PDA

View Full Version : What a storm

Stig
22-07-06, 03:08 AM
Just been woken up by a thunder storm. A what a storm it is.

Just like a tropical one. The sky is a constant activity of forked lightening flashes. Oh well back to bed. :lol:

Tara
22-07-06, 06:14 AM
yep I was up too superb storm

timwilky
22-07-06, 07:12 AM
Hot sticky night up here, had to close the windows and pack away the patio furniture as overnight rain was predicted, never materialised. so I have had to turn the sprinklers back on in the gardens and lawns.

kwak zzr
22-07-06, 08:24 AM
nothing in the midlands yet but i think its on its way.

Lissa
22-07-06, 08:33 AM
Had thunder and rain for the last hour here, but stopped now and the sun is out again..................and it's NO cooler!

Tara
22-07-06, 08:36 AM
Had thunder and rain for the last hour here, but stopped now and the sun is out again..................and it's NO cooler!

Exactly its still bloody hot

falc
22-07-06, 08:59 AM
I missed the storm :(

Tara
22-07-06, 09:00 AM

yeah you were asleep i tried waking you but it was impossible :roll:

falc
22-07-06, 09:00 AM

yeah you were asleep i tried waking you but it was impossible :roll:

Yer sleep is far more important :D

Caddy2000
22-07-06, 09:03 AM
One crack for thunder at 7am, and probably the most rain we've had here in Essex for over a month! But here comes the blue sky (not happy)

Peter Henry
22-07-06, 09:16 AM
Storms are definitely on the way. However we don't expect any here for about another 6 weeks! They have them oop north but not here in the sexy south.

Aint life a b*tch? :?

BernardBikerchick
22-07-06, 09:31 AM
scared the blimmin poooo out of me !!!! tried to hide under the covers but then ended up sweating like a nymph on death row !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BILLY
22-07-06, 10:30 AM
It's on it's way to us in the north a few rumbles of thunder and sounds like it's getting closer no rain as yet!!!!!!!

BabyJ
22-07-06, 10:35 AM
scared the blimmin poooo out of me !!!! tried to hide under the covers but then ended up sweating like a nymph on death row !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Me too but it wasn't too bad so I was ok. It was all over in about 15 minutes. Just glad it didn't come back with a vengeance! *phew!*

Bloo*y dog tho...!! she was shaking like a leaf and panting like mad whilst scratching mad at the floor just trying to hide in a corner! Bless her.

Jdubya
22-07-06, 10:50 AM
Heard the thunder, saw the lightning, dunno what the dog was up to but I was hot and tired and couldn't be bothered :?

mattSV
22-07-06, 12:22 PM
Started about an hour ago in Southampton. Not too much thunder & lightening but absolutely ****ing down with rain.

Buggered up our plans for this afternoon, however at least it should be a bit cooler tonight.

Stig
22-07-06, 12:29 PM
Just into another storm now. Just rain so far but plenty of it.

Stig
22-07-06, 12:30 PM
Just as I wrote that the thunder and lightening has started again. Also the Sat TV has just gone down. World Superbikes in half an hour. Damn.

BabyJ
22-07-06, 12:51 PM
Just raining here, not that heavy either... hopefully it won't turn into a storm but it's certainly cooler :D

Skip
22-07-06, 01:19 PM
The rain just outside Cambridge this morning was unbeleivable - it rained so hard that at 30mph in the cage I couldnt see where I was going! :shock: Pulled onto the sliproad and the was a 1/2-3/4 foot deep river running across it, sent a bow wave over the car! Scary stuff - its all gone now - back to tooooo blooming hot! :(

Chris V
22-07-06, 01:44 PM
Big bank of rain about to hit Herts

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/
Try the animated setting, its fun :shock:

trickywoos
22-07-06, 03:49 PM
Missed the storm this morning (if it got to Guildford). Love storms though. Just been spitting a bit here on and off today. As long as tomorrow is dry, it's all good.

Tara
22-07-06, 04:10 PM
did you get one at 1pm it poured down here and thundered and lightened too

TVR_Tracy
22-07-06, 04:34 PM
The storm was awesome, I woke up at 4am, didn't hear anythhing, but I did see the lightening :twisted: :twisted:

Abyss
22-07-06, 05:23 PM
I was riding on down the M40 / M42 for the entire time that huge storm about 2 hours ago was going on... couldnt see 5 ft in front of you... did find out however my waterproof trousers arnt waterproof but my jacket is :)

BILLY
22-07-06, 05:37 PM
Just started to lash it down hear about half an hour ago thunder and lightning too and it's soooooo cooool now 8)

Lissa
23-07-06, 04:03 PM
We got really hammered by the storm yesterday afternoon. Were down at Robsom Racing in Shipston on Stour getting a new front tyre when it started. It was so windy the trees were almost horizontal, and the rain was lashing down. We then had to ride in that to Cheltenham as our friends were having a house-warming do. No waterproofs and a brand new front....lovely :D

Worse though was coming home at 2am. Fog so thick on the Fosse Way that you couldn't see more than 10ft :shock:

Kinvig
24-07-06, 08:06 AM
Was stuck in it on the M3.

It was sunny when I left London so I didn't have my waterproofs.

My jeans were minging & my leather jacket leached purple stuff all over my white t-shirt.

Could see about 10 foot in front of me. Hooked up with some other bikers on the motorway & we filtered through the slow moving traffic together, looking like drowned puppy dogs.

My gloves are still drenched & my hands now smell a bit like rotting meat, hmm...meat.

keithd
24-07-06, 09:23 AM
Started about an hour ago in Southampton. Not too much thunder & lightening but absolutely p*ssing down with rain.

Buggered up our plans for this afternoon, however at least it should be a bit cooler tonight.

eye, i was caught in that. got drenched going from mini bus to the entrance at newbury race course. rained stair rods for about 2 hours continuous! :shock:

didn't stop 3 of my gee gee's romping home first tho :wink:

diamond
24-07-06, 10:04 AM
I was out with the TA playing soldiers in the middle of Salisbury Plain and got absolutely soaked, it was so bad the exercise was stopped for an hour and a half cos we lost all comms cos of the lightening.

Lou M
26-07-06, 08:01 AM
I was in the middle of the Solent :cry:

Friday night sail was good, lightning behind the clouds lighting up the sky.
But then the storm Saturday lunchtime, now that wasn't nice. I have never felt so much fear in all my life - to find later that it was only a force 7. I'm sure it was much higher than that.