! :lol:

yeah but golfing is allowed!!

I like to golf
I like a good golfing, if you get me!! :wink: :wink: hee hee

Tara
20-07-06, 05:18 PM
Golf - :smt015

kciN
20-07-06, 05:22 PM
g*lf - :smt015

Tara - Cricket, double :smt015 :smt015

Tara
20-07-06, 05:27 PM
g*lf - :smt015

Tara - Cricket, double :smt015 :smt015

can't agree with that sorry i watched a game last year with some west indies fans and it was the best time i've had watching sport and i was a season ticket at Anfield until just recently

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:31 PM
Golf is a game viewed as boring only by those that know nothing about it nor have probably tried to master it.

I have participated in all manner of sports and Martial Arts and never found one as difficult to master as golf. I accept though that perhaps the enjoyment is more in the playing than spectating.

(I also note that Tara's cheeky post was instigated by a comment made in the MT by another young lady! :P )

Jdubya
20-07-06, 05:43 PM

It'll be fantastic!

Why :?:

Tara
20-07-06, 05:44 PM
not really i'm capable of making my own mind up thanks i hate golf yes i understand iti understand alot of sports and have participated in a few

and i still can't stand the game sorry

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:50 PM
Tara...I made no inference that you need assistance in making a decision did I? I would not be so insulting.

However as people have defended say the MT in the past...along the lines of," if you dont like it dont read it......not sure I understand why you would simply post to say you have no interest in the sport?

I am not having a dig, just a little surprised really. Maybe it's the heat. :?

Tara
20-07-06, 05:51 PM
ok i'll go back to the mega thread then

but then its forum i'm a member why shouldn't i post

kciN
20-07-06, 05:52 PM
PH, you seem to be having a time of it, what with M65 elsewhere!! :?

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:54 PM
Of course you are free to post anywhere you please and you know that.

I am being a pain as there have been recently threads floating around with people saying things like..."This is no place for this kind of thread blah,blah."

And others have passed similar comment to mine above saying well if it's not your cup of tea why even trouble yourself to make a post."

Admittedly some of the threads were a little more contentious than your love of golf! :P

I was only reflecting,don't mind me. :wink:

KC...Simple missinterpretations mate nothing more serious than that.

Tara
20-07-06, 05:58 PM
you are of course right Peter my mistake

Peter Henry
20-07-06, 05:59 PM
Tara...No none of that! As I mentioned it was just one of those little thoughts that come to your head,(meaning mine!). This is no big issue between us in any way! :wink: