Jabba
20-07-06, 12:07 PM
*Plodcasts? :wink:

=D>

jonboy
20-07-06, 12:16 PM
*Plodcasts? :wink:

=D>

I have to admit to plagiarizing that from The Times :oops: :wink: .

Jabba
20-07-06, 12:19 PM
This picture doesn't help his image. I'm thinking "smug ****" :roll:

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp/public/_globalimages/cc.jpg

jonboy
20-07-06, 12:22 PM
Ah, that's because he IS a smug ****.

Flamin_Squirrel
20-07-06, 12:24 PM
...not to rely on technology.

Good thing we've got all these speed cameras then :?

Nick762
20-07-06, 12:37 PM
Read it but imagine Ruth Madoc's voice...

Spiderman
20-07-06, 01:01 PM
Sorry but this should be enough for him to get the sack imo.

From his blog....On Saturday I spent the day (should have been my day off, but my wife’s away, so I can sneak off to have some fun) out near the Wakestock Festival at Abersoch with our ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) team.

So his idea of fun is causing misery to others? What a :toss:

Also, read a bit more and it seems that the ANPR is capable of spotting someone smoking a spliff.

The camera read 5891 numberplates, from which we had 321 “hits”, resulting in us stopping 109 cars. During the course of the day the team arrested 22 people, mostly for possession of relatively small amounts of cannabis. So out of 109 stopped cars none seem to have done anything that the ANPR was touted out for, ie uninsured or stolen vehicles being found on the streets.
Instead they have led to stops for little reason and only cos they stopped these cars did they find the weed.
What a waste of police time and this prat sees this wasste of time and money as his little bit of fun.

Public beating is too good for him. :roll:

Jabba
20-07-06, 01:04 PM

Unfortunately, his colleagues would stop that as it's illegal.

Spiderman
20-07-06, 01:48 PM

Unfortunately, his colleagues would stop that as it's illegal.

Really? i thought the boys on the job would enjoy it and maybe join in a bit.

I remember when they used to train at Hendon (just down the road from me) it was Tuesdays from 3-4pm: PACE, an introduction to
and then from 4-5pm - Mindless Brutality, a practical application of.

jonboy
20-07-06, 04:10 PM
:lol:

Grinch
20-07-06, 04:37 PM
I'm sure the publicity office will have a word with him if loads of people complain about his attitude.

Warren
20-07-06, 05:14 PM
ha - tw*t

timwilky
20-07-06, 06:10 PM
Yes, he is a smug one. He has done himself no favors with his over the top past record on targetting motorists and from the tone of his comments about doing something about the death trap re cycling alongside the A55 etc he will continue to be seen as the image of officialdom out of control.

However, if he wants to have "Fun" with the ANPR. Good!, I wish they would deploy more. If it helps bring know offenders to the attention of waiting police or alert on uninsured vehicles so much the better and lets have more.

Unfortunately ANPR is the one part of police technology that is not being fully exploited. One should ask why only a third of the "hits" results in cars being stopped or where they specifically looking for those cars with suspected drug or insurance alerts?.