PDA

View Full Version : Bosses!

Lissa
20-07-06, 09:26 PM
It's been pretty unbearable at work this week, but today it was even worse. I really love my job, but after two hours sweating on the circular saw cutting for the internals for three really complicated cases, I was feeling irritable to say the least.

It was at this point that my boss came up to my bench, with a couple of strange guys in tow, and said 'Lissa, some of the lads are complaining that they are too hot. As your bench is nearer to the door, we're going to get you to swap places with them'

A split second later he said 'Not really. Only joking' then turned to the two strange guys and asked,'Did you see?' to which the guys started laughing and said 'Oh yes!'

It turns out that Tony had been telling them about 'The Look'. The look, apparently, that I give him when he annoys me and which makes him run off and hide in his office for the rest of the day. The one he describes as 'the same look that's in a rattlers eyes the split second before it strikes'

Still don't know whether to be annoyed or amused :D :D :D

sharriso74
20-07-06, 09:32 PM
Tell him what else you can cut out/off with a circular saw

BILLY
20-07-06, 09:46 PM
Did it make you smile afterwards :?:

Lissa
20-07-06, 09:47 PM
Tell him what else you can cut out/off with a circular saw

Nah. I'd use the bandsaw for that................remove a mil at a time :shock:

Lissa
20-07-06, 09:48 PM
Did it make you smile afterwards :?:

Yeah, but not where he could see me :D

BILLY
20-07-06, 09:50 PM
So it cheered you up for the rest of the day :D

Razor
20-07-06, 09:55 PM
Sounds like he's getting used to it, seeing as he's brave enough to discuss it with his "support group".

Lissa
20-07-06, 10:07 PM
Sounds like he's getting used to it, seeing as he's brave enough to discuss it with his "support group".

:D

The two guys were customers. They had spotted me at the far end of the factory, and had voiced surprise that such a tiny, delicate little flower would be working in such a rough environment :shock:

Tony apparently then choked on his tea and remarked 'Delicate? Lissa? She's a Rottweiler in Chihauhau's clothing'

Actually, now I'm getting confused. And I a snake, or a dog?

And be VERY careful how you answer THAT one!

:D :D :D :D

busasean
20-07-06, 10:14 PM
a rattle mutt? :D

Lou M
21-07-06, 08:49 AM
Love it!

We girlies need 'The Look' to keep our men towing the line!

Glad you could smile where he couldn't see you, you don't want him to think that you're getting soft.

You Go Girl!

wyrdness
21-07-06, 09:04 AM

A snog? :D

Jabba
21-07-06, 09:20 AM

A snog does sound a lot more pleasant than a doake :wink:

Stingo
21-07-06, 09:24 AM
In my experience, 'The Look' is often followed by one side of my face freezing up and then 'the silent treatment' for at least 24hours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiderman
21-07-06, 09:46 AM

Lisa the snogger? Way to go girl.

At least you now know what look to aim for when you next ask for a pay rise or a day off and it looks like its not going your way ;)

Viney
21-07-06, 09:50 AM
My friend gill who is a copper (Shes also a ginger but thats to do with hair colour not carrer) has 'the look' and apprently its been known to make grown criminal scum, hand thiersleves over with out a fight :lol:

Starts singing Prince songs...ooh, you got the look :lol:

northwind
21-07-06, 11:30 AM
My brother has The Glare Of Contempt. It's really effective... He accidentally used it on one of his directors and despite outranking him by about 10 levels, 20 years and £300,000PA, said director ran off like a whipped dog.

Swiss
21-07-06, 02:01 PM
Starts singing Prince songs...ooh, you got the look

Wasn't it Roxette

ArtyLady
21-07-06, 04:09 PM
My OH has a Clint Eastwood style snarly lip when he is angry 8) :lol:

Lissa
21-07-06, 06:47 PM

Lisa the snogger? Way to go girl.

At least you now know what look to aim for when you next ask for a pay rise or a day off and it looks like its not going your way ;)

I'm a snog................yeah, I like that!

And I've never been refused a pay rise or a day off....................my boss values his ankles too much :shock:

He once said he gave me the job 'cos he was too scared not to :D :D :D