PDA

View Full Version : Abba wheel spin.does it work?

ged
28-08-06, 04:30 PM
I am thinking of buying this abba wheel spin as i use my bike every day and will need something simple to help lube my chain on this new bike. no more choke on and onto stand then spray!! Paddock stand is out of the question as it seems more trouble than they are worth. Do not want to be messing around in the winter months with ball breaker tools :) is it any good??

ged

TC3
02-09-06, 07:29 AM
Dunno about that but i got a Tommy Jack just before i left on a trip and it is so easy to use to raise the bike and lube the chain

Jdubya
08-09-06, 04:01 PM
Just get the abba superbike stand...wrks a treat and is easy to use.
Also, if you change your bike, all you do is get the adaptors for the new bike and no need to change the stand again :thumbsup:
When I bought the triumph after the SV I had to get rid of the paddock stand because it did not work with the single-sided swingarm on the triumph :?

Robssv
17-11-06, 09:19 PM
Get the Abba bike stand??? I built my own for about £30, works in a simular way to the Abba using the swinging arm pivots. Hope to put together some pics of it soon. If anyone can weld its quite simple to knock up.

Fearg
17-11-06, 10:35 PM
How about one of these?

Wheel Spin.

http://upload4.postimage.org/1676936/wheel_spinner.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1676936/photo_hosting.html)

Fed up with pushing your bike back and forth to lube the chain and clean the wheels ? Wheel-Spin is designed to be the perfect solution to this problem. This clever piece of kit enables the user to freely rotate either wheel whilst the bike is parked on its side stand. Place it on the floor in front of your wheel, push the wheel on top of Wheel-Spin rest the bike on its side stand and you can turn your wheel. Adjustable to suit all tyre sizes and small enough to keep with you. This device may not

Price: £25.00

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=WSPIN

Demonz
17-11-06, 10:51 PM
Big up to Abba - mine arrived today (ordered yesterday) - and they still gave the SV discount which expired in May :cheers:

Demonz
17-11-06, 11:01 PM
I am thinking of buying this abba wheel spin as i use my bike every day and will need something simple to help lube my chain on this new bike. no more choke on and onto stand then spray!! Paddock stand is out of the question as it seems more trouble than they are worth. Do not want to be messing around in the winter months with ball breaker tools :) is it any good??

ged I used a technique of pulling on the bike to balance on the side stand and front wheel - with the rear wheel in the air and the bike in neutral its easy to spin the rear wheel so you can lube the chain. Maybe an easy option to get you started.

Richie
17-02-07, 10:50 PM
abba superbike stand all the way..... fantastical bit of kit.:smt109

$tevo
03-03-07, 10:32 PM
Get the Abba bike stand??? I built my own for about £30, works in a simular way to the Abba using the swinging arm pivots. Hope to put together some pics of it soon. If anyone can weld its quite simple to knock up.

Rob,
Any chance you could knock up a fag packet drawing mate?

Cheers!