PDA

View Full Version : School holidays

Ed
20-07-06, 10:38 PM
What to do with our 8yo for nearly 7 weeks... I just don't know. Kids club next week, we're on holiday (supposedly) the week after. That's 2 weeks of the 6.75.

Anne's taking Sophie to her mum's in Falmouth for a week at some stage, dunno when. That's 3 of the 6.75.

Anyone got any bright ideas on what to do with an active 8yo?

It's way too long and it would be much easier if half term was say 10 days or 2 weeks and the whole school system was evened out a bit. Fed up with teachers moaning about how hard they work, and how they need a long holiday, what about the rest of us. I should be so lucky.

Ed

Jabba
20-07-06, 10:52 PM
Anyone got any bright ideas on what to do with an active 8yo?

Train him/her to eat grass. Then put a rope round him/her tied to a wooden stake at the other end of said rope. Hammer stake firmly into the centre of the lawn at Austin Towers (wasn't that a film?) with a sledgehammer (wasn't that a song by Peter Gabriel?)*.

No lawn mowing all hols :thumbsup:

*It would be fair to point out that I've had a few at the time of this post

timwilky
21-07-06, 08:05 AM
Do what I did with my youngest daughter, rent her out as a contraceptive.

One week of Laura and there is no chance you will ever have kids. :lol:

kciN
21-07-06, 09:03 AM
We have the same problem. But we're lucky enough to have a good friend or two which can look after him for a small fee!!

Look on the bright side, roads will be fairly empty now, no more mums in their 4by4's!!