PDA

View Full Version : Summer Gear

splund
07-08-06, 12:34 PM
Hi, I've got a textile jacket and trouser, both with removable thermal inserts. These are good for 0-10'C, and upto 15'C without the thermal liners. Any hotter and I'm sweating my bits off. I also have leather trouser and jacket and these are good for 12 to 18'C any hotter and again i'm sweating like a great big sweaty thing. My textile jacket doesn't have any air vents, but the trousers do. My leather jacket has air vents but the trousers dont. Combining textile trouser and leather jacket gets me out in temperatures up to 20'C.

Does anybody know of a jacket/trouser set that would allow me out, with decent protection, without sweating like an unmentionable in temps upto 25'C?

Do teabag leathers really work well or would i be better with indoor/motoX gear, for when it gets real sunny. In my head what would be ideal is a set of textiles with removable layers, suitable for different weather conditions. Such is strong vented layer for hot weather, windproof layer for dryer and cooler days, thermal layer for cold days, and waterproof layer for when its wet, all build around a strong impact/abrasion layer, such as moto/x armour. Fit adjusting straps would be good to maintain a snug fit, depending on the differing layers chosen. Is such a thing available?

Splund.

therealvw
16-08-06, 11:03 AM
HI
Mate bought a BELSTAFF airblast( think it is called that) and he says it is brilliant. Has ELEVEN vents that can be opened!

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product.asp?ProductID=335

That should get to a page to see it.

He loves it!

Although now it is getting alittle cooler, maybe you need something else???

thor
16-08-06, 11:08 AM
Richa AVS jacket.

All the usual tricks though, ride with your flies open etc...