PDA

View Full Version : Biking Taboos I've just Broken!!

Jabba
20-07-06, 07:44 PM
I have to confess to the following:

1. Drinking a bottle of San Miguel less than 10 mins before hopping on the Hooner to ride home from a pool party
2. Doing said ride home wearing T-shirt and swim-shorts, biking boots, lid (with dark visor) and gloves. No leather keks, no jacket.

Now I would not normally do either of those - teetotal when on the bike and never ride without proper kit. Okay, so it was all of about 300 yards and only two junctions..................but it sure felt good. And just a little bit naughty :twisted:

Shame I didn't have any flip-flops to do the job properly, and TFF the dark visor so no-one could see it was me :lol:

I promise not to do it again.

Law
20-07-06, 07:48 PM
[-X What, you're so lazy you couldn't even walk?

Oh well, I'll let you off since you've promised not to do it again and you had your helmet on.

Jabba
20-07-06, 07:49 PM
[-X What, you're so lazy you couldn't even walk?

Went there straight from work :thumbsup:

Had to move the bike anyway sos other folks could move their cars off the drive otherwise I would have left it there 'til later.

Warren
20-07-06, 08:08 PM
ha ha,

i just rode wearing shorts and a T-shirt,

it was only down the road though, but it felt great :)

Law
20-07-06, 08:12 PM
I rode 4 miles today in full kit - leathers, helmet, back protector.

Sod's Law dictates that when I get on a bike with no protection is the time I throw it down the road.

Jabba
20-07-06, 08:18 PM
I rode 4 miles today in full kit - leathers, helmet, back protector.

That sounds about what I have as a commute and I always wear my kit.

Sod's Law dictates that when I get on a bike with no protection is the time I throw it down the road.

Yep.

Abyss
20-07-06, 10:07 PM
70miles today stuck wearing winterish gloves, bike jacket, lid but stuck with Jeans and DM's.

Ed
20-07-06, 10:26 PM
70miles today stuck wearing winterish gloves, bike jacket, lid but stuck with Jeans and DM's.

I hope you did your boot laces up properly :lol:

donkeykong
21-07-06, 12:01 AM
when was the hottest day? errr tuesday i think,

took the bike for a rip down to tescos (round the corner.... nice cafe :oops:),
just the lid, short sleeved shirt, jeans, and these lush nike running trainers that just let the air FLOW through :D

ahh yeah, so on the way back, I kinda went on the quicker NSL road :twisted:

nice!

Felt odd after stopping though, like 'where the frigs my jacket gone'

JUICY LUCY
21-07-06, 08:01 AM
Where's my post gone Admin? Was my picture too naughty for posting last night? :roll:

fizzwheel
21-07-06, 08:07 AM
Where's my post gone Admin? Was my picture too naughty for posting last night? :roll:

I removed it as it was somewhat provocative. Please remember the forum is U rated and posting naughty / provocative pictures on the forum is not acceptable behaviour.

Thanks

Fizz

Jabba
21-07-06, 08:09 AM

I removed it as it was somewhat provocative. Please remember the forum is U rated and posting naughty / provocative pictures on the forum is not acceptable behaviour.

Yeah..... PM it to me instead :twisted:

Tara
21-07-06, 08:10 AM
Just ride safe you lot

Captain Nemo
21-07-06, 08:11 AM
when we were on the isle of man it was scorching, a couple of times we rode down into town, with shorts and t shirts felt very odd but great at te same time.

was almost like top gun, apart from it not being a gpz or the helmet, well no raybans either, and we didnt have a runway and f16, but you know what i mean.............................

falc
21-07-06, 08:14 AM
Tut Tut Jabba, not very responsible at all :D

I was coming back from a mates and stopped at a mates house literally 200metres from mine to look at this gsxr that was being sold that I subsquently bought. It was raining at the time so put my lid, gloves back on eventhough it was a short distance, come round the corner and a neighbour coming out of a sideroad nearly hits me, I locked up the front and back wheels but got my feet down and saved the bike. Goes to show it can happen anywhere :shock:

Viney
21-07-06, 08:17 AM
Jabba..YOU WORE A DARK VISOR!!! Shame on you ;)

Jabba
21-07-06, 08:23 AM
Jabba..YOU WORE A DARK VISOR!!! Shame on you ;)

Bad to the bone, that's me :wink:

JUICY LUCY
21-07-06, 08:55 AM

Thanks

Fizz

OOPSIE! SORRY FIZZ, WON'T DO IT AGAIN! :oops:

...... and when I drove home that evening, I thought they were all admiring my bike :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jabba
21-07-06, 08:56 AM
...... and when I drove home that evening, I thought they were all admiring my bike :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/twoponds/sv650/worthlesswithoutpics.gif

Flamin_Squirrel
21-07-06, 08:56 AM
What I miss? PM?! :oops:

JUICY LUCY
21-07-06, 09:09 AM

mmm well I did try and post a pic .....

Jabba
21-07-06, 09:14 AM

mmm well I did try and post a pic .....

OK by PM though :thumbsup:

And don't forget FS too :wink:

Spiderman
21-07-06, 09:43 AM
Why oh why do i always miss these good pics?

C'mon Juicy dont let me be the only one who dont know whats going on here. Scientific research purposes only of course ;)

Jabba
21-07-06, 09:57 AM
I've seen the pic.......got to be honest and say that I didn't think it too bad. however, I'm hardly the arbiter of good taste, am I?

thor
21-07-06, 10:03 AM

That's hat happened to me!

The Basket
21-07-06, 12:21 PM
1. Drinking a bottle of San Miguel less than 10 mins before hopping on the Hooner to ride home

TBH...if I had to ride a Hornet, I would need a drink too. :D

Jabba
21-07-06, 12:37 PM
1. Drinking a bottle of San Miguel less than 10 mins before hopping on the Hooner to ride home

TBH...if I had to ride a Hornet, I would need a drink too. :D

To calm the exitement? Fair enough :wink:

M65
21-07-06, 12:52 PM
Why oh why do i always miss these good pics?

C'mon Juicy dont let me be the only one who dont know whats going on here. Scientific research purposes only of course ;)

I missed out too.... :roll:

Stu
21-07-06, 01:40 PM
If you've got a list of who you're pm'ing Juicy? add me to it! 8)

Captain Nemo
21-07-06, 01:50 PM
If you've got a list of who you're pm'ing Juicy? add me to it! 8)

what he said :smt059

Mogs
21-07-06, 02:13 PM
ride home wearing T-shirt and swim-shorts

In that ultra posh conservative area in which you reside, the risk is not falling off, but getting arrested for lewd behavior. Shirt and Tie at all times. Watch out for the magistrate that lives next door.

Jabba
21-07-06, 02:16 PM
ride home wearing T-shirt and swim-shorts

In that ultra posh conservative area in which you reside, the risk is not falling off, but getting arrested for lewd behavior. Shirt and Tie at all times. Watch out for the magistrate that lives next door.

The tone has been lowered since I moved in.

5 houses for sale in the last 6 months. None in the previous 10 years :lol:

Mogs
21-07-06, 02:22 PM
LOL :D

Jabba
21-07-06, 02:24 PM
LOL :D

Yeah - I'm not "local" :wink: