PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 20th August

Skip
16-08-06, 09:10 PM
Well, seeing as Cronos beat us to the first post in here, I thought I would be first with the first rideout post! :P

The weather (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/eastern.html) isnt looking too bad for Sunday so whos up for a rideout ending up with a meet at the Quayside? Based on preferences from before, it seemed an earlier afternoon would suit more people.

I will let the proper locals think of a suitable route as I am not au fait with Cambridgeshire roads... (yes Simon that probably means you! :lol: )

So come on then, stand up and be counted! :D

Ward8124
17-08-06, 08:04 AM
Yeah i will meet you guys at the Quay side....got a few things to do on Sunday so will be unable to attend the actual ride out but shud be good to see for a beer!

K
17-08-06, 12:37 PM
I'm likely to be working again throughout this weekend, but on the off chance I can spare a couple of hours (unlikely, but more in mind of future events) can you post up a link to where this place is for me. Ta.

seedy100
17-08-06, 06:57 PM
Sorry - on hols
- up in the Yorkshire Dales. - in the car. :oops:

Mind you if the weather doesnt improve we might just come home again!

simple simon
17-08-06, 09:11 PM
OK, OK.............

Newmarket to Stradishall to Clare on the B1063.

Clare to Baythorn End on the A1092

then via Haverhill on the A1017/A1307 to Linton and Cambridge

starts off quite twisty and hilly - yes there are some hills in the Fens (cue the 'sure they are not speed humps' quips) through the country and opens up to some fast sweeping A road / dual carriageway. Some roundabout stuff for the knee down enthusiasts (I can't!) and a short hop to the Quayside.

Can someone suggest a better bar/final destination? The quayside may be picturesque by the river but the service is appalling and the drinks v.expensive IMO.
How about somewhere totally different like the Unicorn Pub in Trumpington? The Bridge Hotel nr Waterbeach?

oh, and what sort of time?
If we do this route I thought a good meeting point might be The World Famous Comfort Cafe and a quick dive over to the 'start'?
Should take about an hour and a half.

jonboy
17-08-06, 09:14 PM
Would also suggest that coffee/non-alcoholic drinks might be best.

rwoodcock01
17-08-06, 10:01 PM
****, I will be running round a forest shooting at someone!

Don't worry just airsofting, but would have liked to have made it, will make the next one.

Skip, how's the Z750s going? just realised you have changed bike. Any good?

Cheers

Rich

Skip
18-08-06, 07:42 AM
oh, and what sort of time?
If we do this route I thought a good meeting point might be The World Famous Comfort Cafe and a quick dive over to the 'start'?
Should take about an hour and a half.
How about early afternoon? Say 1:30-2:00 time? Not really fussed either way but it would be nice if it was all in daylight... :) Are we going to meet at Barton Mills again Simon?

Very nice thanks mate, very nice indeed! More than enough power, great handling and good wind protection - I love it! :D

rwoodcock01
18-08-06, 07:47 AM
Very nice thanks mate, very nice indeed! More than enough power, great handling and good wind protection - I love it! :D[/quote]

Sounds good, been wondering about what bike to get next, was thinking of a SV1000S or the Z750S (much later down the line). :D :lol:

By the way, the weekend forcast is a mixture of sun and rain, more note given to the rain and perhaps thunder storms. Just thought I would warn you all.

Cheers

Rich

Ward8124
18-08-06, 01:15 PM
Ok peeps so are we all hooking up the quayside again and if so what time?

Skip
20-08-06, 07:48 AM
Well its been absolutely pee-ing it down here all night and the forecast (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/eastern.html) looks dreadful - also a mate of mine has asked me to help him put a new gearbox in his 4x4 today - so I am afraid with those lame excuses I will be giving it a miss...

Dont worry I will usually make it, this is the exception not the rule! :wink:

Ward8124
20-08-06, 09:55 AM
Looks like this is going to be a wash out so what do we say to postponeing it to another time later in the week?

jonboy
20-08-06, 10:11 AM
Yes, good idea.

K
20-08-06, 10:47 AM
'S bright and sunny over here. :roll:

Though now I've said that it'll probably wee it down. :wink:

Anyway, um...

... I busy working aren't I...

... ah, just grabbing a cuppa y'know! *scuffies back to workbench* :oops:

simple simon
20-08-06, 11:00 AM
So much for the scatteres showers - it has hammered it down for the majority of the morning!
I am sure we can sort something soon.

Vfr400
21-08-06, 08:51 PM
As i was marshalling at the weekend I'm sorta glad it 'll be arranged for another time, having said that i'm racing every weekend in September :D
Why not pop along to snetterton for a days racing? 2/3rd sept Club racing and 16/17th for classic bikes.

chris

Skip
21-08-06, 10:27 PM
As i was marshalling at the weekend I'm sorta glad it 'll be arranged for another time, having said that i'm racing every weekend in September :D
Why not pop along to snetterton for a days racing? 2/3rd sept Club racing and 16/17th for classic bikes.

chris
I live only 15 minutes from Snetterton so might try and pop down on one of these days - if I get time...!